QuikTrip Interview Questions

2.5

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at QuikTrip in October 2013.

You will take a math test. Easy if you are applying for assistant; even easier if applying for clerk. Then you will have a 1-on-1 interview. During this interview, they are mainly trying to learn who and what type of person you are. Past work experiences are irrelevant b/c QT believes that they can mold you into the worker they desire as long as you're passionate about your job.

Interview Questions
    • There's honestly no questions 'out of the norm' of any other job interview.   Answer Question
    The only negotiation that you have is which schedule you prefer (among 2 preset schedules).

Part Time Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at QuikTrip.

Easy Test on Computer. Simple Math equations and ethics test. Interview was easy. If you smile, you're hired. By far the easiest job I've ever applied for. Position offered during first interview. Same with all of my co workers.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. Just smile. The first week or two is your sink or swim portion. The interview is a formality.   Answer Question
    Location of store assignment and hours available to work.

Clerk Interview

Pretty straight-forward. You apply online or through a paper app, then they call you in for an interview. Although there is a small math test on making change that you have to pass in order to get the actual verbal interview.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at QuikTrip.

The first and foremost part of the interview, besides the opening video, is to be prepared for the math portion. Never having been apart of retail... Well, I've read about this part, but I did not research it. You need to know certain basic arithmetic formulas. Anybody with previous experience applying for retail would have been prepared. I wasn't, out of overconfidence. Whoops. But I'm trying again when the thirty days are up--gives me plenty of time to brush up. You must get 100% on this test. And take note, no matter how correctly you do the math, the structure of the answer is equally as important, and they want something specific, which is entirely understandable.

I'll add more if I make the verbal part next time around. Good luck, candidates! Don't be silly like me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at QuikTrip.

Well I don't feel it right to give as many details about the interview process as this asked me to do. You do go and have a simple math test done (it's a major need for when you work at QT), you watch a video about the company, you leave. That's when they give you a call back if they want to interview you. You then go to the corporate office for an interview. You have 2 weeks of training which doesn't ensure you're hired until after you pass training. It's fair, it's hard work but it's very much worth the work.

Part-time Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at QuikTrip in March 2014.

I applied online (it's the only way QT does it now) on a Sunday and was called the next day. To be clear, that NEVER happens. Everyone else I spoke with said it took about two weeks before they were contacted. You will be reached at the phone number you provide and an interview date will be set up. You will take a test to see how well you can count change back before your interview and then you will be taken to a room where you will be asked about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, and logistics about which store you will work at.

Interview Questions
    • No matter what, in every single interview, you will be asked verbatim, "Why should I hire you?" I felt like this was a make or break question. Give a good reason why they should pick you instead of someone else! Otherwise that other person in the next interview room will and they'll give them the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QuikTrip in January 2010.

They are pretty picky on who they choose to interview, they don't require a lot of experience but they only look at attitude, will you be able to be cheerful. You must be neat in appearance, have a clean background, and be able to do the job duties.

no, they start at 8.00 and move up

Night Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bedford, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QuikTrip in December 2013.

You apply online or in the office and they call you back after 5 days give or take. Then when they do call you back they ask for you to come in and take a math test. The test itself is moderate in difficulty. Since the registers dont count back change, they require you to take it. If you pass then they call you back for an interview. The interview itself is fairly simple. Just be yourself and answer questions logically.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire someone else instead of you?
      Why should we choose you over someone else?
        Answer Question
    Be careful when they make you an offer and they promise you that you will work only 10 minutes away from your house. They wont hesitate sticking you
    45 mins+ away.

NA Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QuikTrip.

I was called up a few days after i submitted my application. Interview they asked me basic questions about my ideas of good customer service and wanted me to give an example of how I was able to problem solve in order to satisfy a customer.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be ok with working entirely overnight?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Euless, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX

I applied online - interviewed at QuikTrip in May 2014.

The 1st thing I did was that I applied online, after one week I got a call. They told me that I had to go up to their main office in Euless, Texas to take a math test and hopefully get the interview afterwards. I got there, took the math test and the lady in the front office told me that she would check how I did than after 5 minutes she told me I had do a great job and that I had got the interview. So she told me to wait a few moments. I went in to room for my interview. He asked me when I was able to work and because I was almost out for summer from school he asked me how many hours I could work then he asked me the type of clubs or activities I did in school and I told him the things I did. At the end of the interview the guy gave me a coupon and asked for my I.D for a background check. He told me that if I met the requirements for the job I would be called and if I didn't they would send me a letter. The next day I got a call again and they told me I had got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What Makes You The Best Candidate For This Position?   View Answer

Worked for QuikTrip? Contribute to the Community!