Quidsi

36 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandising Associate Interview

Merchandising Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Quidsi.

Interview Details – The process was very thorough, with an initial phone screening from HR first. Then I met several people on the team along with a math assessment test and submitted a paper about my proudest accomplishment. Following that I came back in for a second round to meet more people on the team. HR touched base with me a few more times afterwards. From start to finish the process took about 3 months.

Interview Question – What are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quidsi in February 2013.

Interview Details – Four step process included Phone interview, online aptitude test, writing sample and group interview. Overall the process took just over a week. The group interview was very laid back and fun. There was a brief five minute one on one interview followed by more group activities. I plan on applying again in the future as this seems like a very positive work environment.

Interview Question – Lots of outside the box questions to judge your personality and problem solving approach.   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Quidsi.

Interview Details – You won't see much information, if the candidate (like me) wants to stay on Quidsi's "maybe next time" list. After initial screening, and upon confirmation of in-person interview, there was an email with directions to the office and Non-Disclosure Agreement. This means if Quidsi finds out I discussed anything proprietary, or potentially important, all their lawyers - and possibly Amazon's lawyers, if they aren't the same group - will be trying to find out **WHO SAID THAT**.

Interview Question – The in person interview is a group thing. I believe personal chemistry as a group might have something to do with hiring process.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Quidsi

Interview Details – There are four rounds of the interview. Each round lasts 45 mins. The first round only has behavioral questions. The remaining 3 rounds are tech interviews and each round has two questions and lasts 45 mins. There is one OO design question in round2.

Interview Question – design game   Answer Question

Marketing Position Interview

Marketing Position

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quidsi in December 2013.

Interview Details – Had an initial screening with HR and then she emailed back within 3 days to setup an phone interview with the hiring manager. When she was 20 mins late, I emailed the HR and then the hiring manager called. We had a good conversation, mostly about my current & past roles. After following up with the HR, she emailed that they have moved forward with another candidate.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Quidsi in January 2013.

Interview Details – Involved interview process involving take-home assignments that you present to senior management. On the plus side, you get to meet senior management in the process.

Interview Question – Questions about how you would think about pricing and why would you do it that way.   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quidsi in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was very short, interviewer was very friendly. She explained the job well and what the hiring process would be like, as well as walked me around the office. Had to take a short skills test on a computer to show customer service skills, then I was asked back for a second interview.

Interview Question – General customer service questions: what do you consider great customer service, give an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer in need   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The hours required by new hires are very difficult, as the office is open 24 hours a day

ECommerce Merchandising Interview

ECommerce Merchandising
Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Quidsi.

Interview Details – Phone interview. A written essay (was told about in passing 1 day before my interview). 6 hours of in person interviews with 8 different people. I was halfway through the in person interview when I started to doubt their process (and why I was there). It shouldn't take this many people to decide a person for a position. I seem to agree with some of the other people here that this company cares more about placing people with MBA's from Ivy League schools rather than people with actual experience in the field. There are people as the head of Merchandising for certain brands that have NO merchandising background. I am not interested in teaching someone I report to how to be a merchant. My biggest suggestion would be interview who you will be working for before moving forward with the interview process. And don't expect a follow up or courtesy email if they aren't interested.

Interview Question – An essay about what you are most proud of. Meanwhile, I believe only HR sees this.   Answer Question

Warehouse Manager Interview

Warehouse Manager
Reno, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quidsi in February 2013.

Interview Details – Pre-screen via phone. On-Site interview at DC. Before I was interviewed I was given a eight page math test. The math problems were word problems and the test was timed. After the test, two operation level managers then entered the room and asked basic STAR type questions. Near the end, one of them had to leave which bugged me given I traveled so far to meet them. Clearly, the test was not relative to real duties of the position rather for engineering positions. They did not ask any people skill type questions - just about managing projects and if I was willing to work odd hours.

Interview Question – What would your supervisor has about you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Quidsi

Interview Details – The interview process was a pretty long one. There was 1 live interview, a phone interview, a test of computer skills and how to answer specific emails, after that a group interview. The group interview was pretty intense. They were really looking for a specific type of person under the pretense that they want you to "be you"... Truthfully what they are looking for is someone who will be Quidsi enough. its pretty tough to get hired but its rewarding if you do.

Interview Question – why did you choose Quidsi? what would you contribute to the company? what do you think your peers would say about you if asked.   Answer Question

Worked for Quidsi? Contribute to the Community!