Quicken Loans Mortgage Banker Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.9

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

The process was very quick. Once I applied I got a call within a day for an interview. You first do an interview with the recruiter which was about an hour long and after that you do an interview with a director which was only about 15 minutes for me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Quicken Loans

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online about 2 Days later I got a email but didn't end up seeing it until a week. The email expressed That a recruiter had a job opportunity waiting for me and I should call or email her to discuss it. So I called her and she asked me a few questions like why quicken loans and what did I know about quicken loans already. Then she explained what my jobs duties would be and what my salary and hourly pay would be she also expressed I would be working 55-60 hours a week. After She explained that she said I had consent to Credit Check and upload a resume after that she hung up and sent me link to the credit check and to upload my resume so I did that and I wasn't for sure if i uploaded my resume right so i called her and she said i did and she she asked me did i have any other questions i asked a few and she quickly set up a in person interview for the next week. she also sent me a follow up email setting location and time of the interview also a link to more detailed application. So I went on Glassdoor and read a lot of interview reviews which state that the interview should last a hour and should consist of a mock sales call so i went in feeling very confident. So i arrived about 15min early and everyone was just overly nice and seemed like they had been on a happy pill everything was colorful like a rainbow had sneezed. so i waited about 20 minutes for her to come down to get me she was very tall she introduced herself and when i went to shake her hand it felt like it was very limp and not firm so i dimissed that so we had the interview it lasted 20min or less no mock sales call she said she would get back with me in 2 days after she gets some feedback which she did we played phone tag and then when we spoke she said they weren't interested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Quicken? Tell me about a difficult situation beside a sickness or death of a loved one? Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with executive recruiter. Then face to face interview with the same recruiter followed by mock sales call. 5 minutes to prepare while the recruiter steps into another office to play the role of the potential client. Next shadowed a trainee and mortgage banker by listening in on calls. Finally, an interview with a director. 3.5 hrs total

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter a day after applying. Basic phone screen. Then if everything looks good they give you a face to face interview which is mostly straightforward but some of the questions are challenging. Be sure to explain how you would be a good match with their culture and also have a good reason as to what motivates you to succeed. Also, be prepared to sell yourself and explain why you are different from other candidates and why they should hire you. Quicken loans is not an easy company to get into, they only select the best of the best.

Interview Questions

• -What was the worst experience in your life besides illness or death of a loved one? -What are your motivating factors to succeed? -What sets you apart from other candidates? -Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty laid back, typical interview, aside from the mock sales call. If you know anything about sales, it should be cake. I lucked out because my job was to convince the person to buy a suite at the Cavaliers playoff game. The second interview was with a potential leader (he would be the leader that chooses me to be on his team). I unfortunately didn't get the job following the interview. I will say that this interview could vary greatly based on the leader interviewing you.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Was referred by an employee, received a phone call the day after I sent my resume. Basic questions - what interests you in the job? what do you know about the company? what qustions do you have for me? Agreed to a credit check. Was called back by recruiter and set up in-person interview. Waiting on that now.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

My interviewer was brutal. He was very aggressive and almost provocative with his questions. Really dug deep into my history to see if my story added up or not. Not that i had anything to hide but i felt it was unnecessary. 2 guys were in the room during the interview. 1 asked the questions. I felt he was unprofessional and rude. At the end he handed me a sheet of paper with info on it. Gave me a few minutes to look over it and then they left the room and had me call them and sell them this made up financial product. The other dude answers and role plays a busy ignorant customer that seems disinterested. Worst interview ever.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in detroit for $10 an hr?   1 Answer

Thats how bad the interview was. I left feeling abused.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening. I looked at glassdoor after scheduling the interview, so I didn't really *want* to work at Quick Loans. I was just curious about how the recruiter would address my concerns. Here's what I remember. Note: Obviously, mentioning glassdoor and asking some of these questions is not recommended if you're trying to get the job. a). I've read that people work long hours and even 7 days a week. A: We require our employees to come every other Saturday. The position requires people to work 55 hours a week. b). I would need to take breaks to eat. A: We can make accommodations for any disabilities. c). Is there cold calling? A: We have warm leads. I am an above-average applicant for the position because I have sales/customer service experience, and I was able to answer questions about my experiences. However, the interview didn't go well because I knew little about the company (this made him cranky), and my own questions indicated that I knew about their tactics. But I cannot say for sure if mentioning the eating issue did or didn't hurt my chances. Just to be on the safe side, I wouldn't bring it up if you're diabetic, hypoglycemic, etc. On the plus side, they will call you to tell you if you are/aren't moving on in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Quicken Loans? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied, was called within 24 hours and went to second interview within the week. The whole process was pretty painless and simple. Very basic interview. Also you have to do a fake sales call.

Interview Questions

• Whats the hardest thing you've done.   1 Answer

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Phone interview (simple, basically getting to know you/hear your voice over the phone) In person interview -with your recruiter, includes a mock sales phone call -listen in on phone calls to get you familiar -another interview within someone higher up I then got a call back for additional interview Still in interview process *Very nice and down to earth people

Still in interview process