1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Foster City, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at QuinStreet in September 2011.

Quinstreet's HR was very professional all the way through. My first two phone interviews were scheduled quickly and close together. The first one I think was by a HR person (quick simple screening). The second one is by one of the managers that I would directly work with. She was really nice. After talking to her I was scheduled to come in one week later for a 3-hour in person interviewing process.

I was interviewed 1:1 by three different people ( there were supposed to be 4 but one couldn't make it): one director, one senior manager, and one manager. Everyone was on time. The director gave me a good intro of the company and what they do etc. She was nice and straight forward but she gave me a "prioritize" exercise that I felt I was tricked in. After that, it was pretty clear that she wasn't going to hire me because I didn't do exactly what she expected me to do. The other two interviewers were just casual and answered the questions that I had. I honestly didn't have that many because by reading their website, there is no way you can figure out what they do. Any they try to keep it secret that way too.

I was given two really simple maths problems by the last two interviewers. The interviews lasted two hours. I didn't hear from them for one week so I emailed HR and got a standard reject email. Their office is really bright and sleek. Scarily quiet though. It's in a nice office building area close to freeways.

Interview Questions
  • How do you prioritize this list of activities that you have to take care of right now?:
    1. A weekly call to a client
    2. A presentation you manager needs from you for a meeting
    3. A meeting with the IT department
    4. An unsatisfied client complaint
    5. Something else I can't remember
      View Answer

Worked for QuinStreet? Contribute to the Community!