Quinnipiac University

Updated Jun 16, 2014

2.0

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Quinnipiac University.

Went through two interviews before being offered the job. Response time was quick, only took about two weeks after applying before I heard from the University. You will need to take a computer skills test.

Interview Questions
    • Typical question about why you want to work for the university, what you can bring to the table, etc   Answer Question
    No negotiation because there is a union for the secretaries.

Fitness Center Facility Attendant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Quinnipiac University.

Very easy interview by your future boss and a few people who currently work there. Hear back quickly and accepted the job since its work study you either use the money or you lose it

Cati Interviewer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Quinnipiac University.

The entire process was very simple, I submitted an application in October 2013 and was called in for an interview in early November. Once you get an interview you are basically hired, you only need to submit a background check. The interview was very simple, it was based off of a paper questionnaire, no surprises.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Quinnipiac University in January 2014.

Just the usual hiring process with phone interview, on campus interview, teaching session, Q&A session, lunch, dinner and various meetings throughout the 1-2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Why must we hire you When the question was obvious, my skills and experience was exactly what they were looking for. They then probed on and on about this at interview!!   View Answer

Supervisor Interview

Questions about computers, people skills, and just if you could hold a conversation

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Quinnipiac University.

Interview process was extremely lengthy. 6 weeks after applying online, I received an email from hiring manager asking to set up a phone interview. One week after phone interview, I was invited up to Quinnipiac for face to face interview, tour of campus, and to present on a relevant issue. 5 weeks after in-person interview, I received email that I did not receive job. The interview process would have been ok had it ended there, but I am STILL (2 months after interview) waiting for reimbursement of expenses related to in-person interview. I continue to interact with the hiring manager and administrative assistant to follow up on where the check is...a bit awkward. Note to any out-of-towners applying to Quinnipiac: If they offer to cover expenses related to getting to interview, be prepared to wait several months before receiving reimbursement. I'm just glad I chose the $500 1-stop flight vs the $1400 non-stop flight! Who knows if I'll ever get my money...

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quinnipiac University in January 2011.

You work in an office.

Library Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quinnipiac University in June 2008.

It was a 1 on 1 interview, where questions were asked. Most of the questions regarded my timeliness and dedication to jobs I have had in the past.