Quicken Loans

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.8

Mortgage Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

I was asked basic question about my education and work experience. Interviewer was very friendly and calm, he explained with detail every single aspect of the training process as well as compensation bonuses and opportunities to advance within the company.

Interview Questions
  • What is the most difficult situation you have experienced?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Quicken Loans

Mortgage Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2015.

Out of blue, I got a phone call from the recruiter without scheduling an appointment. I wasn't expecting it was an interview and I was not prepared for answering. I wish they have asked for scheduling an appointment via email or something.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Very quick and easy. They were very friendly and open about the job and company in the interviews. The environment was very friendly and busy. The office is Colorful and warm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Referred by a friend. Recruiter called me the next day to set up a basic phone interview. Phone interview ended with having to consent to get a credit check. Received a called the same day after the credit check to schedule first in person interview.

First interview was with the recruiter. Basic interview questions... Strengths, weaknesses, working in teams, etc.

Called back next day to schedule second interview with area VP. Second interview consisted of shadowing people in various stages of the mortgage banker position and an interview with the VP of the area. Questions were geared towards the type of person I was. Again strengths, weaknesses, how I could benefit from the company, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What would change about my life if I tripled what I made?   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

I applied online and after three weeks I received a call. After an over the phone interview the recruiter said he would get back to me after a few days. Then I got called for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • They set up a mock sale over the phone while at the in person interview. After 2-3 minutes I was told to call a number and sell an internet protection plan. I had the caller going and then he said he would have to talk to his wife to get an answer and then I didn't continue on.   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans in November 2014.

Initially called by a recruiter and completed a short phone interview, then had a face to face interview with the same recruiter. He asked me why I was interested in sales and I told him I was outgoing and quick on my feet, he said to tell him a joke, I couldn't and he told me I was a liar because I wasn't quick on my feet.

Interview Questions
    • What is the worst thing to ever happen to you in your life? Other than a death or illness in the family.   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

Pretty Quick and Simple. I received a phone interview and got a call back for a second interview. They you give you a scenario for where you have to sell something to a made up client. Overall pretty simple

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quicken Loans in September 2014.

Placed an online application for a bunch of positions on the Quicken Loans website. Got a phone call and had a small phone interview where they asked how much I knew about the company, what position I was looking for, etc. Then a formal in-person interview was scheduled. Was surprised that they got to me fairly quickly after I applied.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions that pretty much any site will tell you to prepare for. Be prepared to elaborate on your answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quicken Loans.

Applied online. Worked with a recruiter before getting passed to a recruiter for the Banker position. Had a phone interview and was then called into the building for an in person interview. They seamed to already know if I was a good fit or not. The interview was more of making sure I was on the same page as them.

Interview Questions
    • Had to do a "sales call" to my recruiter in another room and sell a product based on viewing a single page worth of information. If you have any sort of sales training or background that follows general principles of a sale, you will do just fine. They are trying to see how you do outside of your comfort zone and if you can be forceful with a person on the phone.   View Answer

The hours you work in this position are 65+ a week. 11 hours days or more. If you have a family give them one last kiss before your first day. It is a VERY rewarding position but it will encompass your life. I would however say its a great place to start in the company.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Quicken Loans.

mock call, bizarre unexpected questions, and a judgemental second interview. I don't really see how anyone could prepare for this interview. I'm glad I did'y get the job because my quality of life would have decreased significantly. They tell the candidate up front that they will start working from 7 to 9 pm to build a book of business.