Quicken Loans

Average Difficulty
130 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Applied online. Worked with a recruiter before getting passed to a recruiter for the Banker position. Had a phone interview and was then called into the building for an in person interview. They seamed to already know if I was a good fit or not. The interview was more of making sure I was on the same page as them.

Interview Question – Had to do a "sales call" to my recruiter in another room and sell a product based on viewing a single page worth of information. If you have any sort of sales training or background that follows general principles of a sale, you will do just fine. They are trying to see how you do outside of your comfort zone and if you can be forceful with a person on the phone.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The hours you work in this position are 65+ a week. 11 hours days or more. If you have a family give them one last kiss before your first day. It is a VERY rewarding position but it will encompass your life. I would however say its a great place to start in the company.

Detroit, MI

I applied online and interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – mock call, bizarre unexpected questions, and a judgemental second interview. I don't really see how anyone could prepare for this interview. I'm glad I did'y get the job because my quality of life would have decreased significantly. They tell the candidate up front that they will start working from 7 to 9 pm to build a book of business.

Interview Question – if you have marketing and pr experience why sales   View Answer

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and had two phone interviews. Second interview with Recruiter, and third interview with Area Vice President. After the third interview I shadowed with a Mortgage Banker on the banking floor. The interview questions were basic...they just want to make sure you are willing to work a lot of hours and are focused on making money.

Interview Question – Had to do a mock sales call for a company called Quizzle.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided the work schedule didn't fit my career needs.

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Quicken Loans in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interview seemed to be going well, then you're expected to cold call someone and sell them a Direct TV package, which I wasn't at all prepared for and found it to be quite strange. I wasn't able to get the "actor" on the other line to buy it.

Interview Question – Less a mortgage banking and more of a sales job.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in June 2014.

Interview Details – One phone call, a release of credit. Brings you to a face to face. The recruiter brought me in to a very nice qube office...I did my research on Quicken and the interviewer. Amazingly smart company, I could learn a ton from them.

Interview Question – the Quizzle phone sell. Five minutes to sound confident is a joke. What could I do had to roll with the punches... Flopped like a fish out of water.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted because of a previous job that I had interviewed for and the whole process was very quick. I had a little phone chat, an in person interview with HR, and then an in person interview with a manager all within a week and I heard back from the employer the very next day with the results.

Interview Question – What have you been doing since you graduated?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided that I wanted to move away from Detroit and didn't want to commit to something that I wasn't sure if I would stay or not.

Intern Interview

Intern
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had 3 phone interviews with an HR person. Simple questions regarding what you know about the company, and few behavioral questions. Fun, young HR department that makes you feel comfortable.

Interview Question – Not to hard. Make sure you do some research on the company first.
Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Interns are always paid $11 per hour.

Intern Interview

Intern
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very helpful throughout the whole process, however they never answered whenever I called which was frustrating, but they always called back. interview wasn't too hard but not too easy. First interview was pretty basic, they gaged my interests and personality, 5-10 mins. Second was harder, 20-25 mins.

Interview Question – Talk about a time your were competitive. Do you like being competitive? Talk about your academics and extracirrculars. What does quicken loans do? What division are you most interest in? What skills and traits do you have that would help you in the division you want to be in? Talk about a time when you struggles and faced hardship and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Strict $11/hr. Mortgage Bankers start June 2.

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2012.

Interview Details – Just be your self. They are looking for people that are over the top sales experts. Quicken Just wants someone that they can teach. There is truly on need to have any sales experience. If you are confident and can show the recruiter that you can be instructed you will make the cut.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to influence some one to do something that they did not want to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on 05/12/2014 and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. Phone interview took about 15 minutes, mainly to discuss my roles with my prior employers also to discuss the demanding hours and dedication the Mortgage Banker position required. I then was contacted 45 minutes later by a Spanish speaking Recruiter to assure that I was indeed a fluent Spanish speaker. It basically consistent of the same process as the 1st phone interview. I was asked to complete a consent form for a background check, after that cleared I was called back to be invited for in-person interview (05/19) with the recruiter. (if that goes well you will be invited to meet a director that same day or very soon) I then met with the director of my potential team. That meeting was more personal, questions about my commute, kids, competitive spirit, and drive. Really to make sure you fit their culture. I then shadowed a MB for a couple hours and I was called within 24 hours with a verbal offer. (process: 1.Verbal offer 2. Reference check 3. Background check 4. Written Offer)

Interview Questions

• QL really tries to make the interview as smooth as possible, no questions were to difficult. The only challenge was the phone call to the recruiter to try to sale Quizzle. But if you have a sales background this process should come easy, if not practice selling something (anything, pen, paper etc.) selling water to bridge type of mentality   View Answer
  • Be ready to meet   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation...

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!