Quicken Loans Interview Questions in Michigan

Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.7

136 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

I applied online and after three weeks I received a call. After an over the phone interview the recruiter said he would get back to me after a few days. Then I got called for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • They set up a mock sale over the phone while at the in person interview. After 2-3 minutes I was told to call a number and sell an internet protection plan. I had the caller going and then he said he would have to talk to his wife to get an answer and then I didn't continue on.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

A recruiter will contact you after you apply via telephone. The first call is sort of an on the spot interview with a few questions such as:

What do you know about our company?
    Why do you think it would be a good fit for you?
    ..and they make sure the hours and location would also be a fit for you.

If they move on with you, they will perform a background check and then go on to set up a second interview via phone.

Interview Questions
    • What really strives you to succeed?
      What was a negative experience you have went through in your professional career?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Pretty long interview process, about 4 weeks. Applied online with normal resume and cover letter shin-dig, then 2 phone interviews and one last one in person. Lot of general questions, culture and fit, but did want me to explain how my experiences would enable me to do various tasks. Had to use stories/experiences from the past to explain tough times, a conflict, etc.
    Everyone was very kind and fun who i worked with during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, mostly fit. Only difficult part is they would dig into your story to make sure it made sense and you weren't making it up on the fly   View Answer
    Since it was an internship, there was no negotiation

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

interviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2014.

Worst experience I've ever had dealing with a recruiter. I submit an application online, 2 weeks later, she calls me. We have a phone interview, I can tell she's not paying attention because she asks me the same exact scenario question twice. I literally wanted to be like ... Didn't you just ask me that? But I okay along and give the same exact answer I gave her. She. Says she'll discuss it with her colleagues and call me back. This was a Monday, she said I'll definitely hear back from her by Friday. I heard nothing. I check my application online, status still shows 'under review'. The next week, I called her in a Thursday, almost 2 weeks after I spoke with her. Left a vm, asking the status of my application. She call me back, leaves a vm saying she wants to follow up on the conversation we just had. I call her back leave a vm, she calls back, leaves a vm, now we're playing phone tag. I call her and tell her when to call me, I said all day Monday. I'm waiting on her call all day, once u finally got a hold of her, she said 'we've decided to go with a stronger candidate'. She couldn't send a Dear John letter? What was the point of getting someone's hopes so high for this? I thought she was unprofessional and she knew a month prior she wasn't interested and decided to tag me along. Funny thing, the person that asked me to apply had never even been an underwriter in his life!! He was a mortgage processor. So for her to say we decided to go with a stronger candidate and I have 5 yrs of underwriting experience is B.S to me. It took them 6 weeks to deny me. How ridiculous!!! I will never apply for Quicken Loans ever again!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Give me something tragic that happened to you at a job besides a layoff or death. and how you reacted to it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied online. Worked with a recruiter before getting passed to a recruiter for the Banker position. Had a phone interview and was then called into the building for an in person interview. They seamed to already know if I was a good fit or not. The interview was more of making sure I was on the same page as them.

Interview Questions
    • Had to do a "sales call" to my recruiter in another room and sell a product based on viewing a single page worth of information. If you have any sort of sales training or background that follows general principles of a sale, you will do just fine. They are trying to see how you do outside of your comfort zone and if you can be forceful with a person on the phone.   View Answer

The hours you work in this position are 65+ a week. 11 hours days or more. If you have a family give them one last kiss before your first day. It is a VERY rewarding position but it will encompass your life. I would however say its a great place to start in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans.

mock call, bizarre unexpected questions, and a judgemental second interview. I don't really see how anyone could prepare for this interview. I'm glad I did'y get the job because my quality of life would have decreased significantly. They tell the candidate up front that they will start working from 7 to 9 pm to build a book of business.

Interview Questions
    • if you have marketing and pr experience why sales   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in June 2014.

Applied online and had two phone interviews. Second interview with Recruiter, and third interview with Area Vice President. After the third interview I shadowed with a Mortgage Banker on the banking floor. The interview questions were basic...they just want to make sure you are willing to work a lot of hours and are focused on making money.

Interview Questions
    • Had to do a mock sales call for a company called Quizzle.   Answer Question

Decided the work schedule didn't fit my career needs.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans in June 2014.

I submitted an application online. I got a call from one recruiter in the project management area. After speaking with me, she said that she thought I would be a good fit for the technology project management roles. At that point, she forwarded my information to that department, and I soon got a call from one of the technology recruiters. This is about that last convesation with the tech recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Besides the death of a family member or the loss of a job, what was the most terrible thing that has ever happened to you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in June 2014.

One phone call, a release of credit. Brings you to a face to face. The recruiter brought me in to a very nice qube office...I did my research on Quicken and the interviewer. Amazingly smart company, I could learn a ton from them.

Interview Questions
    • the Quizzle phone sell. Five minutes to sound confident is a joke. What could I do had to roll with the punches... Flopped like a fish out of water.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

I initially applied on-line and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. We did my phone interview at that time and it was about 20 minutes long. He asked what type of information I already heard about the company and why I was interested in the job. He was really easy to talk to. From there, he sent me an email requesting consent for a basic credit check. He called back the next day once that was completed to offer me an in-person interview for the next week. That interview last about an hour and a half. They really go over the whole job and training process, making sure you understand the requirements, especially in regards to the time commitment. You are asked to complete a mock sales call to another recruiter. I don't believe they will ever accept the offer you are to make but the test is really to see how easily you give up and how persuasive you can be without being pushy. I was told right away that I would be set-up with an interview with the RVP (Regional Vice-President) for the following week. That interview was a little more intensive. He wanted to make sure that I understood what the job entails and make sure that you have the correct personality type for the position. I was nervous that I wasn't going to get the job because he didn't offer to have me shadow any of the current bankers. Apparently, the RVP that I interviewed with just doesn't always have people do that and it didn't mean anything because I received a phone call 2 days later with a verbal offer. The official written offer comes after a full background check has been completed and all of your references have been contacted.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews really weren't that difficult. Most of the questions were pretty standard. The mock sales call was the only aspect that was considerably different than other interviews I've had in the past.   Answer Question