Quiksilver

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Quiksilver in August 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews with 2 different store managers. Simple laid back interview. Normal interview questions asked and than some that made them see your personality and management style. Interviews lasted about 45 minuets.

Interview Question – What I wanted to bring to the company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple, asked what i wanted and started the negotiation process.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quiksilver in June 2013.

Interview Details – I interview online. I was then called for a group interview. You basically just need to show that you have a personality. We were then told that we would be called for a second interview. Turns out that was the only interview.

Interview Question – What was your best customer service experience?   Answer Question

Visual Associate Interview

Visual Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quiksilver in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had applied for the position online, and was called back for an interview at 4 in the afternoon, when the visual merchandiser leaves before so I came back with an interview the next morning. It was very low key interview. One-on-one questions on experience and what I thought about the company. It make me feel comfortable. I was told I would called back but never was, so I kept in contact with the store until they told me I was too inexperienced for a merchandiser position but I could work as a full-time associate and work up. I was able to work my way to visuals after a month.

Interview Question – What I knew about the company's numbers and my prediction on where the company is going.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inventory Supervisor Interview

Inventory Supervisor
La Jolla, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Quiksilver in May 2011.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from the assistant manager to come in for a group interview. She told me to dress in any Quiksilver clothes. There were 4 managers and 3 interviewees. They asked questions like "What kind of retail experience do you have; How do you handle someone who is difficult; How well do you take directions and what approach do you use as you follow them". The interview was a lot more relaxed rather than intimidating. It felt more like a group conversation.

Interview Question – She asked me "If you were trapped on an island, what three things would you bring and why". Pretty unexpected but the reason was to see how well you thought out the question.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Quiksilver in July 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple, I applied online. Was called for an interview within a week or two. The interview was a group interview with questions about past retail experience and work ethic.

Interview Question – How have you handled an unpleasant client in the past?   Answer Question

Inventory/Stock Associate Interview

Inventory/Stock Associate

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quiksilver in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call the next day. I had 2 interviews that happened in a span of 2 weeks. The first one was with all 3 managers, and the second one was with a supervisor and an associate. Both interviews started off like any other interview with your typical questions (e.g. Why do you want to work here?) Then both interviews gradually became more informal and personal. They asked me about my hopes and dreams rather than continuing with business-like questions. I was offered a job within a week after my 2nd interview after my background check was cleared.

Interview Question – The whole interview was unexpected because of how it become more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

Interviewed at Quiksilver

Interview Details – one on one interview

Interview Question – How would you handle things in this situation....   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Tulalip, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quiksilver.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an almost immediate response, and made an appointment to come into the store for a small group interview. The process was very laid back and relaxed, with the interviewers being very nice and informal. We were taken around and shown the store and did some new hire orientation the same night and we were introduced to the employees there.

Interview Question – Who is Kelly Slater, their main spokesman and what sport does he compete in?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quiksilver in July 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call about a week after applying online. I know other people have said to dress casually probably in Quicksilver attire, so I wore a Quiksilver shirt with a a dress shirt over it as well as skinny black jeans. Got there and waited for the manager where we moved to another location of the mall . Pretty basic questions of why do you want to work here, what qualifies you. Overall simple interview. Didn't get an offer however, but could be due to lack of work experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Quiksilver.

Interview Details – Group interview for seasonal position. Went around the room sharing a two facts about ourselves. Then asked questions about why Quiksilver, an interesting sales experience we've had and what could we contribute to the team. Pretty much just looking for people who aren't shy or awkward and could carry a conversation. We also had to do a mock sales pitch and sell another persons outfit. Got a call about an hour after the interview.

Interview Question – Doing the sales pitch was unexpected.   Answer Question

Worked for Quiksilver? Contribute to the Community!