Quill Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.6

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quill in March 2015.

Interview

Received a call from a Staples Recruiter for a basic qualifications screening. After a couple of email exchanges a Skype interview was arranged with the department manager. After the manager interview, the Staples Recruiter called for an offer. He was the one to make all the arrangements and send the information.

Web Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Quill (Lincolnshire, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly typical. I applied online for the position and received a call 2 weeks later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was much like a normal phone interview where you give details on your background, why you interested in the role/company and other questions that you may have. I then had an in-person interview scheduled a week later to meet with two Product Managers for a half hour each. Those went very well but I will say to be 100% sure of why you want that specific job over any other potential job. I then received a call to set up another interview with a Director for an hour. That interview was more focused on seeing if you'd be a good fit and what you will be able to contribute. The process then dragged on for a couple more weeks before I found out that they were hiring an internal candidate for the role.

Interview Questions

• Given a list on qualities and then answering what you did well with that and what could be improved.   1 Answer

Ecom Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Quill (Lincolnshire, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Two phone interview with one in person interview with four people. Mix of behavioral and technical questions. Technical questions were very basic so don't need to worry about preparing extra for technical part.

Interview Questions

• SQL and data related questions. Some questions related to calculating business KPIs.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quill (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Met through Job Shadow Program. Talked later at a career fair. Talked again after fair at restaurant. Applied online. One pre-screening interview, and then interviewed by 3 managers. Selected by one manager to be on their team.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical situations related to work. Difficult for me because it was my first real world (actual work) job   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Babylon, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Quill (Babylon, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a three part interview. First section was a standard interview. After that a ride along was scheduled. That was followed by an evaluation interview. The evaluation interview consisted of me evaluating the person that I shadowed for the day as well as what I thought of the job itself.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question I was asked would have been what motivates me to succeed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as the payment is standard.

QSD Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Quill (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Rather easy, I spoke over the interviewers head for the most part and since I knew what I was talking about there wasn't much back and forth conversation.

Interview Questions

• (after my 2nd interview question) That's all I have for you, do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Marketing Database Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quill (Lincolnshire, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

quick, efficient, flexible on time had quick phone conversation with hr, agreed on date and time for phone interview then changed my mind and asked for in person interview , my request was accomodated and i had interviews with 2 hirinv mansferx in one hour

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quill (Lincolnshire, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Had interview two weeks after initial contact. The interview process was typical with hiring manager and department head. The interview was not ultra formal and had a more friendly feel with a back and forth question and answer session. The entire interview lasted an hour. The environment was laid back which relates to the overall company atmosphere. Very focused on sales metrics. They responded within a normal amount of time and as promised.

Interview Questions

• What type of management style are you looking for if offered a position?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quill (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Started with a phone interview that was very basic. They called it a screening. Then 10 days later I recieved an email to come interview at the branch in Lincolnshire. I had a 30 minute one on one interview where I was asked in depth questions by my hiring manager. I recieved notice that I had recieved the position about 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked in depth why I had left previous positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told a salary and I accepted it.m

Inside Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter Face to face in panel type interview.

Negotiation

None