Quidsi

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Quidsi.

I applied online. Went through phone interview, computer test, writing test, and then got called in for the group interview. Whole process took about 3 months. Which is incredibly long time IMO. The group interview and job are great if you have an aggressive/sales type of nature or a telemarketing background or if you like a college type atmosphere. This job was definitely not a good fit for me, and I would have turned it down flat had I been offered the job. This is definitely not the right work place for anyone mature and truly focused on providing quality one on one customer service. The work schedule is also very undesirable.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions asked for the private interview. Out of the box questions asked in the group interview. There is no way to prepare for them.   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quidsi.

I applied online and I got an email from HR a week later. HR wasn't the quickest about responding to emails, but I eventually scheduled an interview with the head engineer. She mostly asked questions about data structures and algorithm efficiency. The questions weren't unreasonably difficult; you just have to make sure you know how your chosen language works internally.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quidsi in August 2014.

I got an email from a recruiter asking me to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was told the position I had interviewed for had filled and they would consider me for a similar position at a different location. They flew me onsite and there were 5 interview rounds with different senior software engineers and the hiring manager. The HR told me I should here back in 24 to 48 hours about the interview feedback. It has been 2 weeks and I haven't heard back from the HR. I have emailed the HR and called them but there is no response. Extremely unprofessional and poor HR response.

Interview Questions
    • Algorithms, OOP concepts, Data Structures. Cant disclose interview questions due to NDA   Answer Question

Quidsi Response

Sep 30, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am disappointed to hear that your interview experience was frustrating. I would be happy to speak with you to provide resolution. We have a clearly ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quidsi in August 2014.

Submitted application with resume online. A week later I was emailed to schedule a 15-20 minute phone interview to discuss my background and the role further. Then took an online customer service assessment test (listening to a certain amount of phone calls and inputting the information spoken correctly & quickly within the time limit) along with an example customer care email from a customer with a problem they are experiencing. You are expected to solve and be compassionate. After desirable results, they emailed me to schedule an in-person interview about 2-3 weeks later. I arrived at the group interview where we were told to be social and interact with each other. We sat in a big room for about an hour & a half while groups of 6-7 people went for 1-on-1 interviews (there were about 6-7 interviewers) a total of 20+ interviewees. During interview was asked questions about my personal experiences with customer service (from both ends) then she provided an example of a problem a customer would have and how you would solve it (this is where I personally went wrong and as a result was not selected). They are looking for creative problem-solvers people who can think outside of the box on the tip of their toes. What an earlier reviewer said "They are looking for somebody who is Quidsi enough even though they say be yourselves" is entirely true. You can definitely feel the forced start-up culture there and to be honest I felt very uncomfortable for the majority of my time there. Before reading all of these reviews (from current, former, and potential employees) I believed that the job was worth the salary and benefits that they were offering. Once I was there in person, coupled with discovering this website post-interview, I realized that this definitely was not the job for me. The fact that there is no room for improvement within the corporation (they tell you there is when hiring you, but all employees beg to differ) is enough for me to no longer want the job because I do not plan on being a customer service representative for the rest of my life. This possibly would have been a good job for me while I am still in college until I read all of the reviews I will now continue looking.

Interview Questions
    • If a woman calls in saying she did not receive her last package, and you see she hasn't received her last 3 packages what would you do?   View Answer

Merchandising Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Quidsi.

The process was very thorough, with an initial phone screening from HR first. Then I met several people on the team along with a math assessment test and submitted a paper about my proudest accomplishment. Following that I came back in for a second round to meet more people on the team. HR touched base with me a few more times afterwards. From start to finish the process took about 3 months.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Quidsi in June 2014.

Applied via indeed and got an email to do a phone interview and take a test online. 3 Weeks later received an email "congratulating me" on being invited to a group interview in Jersey City. Group interview will be in another 2 weeks. At group interview they make you wait in the lobby at 830am with all the other people they brought in. The wait drags on and on. As the waiting room swells up to 15-20 people, its quiet as me and the other candidates are nervous, tired and scared. The receptionist begins to drops hints to us that "they are watching you, I would be super friendly and social to each other." I am sorry that I am quiet and focused, Was I suppose break dancing in the hallways? This company sells diapers, they are not the CIA. Watching us. So now we are all forced to make forced fake friendly chatter with each other for a few minutes until we are brought up to a room on a different floor where we sign in and get name tags, Then we move to a giant conference room. In the meantime more people arrived so the conference room was filled with about 32 people. Unreal. They introduce about 9 different managers. We are then called into interviews one on one, you get to interview with only one of the 9 managers, the rest of the day is bizarre "group exercises" while they observe and take tons of notes.

Then we are asked to partner with the person next to us and write down things about their life. You get only 5 minutes to learn about the person. Next, we now have to read, in front of everybody really fast, all the important things about the person next to us, in 30 seconds. I should of walked out then, That took an hour. Next, we partner in groups of 7 and go into different rooms where we are forced to imagine a scenario where 9 people are stranded on a boat, some are old, some are drs, some are kids.Can only save 6. Who do you save and why. The managers watch you argue and take more notes. Next we are brought back to the conference room and partnered with a new person. One person stands behind the other who is siting. You are given a picture only you can see. You must describe the picture to your partner while they draw based on your description. I was given a bunch of upside down triangles.

That took an hour, we all then sat back down and they talked some more and took questions. Then the HR girl promised we would hear back from them in one week or less, the end It was 2:30 pm. Almost 6 hours of bizarre group exercises.

3 weeks later I get an email from Quidsi saying thanks but no. Not my loss. Process took 3 1/2 months.

Interview Questions
    • does NOT feel like a job interview they are conducting some bizarre social experiment for Amazon. I am sure these are all recorded and studied   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Quidsi.

You won't see much information, if the candidate (like me) wants to stay on Quidsi's "maybe next time" list. After initial screening, and upon confirmation of in-person interview, there was an email with directions to the office and Non-Disclosure Agreement. This means if Quidsi finds out I discussed anything proprietary, or potentially important, all their lawyers - and possibly Amazon's lawyers, if they aren't the same group - will be trying to find out **WHO SAID THAT**.

Interview Questions
    • The in person interview is a group thing. I believe personal chemistry as a group might have something to do with hiring process.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

There are four rounds of the interview. Each round lasts 45 mins. The first round only has behavioral questions. The remaining 3 rounds are tech interviews and each round has two questions and lasts 45 mins. There is one OO design question in round2.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quidsi in March 2014.

Brief phone interview, called into group interview, they watch how you interact with the whole group. Individual one on one interviews with managers, they will cut half of the group and the other half will go to next step. Introduce yourself by thinking of an adjective that describes you using your first initial. They want to see how you work with others and separate the remaining group into teams and give you activities to do (if you were stranded on an island, who will survive, why?) Then, they ask you individual random questions about personality or work ethic on the spot in front of your small group.

Interview Questions
    • What 3 adjectives describe your work ethic?   View Answer
    No negotiation of salary, $35,000.00 take it or leave it.

ECommerce Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Quidsi.

Phone interview. A written essay (was told about in passing 1 day before my interview). 6 hours of in person interviews with 8 different people. I was halfway through the in person interview when I started to doubt their process (and why I was there). It shouldn't take this many people to decide a person for a position. I seem to agree with some of the other people here that this company cares more about placing people with MBA's from Ivy League schools rather than people with actual experience in the field. There are people as the head of Merchandising for certain brands that have NO merchandising background. I am not interested in teaching someone I report to how to be a merchant. My biggest suggestion would be interview who you will be working for before moving forward with the interview process. And don't expect a follow up or courtesy email if they aren't interested.

Interview Questions
    • An essay about what you are most proud of. Meanwhile, I believe only HR sees this.   Answer Question