Quinn Emanuel Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2015

2.9

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Quinn Emanuel.

Interview

I was hired through a recruiter and went a couple of times to meet with the HR manager. I was hired the same week.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. I was asked about background and skills.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewer was casually dressed, wearing jeans and drinking a coke. Was a brief interview (during OCI) but received an invitation to their networking event that night and a callback. Overall was a less traditional law firm interview - we spoke about drinking and wine. Lawyer was on his phone twice during the interview.

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel in January 2015.

Interview

I was set up for an interview through a staffing agency. I interviewed with the staffing agency and then the law firm was interested in setting up an interview with them once they saw my resume and credentials. I arrived early and dressed professional. My interviewer was wearing a Yankees hat with a du-rag, t-shirt, jeans, and Timberland boots. I knew they allowed people to dress casual, but really? This is the first person I met from Quinn Emanuel and this will be the lasting impression I always have of them.

Staff Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Very laid back and friendly. You will meet with another staff attorney and discuss the case and expectations of the job. Most staff contract attorneys are very helpful. Some feel entitled to more because Quinn spoils them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Take it or leave it

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Very brief phone screen, < 30 minutes, before they flew me out for an on-site interview. Met two midlevel associates and went to lunch with one, then met the hiring partner in the afternoon. They asked several variations of 'why do you want to work at this particular firm' and seemed happy with variations on 'I like the focus on litigation' and 'I like the focus on results over presentation' (a flattering framing of the non-dress-code and generally less-formal atmosphere).

Interview Questions

• 'why do you want to work at this particular firm'   1 Answer

Took an offer at a competing firm

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by my recruiter regarding a position at this company. According to her I was a perfect fit for the job, and the more I researched the position and what they wanted I too felt perfect for the job. I studied up on the firm, prepared a list of possible questions with the correct answers. On the day of the interview, I met with one person. The overall atmosphere of the office was nice and seemed perfect for me. I was told that although they had no doubt I could do the job, and do it very well, because I was soft spoken I wasn't the right "fit" for the company. My work experience, qualifications and references gave them no doubt to my ability to do the job. But the fact that I was shy and soft spoken would be the reason I was passed over for this position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker, attorney or senior level employee who wasn't doing their fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Staff Contract Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel in March 2011.

Interview

Interview and background check.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Standard interview questions and experience. Expect to meet with two or three Associates, and two or three partners. Questions revolved around your past experiences, why you want to work at Quinn, and why you are leaving your immediately prior role.

Interview Questions

• Why are you lateralling from your former position? Were you on track to make partner at your former firm? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Beautiful office, nice people, everyone wears jeans. I had a great interview with the Paralegal Coordinator and a Senior Paralegal who was part of the team seeking another paralegal. The Associates I met with were extremely nice and did not seem overstressed as with a typical AmLaw 100 firm.

Interview Questions

• Sounds like you are doing more exciting work at your current position. Why would you want to take this position?   Answer Question

Support Staff Interview

Interview

The Interview process was average, nothing out of the norm as I went through a recruiting agency. They interviewers were very polite but at the same time, they mean business. It was made clear that it is a very busy environment, and they need someone to stay on their toes, at the same time, you have the ability to dress comfortably and use any tools necessary to get the job done correctly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, the same question seemed to be asked more than once, but in different words. All in all, it was a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question