Quicken Loans

2.7

Summer Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2015.

I was referred by someone who works there, and then had a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice and the process went smoothly. The phone screen is basically a behavioral questions interview so make sure to have your resume out, know what you want to talk about and prepare for basic behavioral questions.

Client Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2015.

sent my resume via the website and was contacted immediately. After the initial phone interview there was a more in depth phone interview and a face to face meeting at their location. Nice atmosphere and pleasant people. Was asked regular interview questions about previous experience and work situations I encountered

No negotiation

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in January 2015.

I applied online and was contacted by veteran recruiter regaring resume and positions applied for. I had a initial phone interview with veteran recruiter after i choose to pursue a regular position i was referred to another recruiter which i had a another phone interview with. I was called back after 2 days and was offerd a better qualified position. She discussd job requirements and pay and set up a in person interview within 2 days. In person interview was a panel interview with team leaders and supervisors. I will hear back within several days if job offer

Set pay through aerotech

Client Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

I was called on the phone and they asked me questions about what I was looking for. Then I got a second call to set up an interview. Received a call for a phone interview where they asked behavioral questions and such.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult task at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in December 2014.

It was extremely frustrating to get ahold of a recruiter; they never pick up when you call because they are scheduled with back to back phone interviews. When I met in person, one interviewer was very professional but the other had chipped nail polish and was not as presentable as I though she was be.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were standard interview questions: greatest work hurdle you've overcome and how, what your strongest/weakest attribute is, etc.   Answer Question
    It was very streamlined and simple for the applicant. The only downside is that they never officially told me that I passed my background check, so I had to live with that for a couple months.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

I applied online and after three weeks I received a call. After an over the phone interview the recruiter said he would get back to me after a few days. Then I got called for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • They set up a mock sale over the phone while at the in person interview. After 2-3 minutes I was told to call a number and sell an internet protection plan. I had the caller going and then he said he would have to talk to his wife to get an answer and then I didn't continue on.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

A recruiter will contact you after you apply via telephone. The first call is sort of an on the spot interview with a few questions such as:

What do you know about our company?
    Why do you think it would be a good fit for you?
    ..and they make sure the hours and location would also be a fit for you.

If they move on with you, they will perform a background check and then go on to set up a second interview via phone.

Interview Questions
    • What really strives you to succeed?
      What was a negative experience you have went through in your professional career?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Pretty long interview process, about 4 weeks. Applied online with normal resume and cover letter shin-dig, then 2 phone interviews and one last one in person. Lot of general questions, culture and fit, but did want me to explain how my experiences would enable me to do various tasks. Had to use stories/experiences from the past to explain tough times, a conflict, etc.
    Everyone was very kind and fun who i worked with during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, mostly fit. Only difficult part is they would dig into your story to make sure it made sense and you weren't making it up on the fly   View Answer
    Since it was an internship, there was no negotiation

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

interviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2014.

Worst experience I've ever had dealing with a recruiter. I submit an application online, 2 weeks later, she calls me. We have a phone interview, I can tell she's not paying attention because she asks me the same exact scenario question twice. I literally wanted to be like ... Didn't you just ask me that? But I okay along and give the same exact answer I gave her. She. Says she'll discuss it with her colleagues and call me back. This was a Monday, she said I'll definitely hear back from her by Friday. I heard nothing. I check my application online, status still shows 'under review'. The next week, I called her in a Thursday, almost 2 weeks after I spoke with her. Left a vm, asking the status of my application. She call me back, leaves a vm saying she wants to follow up on the conversation we just had. I call her back leave a vm, she calls back, leaves a vm, now we're playing phone tag. I call her and tell her when to call me, I said all day Monday. I'm waiting on her call all day, once u finally got a hold of her, she said 'we've decided to go with a stronger candidate'. She couldn't send a Dear John letter? What was the point of getting someone's hopes so high for this? I thought she was unprofessional and she knew a month prior she wasn't interested and decided to tag me along. Funny thing, the person that asked me to apply had never even been an underwriter in his life!! He was a mortgage processor. So for her to say we decided to go with a stronger candidate and I have 5 yrs of underwriting experience is B.S to me. It took them 6 weeks to deny me. How ridiculous!!! I will never apply for Quicken Loans ever again!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Give me something tragic that happened to you at a job besides a layoff or death. and how you reacted to it.   View Answer

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2014.

Placed an online application for a bunch of positions on the Quicken Loans website. Got a phone call and had a small phone interview where they asked how much I knew about the company, what position I was looking for, etc. Then a formal in-person interview was scheduled. Was surprised that they got to me fairly quickly after I applied.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions that pretty much any site will tell you to prepare for. Be prepared to elaborate on your answers.   Answer Question