Quicken Loans

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Quicken Loans in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied directly at the beginning of April, had 1-2 phone interviews, but then I went on vacation and that has prevented me from catching the position in time, so it went away.

Applied again directly with Quicken, in mid-May for two similar positions. Then, about 2 weeks later, beginning of June, a 3rd party recruiter contacted me about the position, and in a few days set me up for a phone interview. I thought it went well.

About 2 weeks passed and was invited for an in-person interview with a team of 4-5 people, a team leader and engineers. I thought it went fine.

About 2 more weeks passed and I was invited for an interview with two team leads and about 6-7 people total. Part of the team from the first interview were there. The interview went fine, I though, there were some things I could answer better or put more effort into trying to explain, but in the interest of time, and overall, I kept the interview going. Went over my resume, talked about programming languages, answered various questions I presumed were related to finding out if there is a good fit for the team and the project with me, etc.

About a 5 days later, I saw QL re-post the positions I applied for, as fresh, on GlassDoor. I brought that up to attention of my recruiter, who said to ignore it as QL hires candidates all the time.

The next day, I received a message from my recruiter, telling me to call back. There was no "I have good news" line in the left message, so I figured it was a no-hire decision. Upon calling back, I found out that QL decided to pass on my candidacy, and that the recruiter will try to find out why and possibly get me in touch with more teams. In subsequent call to recruiter, about 4 days later, there were no definite news, but recruiter said my candidacy was declined and it was possibly due to fit, but I have a feeling that QL did not tell recruiter the reason, no recruiter knew the reason. Just a "no hire" decision with no further info.

Overall I think I made it pretty far with Quicken Loans.

Interview Questions

• What is your most favorite ISM. ISMs are guidelines by which the company staff lives by. It is part of company culture. I was asked only after I brought up the familiarity with ISMs.   View Answer
  • If you see code written by somebody else on your team, where the code has very different coding style than your own, what would you do if you had to work on it?   View Answer
  • What is a feature of PHP that is currently missing in PHP but you would like to see it there.   Answer Question
  • Name some common design patterns. For example, there a Singleton pattern, name some more and explain how they work.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in January 2012.

Interview Details – Screening - Phone interview - Face to Face interview - Decision

Interview Question – Not really. I answered them all. But one thing worth mentioning, the interviewer was sitting right behind me watching me code which made me nervous.   View Answer

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, Overview phone interview with technical leads, technical interview, fingerprint and background check

Interview Question – Some very technical questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview Details – Quicken Loans invites many people to participate in an interview. Interviews seem to lack direction as everyone has their own agenda. You must be ready to supply resumes and work examples to quite a few people. Recruiters follow up quickly with confirmations but don't always seem ready for your arrival. Interview feedback is sometimes limited.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in two words.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quicken Loans

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quicken Loans Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Quicken Loans employees and interview candidates.