Quicken Loans Interview Questions in Michigan

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.7

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Questions regarding what Quicken Loans is and known for. There was brief detail about my resume and some general questions asked regarding what I was involved in at college. Some questions regarding my work history and what they entailed and if I was currently working. Asked if I was comfortable working in Detroit and getting paid hourly. It was a positive experience. Pretty low stress. Just need to know about the company you are applying to intern for.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you had in the workplace and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter telling me that they would be in touch by phone and gave me the recruiters contact information. Then I got a phone call a couple days later, around 9am and completed a 10-15 minute phone interview with the recruiter. About five days later, I got a phone call saying they were going to be moving on with other candidates for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your current salary? What would you expect to make in this position? Do you know anyone who works here? What are the most challenging things about your current job? What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied, was called within 24 hours and went to second interview within the week. The whole process was pretty painless and simple. Very basic interview. Also you have to do a fake sales call.

TechOr Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interviewer asked several questions about skills, background, and mentioned a few duties that may be performed and capabilities to perform those duties. It was advertised as a "tech internship", but my vibe was that it was only loosely associated with the IT field. I did manage to get out of the interviewer that most of the "tech internships" were actually quality assurance. Which, unless it's software quality assurance, I'm not too sure how that benefits someone looking to work in the IT field. I was a lot more interested in programming as opposed to checking boxes on a random "quality assurance" sheet. It's probably not a bad job, but I doubt the legit tech aspects I was looking for really exist.

Interview Questions

• Can you work with excel?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable making $11.00 / hour and working in downtown Detroit?   1 Answer
    • What exactly does this internship consist of?   1 Answer

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I went to a job fair and gave my resume to a quicken loans recruiter. I got a call 2 days later requesting to do a background check and credit check and to set up an interview. Once all the checks went through, I went to an in person interview another 5 days after. It took two weeks after the first interview to hear back from my recruiter for the second in person interview. I was told they would set up an interview that week and asked which days I was free. I then received a call the next day saying they no longer saw me fit the position.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

A series of phone interviews followed by an in person interview in one of their Detroit offices. The process was fairly easy and not too personable. Everyone was very welcoming but it is very apparent that you are just one of many as you go through the process.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Quicken Loans and what makes you special.   Answer Question

Associate Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

the first interview was a phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes and they asked simple questions which are basically to pick out the people that do not really fit into the business. after the phone interview you meet up with the management team a couple of times. if all of that works out then you are good to go

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I went through three interviews. I was also refered by a family member. The first interview was a call asking me where i was interested in joining. The second was with a recruit trying to sell her Quizzle. The third was with a director, i watched a banker for about a hour than talked to the director for about a hour.

Technology Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Entirely Phone Interviews, first prelimary second to assess a culture fit and the final with a prospective "team" that i'd be working with. The final interview was a conference call with 3 men who oversee the area where I'd work. Every step of the way the Quicken Loans representatives I dealt with were incredibly courteous and accommodating. The interviews were relatively short but probably standard for phone interviews. It was a good interview process.

Summer Technology Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I was referred by someone who works there, and then had a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice and the process went smoothly. The phone screen is basically a behavioral questions interview so make sure to have your resume out, know what you want to talk about and prepare for basic behavioral questions.