Quiksilver Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.2

Production Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quiksilver in April 2013.

Right off the bat asked salary requirements on initial phone call. Immediate setup for in-person interview. 1st interview with HR and 2nd with the overseeing manager. I was one of the many candidates they were interviewing.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Quiksilver in August 2010.

2 interviews with 2 different store managers. Simple laid back interview. Normal interview questions asked and than some that made them see your personality and management style. Interviews lasted about 45 minuets.

Interview Questions
    simple, asked what i wanted and started the negotiation process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quiksilver in June 2013.

I interview online. I was then called for a group interview. You basically just need to show that you have a personality. We were then told that we would be called for a second interview. Turns out that was the only interview.

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Quiksilver in May 2012.

I had applied for the position online, and was called back for an interview at 4 in the afternoon, when the visual merchandiser leaves before so I came back with an interview the next morning. It was very low key interview. One-on-one questions on experience and what I thought about the company. It make me feel comfortable. I was told I would called back but never was, so I kept in contact with the store until they told me I was too inexperienced for a merchandiser position but I could work as a full-time associate and work up. I was able to work my way to visuals after a month.

Interview Questions
    • What I knew about the company's numbers and my prediction on where the company is going.   Answer Question

Inventory Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Quiksilver in May 2011.

I got a phone call from the assistant manager to come in for a group interview. She told me to dress in any Quiksilver clothes. There were 4 managers and 3 interviewees. They asked questions like "What kind of retail experience do you have; How do you handle someone who is difficult; How well do you take directions and what approach do you use as you follow them". The interview was a lot more relaxed rather than intimidating. It felt more like a group conversation.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me "If you were trapped on an island, what three things would you bring and why". Pretty unexpected but the reason was to see how well you thought out the question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Quiksilver in July 2013.

Very simple, I applied online. Was called for an interview within a week or two. The interview was a group interview with questions about past retail experience and work ethic.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled an unpleasant client in the past?   Answer Question

Inventory/Stock Associate Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quiksilver in September 2012.

Applied online and received a phone call the next day. I had 2 interviews that happened in a span of 2 weeks. The first one was with all 3 managers, and the second one was with a supervisor and an associate. Both interviews started off like any other interview with your typical questions (e.g. Why do you want to work here?) Then both interviews gradually became more informal and personal. They asked me about my hopes and dreams rather than continuing with business-like questions. I was offered a job within a week after my 2nd interview after my background check was cleared.

Interview Questions
    • The whole interview was unexpected because of how it become more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

one on one interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulalip, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulalip, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Quiksilver.

I applied online and received an almost immediate response, and made an appointment to come into the store for a small group interview. The process was very laid back and relaxed, with the interviewers being very nice and informal. We were taken around and shown the store and did some new hire orientation the same night and we were introduced to the employees there.

Interview Questions
    • Who is Kelly Slater, their main spokesman and what sport does he compete in?   View Answer
    There was none.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Quiksilver in July 2012.

Got a call about a week after applying online. I know other people have said to dress casually probably in Quicksilver attire, so I wore a Quiksilver shirt with a a dress shirt over it as well as skinny black jeans. Got there and waited for the manager where we moved to another location of the mall . Pretty basic questions of why do you want to work here, what qualifies you. Overall simple interview. Didn't get an offer however, but could be due to lack of work experience.

Interview Questions

Worked for Quiksilver? Contribute to the Community!