Quicken Loans Mortgage Banker Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.8

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

I applied online and after three weeks I received a call. After an over the phone interview the recruiter said he would get back to me after a few days. Then I got called for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
  • They set up a mock sale over the phone while at the in person interview. After 2-3 minutes I was told to call a number and sell an internet protection plan. I had the caller going and then he said he would have to talk to his wife to get an answer and then I didn't continue on.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Quicken Loans

Mortgage Banker Interview

Pretty Quick and Simple. I received a phone interview and got a call back for a second interview. They you give you a scenario for where you have to sell something to a made up client. Overall pretty simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied online. Worked with a recruiter before getting passed to a recruiter for the Banker position. Had a phone interview and was then called into the building for an in person interview. They seamed to already know if I was a good fit or not. The interview was more of making sure I was on the same page as them.

Interview Questions
    • Had to do a "sales call" to my recruiter in another room and sell a product based on viewing a single page worth of information. If you have any sort of sales training or background that follows general principles of a sale, you will do just fine. They are trying to see how you do outside of your comfort zone and if you can be forceful with a person on the phone.   View Answer

The hours you work in this position are 65+ a week. 11 hours days or more. If you have a family give them one last kiss before your first day. It is a VERY rewarding position but it will encompass your life. I would however say its a great place to start in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans.

mock call, bizarre unexpected questions, and a judgemental second interview. I don't really see how anyone could prepare for this interview. I'm glad I did'y get the job because my quality of life would have decreased significantly. They tell the candidate up front that they will start working from 7 to 9 pm to build a book of business.

Interview Questions
    • if you have marketing and pr experience why sales   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in July 2014.

15 minute phone interview. Credit check. In person interview with recruiter. In person interview with RVP. It helps if you know current employees that are successful at there job. RVP is really intelligent and askes thought provoking questions that make you think.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in June 2014.

Applied online and had two phone interviews. Second interview with Recruiter, and third interview with Area Vice President. After the third interview I shadowed with a Mortgage Banker on the banking floor. The interview questions were basic...they just want to make sure you are willing to work a lot of hours and are focused on making money.

Interview Questions
    • Had to do a mock sales call for a company called Quizzle.   Answer Question

Decided the work schedule didn't fit my career needs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in June 2014.

One phone call, a release of credit. Brings you to a face to face. The recruiter brought me in to a very nice qube office...I did my research on Quicken and the interviewer. Amazingly smart company, I could learn a ton from them.

Interview Questions
    • the Quizzle phone sell. Five minutes to sound confident is a joke. What could I do had to roll with the punches... Flopped like a fish out of water.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans in May 2014.

I applied online on 05/12/2014 and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. Phone interview took about 15 minutes, mainly to discuss my roles with my prior employers also to discuss the demanding hours and dedication the Mortgage Banker position required. I then was contacted 45 minutes later by a Spanish speaking Recruiter to assure that I was indeed a fluent Spanish speaker. It basically consistent of the same process as the 1st phone interview. I was asked to complete a consent form for a background check, after that cleared I was called back to be invited for in-person interview (05/19) with the recruiter. (if that goes well you will be invited to meet a director that same day or very soon) I then met with the director of my potential team. That meeting was more personal, questions about my commute, kids, competitive spirit, and drive. Really to make sure you fit their culture. I then shadowed a MB for a couple hours and I was called within 24 hours with a verbal offer. (process: 1.Verbal offer 2. Reference check 3. Background check 4. Written Offer)

Interview Questions
    • QL really tries to make the interview as smooth as possible, no questions were to difficult. The only challenge was the phone call to the recruiter to try to sale Quizzle. But if you have a sales background this process should come easy, if not practice selling something (anything, pen, paper etc.) selling water to bridge type of mentality   View Answer
    • Be ready to meet   Answer Question
    no room for negotiation...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

I initially applied on-line and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. We did my phone interview at that time and it was about 20 minutes long. He asked what type of information I already heard about the company and why I was interested in the job. He was really easy to talk to. From there, he sent me an email requesting consent for a basic credit check. He called back the next day once that was completed to offer me an in-person interview for the next week. That interview last about an hour and a half. They really go over the whole job and training process, making sure you understand the requirements, especially in regards to the time commitment. You are asked to complete a mock sales call to another recruiter. I don't believe they will ever accept the offer you are to make but the test is really to see how easily you give up and how persuasive you can be without being pushy. I was told right away that I would be set-up with an interview with the RVP (Regional Vice-President) for the following week. That interview was a little more intensive. He wanted to make sure that I understood what the job entails and make sure that you have the correct personality type for the position. I was nervous that I wasn't going to get the job because he didn't offer to have me shadow any of the current bankers. Apparently, the RVP that I interviewed with just doesn't always have people do that and it didn't mean anything because I received a phone call 2 days later with a verbal offer. The official written offer comes after a full background check has been completed and all of your references have been contacted.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews really weren't that difficult. Most of the questions were pretty standard. The mock sales call was the only aspect that was considerably different than other interviews I've had in the past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

The interview process was fairly simple.

The first interview is a 30minute phone interview about your background, resume, and interest in Quicken, just to make sure you would fit into their culture.

The second interview is really just an extended version of the first one. However, they go much further into the specifics about the job, and make sure that you are willing to commit the large amount of time you will be expected to commit to Quicken. This interview lasts about an hour.

The third interview was an in-person interview with one of the hiring managers. He was very cool, very laid back, but also very passionate about Quicken Loans and the competitive culture that exists. After what felt like a regular conversation for about 30 minutes, he took me out onto the banking floor to get a first hand perspective about what working there might be like. The purchase bankers are very friendly, and the culture in there is truly amazing! It is, however, just a call-center on steroids.

The interview process is truly stress free, just have an idea of why you are interested in working at Quicken, and avoid talking about them being ranked as a top place to work too much (THAT'S TOO OBVIOUS).

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions:

Why Quicken?
      Are you willing to work weekends?
      What would you do if you haven't closed a loan in weeks?
      How do you work in teams, and what is your value in that team?
        Answer Question

The job did not match career aspirations of mine.