Quicken Loans Interview Questions in Michigan

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Total scam!!! I'm so glad I did my homework and reviewed various sites looking at comments. I can't speak for everyone that post here saying this place "is all that" but the application process starts off as a lie. How can you apply for a position on their website, get a call from "HR" or whomever, and they proceed to tell you about all the awards the company received, etc., blah,blah, blah, and then they tell you that HR will review all the open positions the company has and see which one you qualified for. WTF??!! I said, "I only applied for this position as a direct hire, not a contract worker." Well I f' up at that point because the phone went silent...I asked if the position was a direct hire. I was told "yes." I then reiterated that I was only interested in the position I applied to, nothing else.

I get an e-mail saying thanks and we'll let you know the next step in the process. Get a voice message the next day saying they were more qualified applicants (yeah, right). They try to hire you as a contract employee, you work 55+ hours for them at $11.50/hour, and then you're gone. They don't have to pay any unemployment because you were a contract worker. No thanks.

Total scam--but keep drinkin' the Kool-Aid...

Interview Questions

• 1. Are you available for work over the next six months; 2. Are you expecting to be unavailable for work for more than one week over the next six months; 3. Have you been convicted of a financial misdemeanor (I would thing either felony or misdemeanor) or any financial crimes; 4. Do you have good credit   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted two days later by a recruiter's assistant to set up a phone interview the following week. Phone interview consisted of him briefing me about the company, walking through my resume with a focus of why I left each job. Polite, quick, and rather textbook. Promised a reply within 48 hours. After 72, I was called to hear that "We unfortunately do not have a position to suit you at this time."

Interview Questions

• "What was your biggest professional challenge you had to overcome?"   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called and emailed me within 2 weeks of applying for the internship on their site. He was very nice and gave a lot of information about how fun the work environment is. Make sure you read up on the company because they do ask what you know about Quicken Loans right away. After the interview he said he'd call back in a week with feedback. Unfortunately, at that time they had decided to move forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake either professionally or academically.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans (Saginaw, MI).

Interview

They called the day after I applied and conducted the interview. The representative was friendly, just spoke fast. They asked basic questions regarding my job choice selection and my major at school.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through the web site, and received a call back within 3 weeks. Recruiter was nice and friendly. Went through my resume, asked all the relevant to my education/experience questions. Then regular behavioral questions.
    We talked about my salary expectations and position choices.

EveryAvailable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

After you upload your resume and cover letter to the site, you will be contacted briefly afterwards (usually no later than a week.) I was contacted the next day. I set up an interview and the interview was no more than 10 minutes. My interviewee applauded me for most of the things I said during the interview, making me feel positive about the internship. Unfortunatlely, I was not selected to go further. I was contacted four days after my interview stating how I was a good candidate, but it was an overload of applicants and I was one of the ones who applied too late, because most spots were fulfilled. I think the intenship should not be posted onto the site if the spots are filled making individuals like myself think I jad a chance.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me what you know about Quicken Loans?
      -Professional mistake in the workplace
      -Work experience that shows I am qualified for the position
      -Current G.P.A
      -Talke about computer programs that you're familiar/profient with

Answer Question

Windows Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online & updated the existing resume they had on file. In total I had 5 interviews with two different areas in their IT department over the course of almost 4 weeks. In one instance the recruiter sent out the wrong date/time for the interview & it was rescheduled. The 2nd time the team I was interviewing with was 15 minutes late & I had to contact the recruiter to remind them of the appointment. Once a few people joined the call the interview only lasted 15 minutes due to another meeting they had to attend. In short, it felt rushed & unprepared. I was not offered an onsite interview and suspect it was because I have a diverse background in different technologies & they required someone who specialized in specific areas. The recruiters were very nice, however the late/missed appointments make me wonder if this is part of a "too much on my plate" culture at Quicken Loans.

Interview Questions

• If a user reported an application running from a server was slow, what would you do?   1 Answer

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

My interviewer was brutal. He was very aggressive and almost provocative with his questions. Really dug deep into my history to see if my story added up or not. Not that i had anything to hide but i felt it was unnecessary.
    2 guys were in the room during the interview. 1 asked the questions. I felt he was unprofessional and rude.
    At the end he handed me a sheet of paper with info on it. Gave me a few minutes to look over it and then they left the room and had me call them and sell them this made up financial product.
    The other dude answers and role plays a busy ignorant customer that seems disinterested.

Worst interview ever.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in detroit for $10 an hr?   1 Answer

Thats how bad the interview was. I left feeling abused.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening. I looked at glassdoor after scheduling the interview, so I didn't really *want* to work at Quick Loans. I was just curious about how the recruiter would address my concerns. Here's what I remember.

Note: Obviously, mentioning glassdoor and asking some of these questions is not recommended if you're trying to get the job.

a). I've read that people work long hours and even 7 days a week.

A: We require our employees to come every other Saturday. The position requires people to work 55 hours a week.

b). I would need to take breaks to eat.

A: We can make accommodations for any disabilities.

c). Is there cold calling?

A: We have warm leads.

I am an above-average applicant for the position because I have sales/customer service experience, and I was able to answer questions about my experiences. However, the interview didn't go well because I knew little about the company (this made him cranky), and my own questions indicated that I knew about their tactics. But I cannot say for sure if mentioning the eating issue did or didn't hurt my chances. Just to be on the safe side, I wouldn't bring it up if you're diabetic, hypoglycemic, etc.

On the plus side, they will call you to tell you if you are/aren't moving on in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Quicken Loans? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

HR gave me a 20 minutes call asking me about my background and several behavior questions. It was not so hard, just providing him some information about your self. I got a phone call informing me of the second interview two weeks after the first one. I am still preparing for the second round.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest professional failure?
      Tell me more about your projects.

Answer Question