Quicken Loans Mortgage Banker Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2014

2.8

85 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied online. Worked with a recruiter before getting passed to a recruiter for the Banker position. Had a phone interview and was then called into the building for an in person interview. They seamed to already know if I was a good fit or not. The interview was more of making sure I was on the same page as them.

Interview Questions
  • Had to do a "sales call" to my recruiter in another room and sell a product based on viewing a single page worth of information. If you have any sort of sales training or background that follows general principles of a sale, you will do just fine. They are trying to see how you do outside of your comfort zone and if you can be forceful with a person on the phone.   View Answer

The hours you work in this position are 65+ a week. 11 hours days or more. If you have a family give them one last kiss before your first day. It is a VERY rewarding position but it will encompass your life. I would however say its a great place to start in the company.

Other Interview Reviews for Quicken Loans

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

mock call, bizarre unexpected questions, and a judgemental second interview. I don't really see how anyone could prepare for this interview. I'm glad I did'y get the job because my quality of life would have decreased significantly. They tell the candidate up front that they will start working from 7 to 9 pm to build a book of business.

Interview Questions
    • if you have marketing and pr experience why sales   View Answer

Mortgage Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Quicken Loans in December 2013.

Basically if u have a personality that's friendly, you are confident and you say "you like competition"...if your background check is good you will be hired. The turn over is so high they hire everyone.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. You start at $9/hr and the salary moves to $10/hr once you hit the sales floor after 4-6 months

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in July 2014.

15 minute phone interview. Credit check. In person interview with recruiter. In person interview with RVP. It helps if you know current employees that are successful at there job. RVP is really intelligent and askes thought provoking questions that make you think.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in June 2014.

Applied online and had two phone interviews. Second interview with Recruiter, and third interview with Area Vice President. After the third interview I shadowed with a Mortgage Banker on the banking floor. The interview questions were basic...they just want to make sure you are willing to work a lot of hours and are focused on making money.

Interview Questions
    • Had to do a mock sales call for a company called Quizzle.   Answer Question

Decided the work schedule didn't fit my career needs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Quicken Loans in December 2011.

Interview seemed to be going well, then you're expected to cold call someone and sell them a Direct TV package, which I wasn't at all prepared for and found it to be quite strange. I wasn't able to get the "actor" on the other line to buy it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in June 2014.

One phone call, a release of credit. Brings you to a face to face. The recruiter brought me in to a very nice qube office...I did my research on Quicken and the interviewer. Amazingly smart company, I could learn a ton from them.

Interview Questions
    • the Quizzle phone sell. Five minutes to sound confident is a joke. What could I do had to roll with the punches... Flopped like a fish out of water.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2012.

Just be your self. They are looking for people that are over the top sales experts. Quicken Just wants someone that they can teach. There is truly on need to have any sales experience. If you are confident and can show the recruiter that you can be instructed you will make the cut.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to influence some one to do something that they did not want to do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in May 2014.

I applied online on 05/12/2014 and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. Phone interview took about 15 minutes, mainly to discuss my roles with my prior employers also to discuss the demanding hours and dedication the Mortgage Banker position required. I then was contacted 45 minutes later by a Spanish speaking Recruiter to assure that I was indeed a fluent Spanish speaker. It basically consistent of the same process as the 1st phone interview. I was asked to complete a consent form for a background check, after that cleared I was called back to be invited for in-person interview (05/19) with the recruiter. (if that goes well you will be invited to meet a director that same day or very soon) I then met with the director of my potential team. That meeting was more personal, questions about my commute, kids, competitive spirit, and drive. Really to make sure you fit their culture. I then shadowed a MB for a couple hours and I was called within 24 hours with a verbal offer. (process: 1.Verbal offer 2. Reference check 3. Background check 4. Written Offer)

Interview Questions
    • QL really tries to make the interview as smooth as possible, no questions were to difficult. The only challenge was the phone call to the recruiter to try to sale Quizzle. But if you have a sales background this process should come easy, if not practice selling something (anything, pen, paper etc.) selling water to bridge type of mentality   View Answer
    • Be ready to meet   Answer Question
    no room for negotiation...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

I initially applied on-line and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. We did my phone interview at that time and it was about 20 minutes long. He asked what type of information I already heard about the company and why I was interested in the job. He was really easy to talk to. From there, he sent me an email requesting consent for a basic credit check. He called back the next day once that was completed to offer me an in-person interview for the next week. That interview last about an hour and a half. They really go over the whole job and training process, making sure you understand the requirements, especially in regards to the time commitment. You are asked to complete a mock sales call to another recruiter. I don't believe they will ever accept the offer you are to make but the test is really to see how easily you give up and how persuasive you can be without being pushy. I was told right away that I would be set-up with an interview with the RVP (Regional Vice-President) for the following week. That interview was a little more intensive. He wanted to make sure that I understood what the job entails and make sure that you have the correct personality type for the position. I was nervous that I wasn't going to get the job because he didn't offer to have me shadow any of the current bankers. Apparently, the RVP that I interviewed with just doesn't always have people do that and it didn't mean anything because I received a phone call 2 days later with a verbal offer. The official written offer comes after a full background check has been completed and all of your references have been contacted.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews really weren't that difficult. Most of the questions were pretty standard. The mock sales call was the only aspect that was considerably different than other interviews I've had in the past.   Answer Question

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!