QuinStreet Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter a couple of days later to schedule a phone interview. Passed the phone interview and went on to the on-site interview. The interview itself was a bit strange as it was pretty clear they had to find people at the last minute to interview me. The 4-5 people that I did interview with were all very kind but it was unsettling to discover that many of them were new hires themselves with less than several months under their belt. My last interview was supposed to be with the director of the department but there was a communications mishap and I ended up spending the last 15 minutes of the interview sitting awkwardly in silence with the recruiter texting rapidly away on her phone. She then - rather suddenly asked me how my other interviews had gone and whether or not I felt like I had a good rapport with them. She then started psycho-analyzing me, asking me if I was an introvert or extrovert... After realizing that the director was not going to come in for the interview, she promptly escorted me out. A couple of week's later, I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want this job? 2) What do you know about Quinstreet?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin for the Project Manager position. We scheduled a 30 minute phone interview. I sent her my resume via e-mail and from there, a phone interview (approx 30-45 minutes) was scheduled with the hiring manager. A couple days later, an onsite interview was scheduled - approximately 2-3 hours. I interviewed with the hiring manager and 3 other team members.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

I was highly disappointed with the interview process for this company. I applied online to the Online Media Associate position and was contacted that day. We scheduled my phone interview for the following week. My interviewer was 20 minutes late to that phone call. They did not apologize and spent the next 25 minutes asking me generic interview questions before informing me that the full-time position I had applied for was hiring immediately and they would like to interview me for an internship this summer instead. They easily could have conveyed that information via email but chose to interview me first then spring that on me at the end of the interview. I found their communication to be highly unprofessional and chose to withdraw from the application process at that time.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with digital marketing analytics   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

Initially interviewed with Randstad, passed onto to a second group interview with two Quinstreet team leaders. The team leaders were about 20 minutes late coming in but very apologetic. We were asked to speak from a script but using our own words. We were also asked to essentially "sell" ourselves as to why we should get the job. The team leaders did a good job of promoting Quinstreet by making it sound like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous call center experience?   1 Answer

Media Director Interview

Interview

very basic process with cases. be analytical and data driven. think on the feet. be prepared for fit questions, understand media, lead gen, marketing analytics, web analytics. reporting. content strategy, SEO, SEM, content management system. revenue and traffic analysis.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

strict

Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at QuinStreet (India, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

2 rounds . Took around 2 weeks for shortlisting. Work culture is really very good. For first round, they gave some site to review for SEO purpose. The 2nd round consists of face to face interview wherein they asked about analytical questions which were given in 1st round and asked other questions too.

Interview Questions

• 1st round - written test 2nd round - face to face round   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was fixed salary

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

Not as intense as I thought it would have been. Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager and an on-site. Everyone was pretty friendly but it seemed a bit disorganized as to what questions needed to be asked. They sounded like they did not really collaborate before they met with me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult - they asked the basics of your strengths and weaknesses, what you expect from the company, talked about the previous job I held/   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

4 back to back interviews, 30-minutes each with your standard questions. 2 hours sitting was a little rough and they usually bring people out for interviews during the worst time to commute for traffic mine started at 3PM and went to 630PM since some interviews went over.

Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Was interviewed for an internship and relevant experience was a minimum qualification. They asked questions about prior work environment and depth of knowledge in digital marketing. Definitely not as interrogative as higher-level positions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at QuinStreet in June 2014.

Interview

I had my first phone interview with the hiring manager who was nice but definitely seemed slightly disorganized and asked the same questions several times. After the initial phone interview, I had two more phone interviews with the managers whom if hired I would have been working with. Both managers were friendly and organized; the interviews lasted roughly 30 minutes and the questions were all pretty standard. Lastly I went on-site to have three more separate interviews. Over all people were generally friendly but it seemed as though all three people had been told of the interview that morning and there were a lot of awkward pauses as they scrambled to think of questions on the spot. I was told I would hear from the company in a week, but never received a phone call or interview. After 5 interviews, it is both disrespectful and unprofessional that QuinStreet never contacted me in regards to whether I had received the position or not.

Interview Questions

• I cannot think of one question that was particularly difficult. However, in a couple of the interviews, the interviewers tried to come up with questions on the spot which were wordy and not very well thought out. I often had to clarify the question and even then the questions were often strange or difficult to answer.   Answer Question