Quicken Loans Interview Questions in Livonia, MI

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Livonia, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face, followed by another face to face. The interviews were strange to me in that they tried to get me to say that I didn't think i could handle the job. "you have to meet your sales target each month, a lot of people don't meet them. How would react if you didn't meet your sales target?" I finally threw him and the other interview lady a dirty look and was like "I don't know what your trying to do, but your not going to scare me". I don't think it was a dirty look, more of sideways face looking, amused as if I was thinking "what is wrong with these people?". I think it was because i was hung over.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Livonia, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

Contacted by internal recruiter for the position. Phone interview with recruiter and discussion of the process which would consist of one in person interview with hiring manager. Interview was held 2 weeks later. Quicken verified all employment and personal references provided. Individual doing the verification attempted to identify inconsistencies by asking the same question multiple times in different ways. Informal dress code and relaxed communication standards exist, but ultimately the same corporate issues remain regardless of how you dress.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Know what you are looking for and name it when dealing from the recruiter forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Livonia, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process at Quicken Loans consists of 3 interviews before hire. The first interview is with a recruiter. If you are invited for a second interview, this will be with the Director/Team Leader who you would be working under. Assuming you do well on this interview, you are then asked back for a final interview with a Vice President of the division you would be working in. These three then meet to decide whether or not you would be a good hire. My understanding is that the communication skills you demonstrate in the interviews are just as important as the background information that you share about yourself.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing that was asked of me was to make an impromptu "sales call" to another recruiter. This caught me completely off guard.   Answer Question

Progress Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Livonia, MI) in January 2010.

Interview

I was called by the Quicken Loans internal recruiter who got my resume off one of the internet job boards. Went through a 45-50 min phone interview first which typically centered around my experience and some technical questions. Was called for an on-site group/panel interview which lasted about 90 mins. Interview consisted of mostly behavioral/situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important duties for a DBA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Livonia, MI) in October 2009.

Interview

After the phone interview, which consisted of asking for availability, you are invited for a 1:1 interview. During the 1:1 you parade around the office, and are asked about your experiences. They try to make the company seem like a great place to work, and expose you to the "fun" atmosphere. They ask if you have been in sales before, how would you sell a computer or any other object, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Livonia, MI) in May 2009.

Interview

Everyone was very pleasant and professional... It was a 3 interview process. First, you meet with a gatekeeper. You do a basic interview and they ask you to do a faux sales call and some basic math questions. If you are asked back, you meet with a Director of Mortgage banking and then, for me, from there I actually interviewed with the Vice President.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will succeed here?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you didn't think you would make it but you prevailed.   Answer Question