Quinnipiac University Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

1.9

EF Go Ahead Tours Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quinnipiac University (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. The phone interview was not that bad as the person interviewing was very nice . they asked questions typical in a job interview. the in person interview was not that intimidating however they are truly evaluating your interest in travel and the position

Interview Questions

• If you were selling a trip what questions would you ask the potential traveler?   Answer Question
    • What are 3 your strengths and weaknessess   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quinnipiac University (Hamden, CT).

Interview

Went through two interviews before being offered the job. Response time was quick, only took about two weeks after applying before I heard from the University. You will need to take a computer skills test.

Interview Questions

• Typical question about why you want to work for the university, what you can bring to the table, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation because there is a union for the secretaries.

Fitness Center Facility Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Quinnipiac University.

Interview

Very easy interview by your future boss and a few people who currently work there. Hear back quickly and accepted the job since its work study you either use the money or you lose it

Cati Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quinnipiac University.

Interview

The entire process was very simple, I submitted an application in October 2013 and was called in for an interview in early November. Once you get an interview you are basically hired, you only need to submit a background check. The interview was very simple, it was based off of a paper questionnaire, no surprises.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Quinnipiac University (Hamden, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

Just the usual hiring process with phone interview, on campus interview, teaching session, Q&A session, lunch, dinner and various meetings throughout the 1-2 days.

Interview Questions

• Why must we hire you When the question was obvious, my skills and experience was exactly what they were looking for. They then probed on and on about this at interview!!   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Interview

Questions about computers, people skills, and just if you could hold a conversation

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Quinnipiac University (Hamden, CT).

Interview

Interview process was extremely lengthy. 6 weeks after applying online, I received an email from hiring manager asking to set up a phone interview. One week after phone interview, I was invited up to Quinnipiac for face to face interview, tour of campus, and to present on a relevant issue. 5 weeks after in-person interview, I received email that I did not receive job. The interview process would have been ok had it ended there, but I am STILL (2 months after interview) waiting for reimbursement of expenses related to in-person interview. I continue to interact with the hiring manager and administrative assistant to follow up on where the check is...a bit awkward. Note to any out-of-towners applying to Quinnipiac: If they offer to cover expenses related to getting to interview, be prepared to wait several months before receiving reimbursement. I'm just glad I chose the $500 1-stop flight vs the $1400 non-stop flight! Who knows if I'll ever get my money...

Polling Institute Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quinnipiac University in January 2013.

Interview

Was called for an interview at the polling institute. Interviewer was very nice and polite. Asked only about past telephone interviews. Most of the time was spent describing the job and the training that the employee would need to complete.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

9.50/hr

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quinnipiac University (Hamden, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

The position was a short -term, one semester. The Department chair contacted my school and inquired if there were available candidates to take the position. Given my background, I was the logical choice. The school and the department were extremely gracious and hospitable. it was the best interview that I have had before or since in its polite and yet thorough vetting process. I would recommend this school as a place to teach.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard: research interest, dissertation topics, ideas re teaching.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to get a good salary with full benefits.

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quinnipiac University (North Haven, CT) in January 2011.

Interview

You work in an office.