QuikTrip

Getting the Interview

49 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Euless, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QuikTrip in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was in depth and thorough. Each question made the job even more enticing. There is a basic math which you should know and be able to count back change with out a calculator. The interviewer has had past experience in the position you are applying for, so be prepared.

Interview Question – I had to catch up on my math before the interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it

PT Clerk Interview

Euless, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QuikTrip in March 2013.

Interview Details – You get a call asking you to go in and take an assessment test where they test your math skills, you must make a perfect score in order to get a call back. Upon the second call they will ask you to go in for an interview with one of the hiring managers. The hiring managers are so friendly and ask you about reasons why you want to work for Quiktrip , previous employment, and what will you bring in to the company. After you interview you wait about a week , if you pass they'll call you and set you up for orientation

Interview Question – What I didn't like about the job I was holding at the time?   View Answer

Euless, TX

I applied online - interviewed at QuikTrip in October 2013.

Interview Details – First- get called to take an easy math assessment
Second- interview
Third- orientation

Interview Question – How would you handle a grumpy customer   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at QuikTrip in March 2009.

Interview Details – The process of getting hired was quite simple. All that you have to do is submit an application to the division office and wait for a call. If you are lucky enough to get a call then you will be asked to come in for an interview. At this interview you will be asked to do a short math quiz, followed by an interview.

Interview Question – There were really not any unexpected questions. It was a very straightforward interview.   Answer Question

Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at QuikTrip in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted within 48 hours, asking if I could come in for an interview in a week. Despite me being 750 miles away (I live in Denver), I agreed to make the trip.

When I walked in the door, I was asked to go into a room with computers and complete a math test as well as a "personality assessment". After finishing those, the hiring manager met with me in a 1:1 interview. He asked me some of the standard questions (why should we hire you; why are you interested in QuikTrip), but the interview seemed to get off-topic and I was entertaining questions about my casino experience, which wasn't relevant to the job. After I asked him a few questions, the interviewer explained that I would be contacted by phone if I was hired and would receive a letter of notification within 14 business days if I was not selected for the position. That was three months ago and I never received a letter, which kind of dimmed my view of the company.

Interview Question – If you knew a co-worker was stealing food items, what would you do?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Part-time Clerk Interview

Part-time Clerk
Marietta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at QuikTrip in July 2013.

Interview Details – Simply apply online or in store
Got called next day scheduling an appointment for the following Tuesday.
Interviewed and got the job.
Was required to go to orientation and then a weeks worth of training.

Euless, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at QuikTrip in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and I got a call about 2 weeks later for me to go to the district office and do a math test within two weeks. I went and I took my test, the test was fairly easy. It consisted of change and if you pass the test they send you to a room to watch a short video about working at Quiktrip. After you are done you wait to see if they call you for an interview. I got called for an interview and I went. I took a copy of my resume and I answered some questions. During the interview they asked about which location is closer to my home. They also asked about my availability. Some of the interview questions were: "How would you deal with unsatisfied customers?", "What were some responsibilities at your previous job?", "I can see that you are very involved in school, and your community. If I were to call your previous manager or school club sponsors what would they tell me about you?", "Do you like working with others?" When the interview was over they gave me a coupon for a free drink and they said that they would call me back within two weeks, or if I wasn't right for the position that they would send me a letter. I am currently waiting to get called back or a letter.

Interview Question – "How would you deal with unsatisfied customers?"   Answer Question

Part-time Clerk Interview

Part-time Clerk
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QuikTrip in April 2012.

Interview Details – I initially started with a written application that I personally hand delivered to the division office in Phx, AZ. I got no call back nothing. So I decided to wait 4-5 months then decided to reapply. I had family working at QT and they wanted me to get hired. I did my second application on line and within the week I got a call to come in for an interview. When I went in I was asked to go into a room and take a math test. (Now not taking a math class for 2 and a half years I was scared) after I turned in the test (which I passes miraculously) I was asked to watch a movie about how Quik Trip was started. After the movie I was interviewed by who I don't remember (whoops) and was asked about previous jobs and what my future goals were.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Quik Trip?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Pay is the same for everyone. Hours depend on what you decide and can work.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at QuikTrip in June 2013.

Interview Details – I put in an application online at www.QuikTrip.com for an Assistant Manager position late Friday night around 11pm or so. I received a phone call the next day scheduling an interview for Monday afternoon. I arrived 15 minutes early for my interview and was given paperwork from the front desk to fill out in the first room.

NOTE: If you are interested in an Assistant Manager position just know that you will be required to work weekends, no exception. Schedules are set for 46 hours per week, 40 regular pay, and 6 overtime (Time and a half). I have had previous manager experience and am used to working long hours without breaks so it isn't a problem to me and I've been working weekends for years so they haven't meant anything to me since I was in school. QT only hires 1 in 10 they interview for management but don't let that stop you from applying. Just be advised about weekends and travel because they are non negotiable and could stop you from getting the job. This isn't really a job for someone with a growing family because of the hours you'll have to work and unless you have full time childcare it's just not a good fit due to inflexibility in scheduling.

There is a math test consisting of 20 questions for which you will have a sheet of scratch paper but are not allowed the use of a calculator. It was pretty basic math (addition, subtraction, division) nothing too outrageous. After I finished filling everything out I turned in the packet to the front desk, watched a brief video about the company in another room, then was seated in the lobby to await my interview. I was only sitting 3 minutes before I was called in for my 1:1 interview. The questions were the usual of any company. Why do you want to work here? Why should I hire you? I was questioned about my previous work experience and job duties. How would you handle this situation ect... The interview lasted 30 minutes or so and my interviewee was very thorough. They will want to know your availability and how far you are willing to travel for work. I agreed to 45 minutes but am sincerely hoping they'll have an opening somewhere close to where I live (NE Atlanta).

I was told they do very thorough background checks and you will need to disclose any discrepancies including traffic tickets ect. My background is squeaky clean so I was not worried in the least. After the interview I was given 24 hours to report to a facility for a drug test which was a urine test. I picked the one closest to where I lived and took the test the next day. You fill up the cup in a closed off room but they check the temperature right away and then it is sent to a lab for testing so I wouldn't try anything stupid, just saying. If you fail to report to a facility within 24 hours or test positive for any drug without a prescription you will not be considered for employment anytime in the future.

One week from my interview I received a call from the office which I missed because I wasn't near my phone. I called back, left a message, then received another call the next morning with a follow up. I confirmed my continuous interest in the job, how far I was willing to travel, I was asked what position I would prefer (Night or Relief). Finally I was offered the job and was told what day orientation was, what to wear/bring, and the time ect.

Interview Question – How would you handle and employee who's performance was negatively affecting or slowing business operations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There are no negotiations really... You will work weekends, you have a set schedule every week, you are paid weekly, and you work where they have an opening.

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at QuikTrip in July 2013.

Interview Details – So I first applied online and I did not hear anything back for 2 weeks. My number changed so I decided to apply in person with a updated number ( Quiktrip only contacts through phone). I applied with a paper application that specified I had recently applied and was updating my phone number. I do recommend you apply IN PERSONs. I handed my application in to one of the Atlanta corporate offices. I gave a great first impression and asked a few questions (so the person taking my appication would remember me when she gave it to Human Resourses). I got a call the next morning (Thursday). She requested an interview Friday. I agreed and it went well. First they start with a 20-questions, reviewing math skills (large numbers). The interviewer asked good questions but as long as you memorize you resume ( or bring a few copies to have in front u) or have copies in a professional looking folder you will do Great! So then the waiting game took place, it was tough! Finally they called a week later and offer the position. I was Estatic.

So I recommend just be professional. You are selling your self. Put yourself in the interviewer position. Would you hire you? If not how can you Improve .
(Hint: Wording is Everything)

Interview Question – From your previous jobs which one was your least favorite and why?
Why do you want to work for Quiktrip?
What would this company have to do to keep you here?
Do you have experience with Point of Sale (Cashier)?
Do you have experience cleaning? ( Bathrooms)
  View Answer