Quintiles Clinical Trials Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2015

Clinical Trials Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quintiles.

Interview

First interview by telephone, followed by face to face interviews with 3 managers. Typical interview questions were asked, as well as extensive questions following each job and skills listed on the resume. Managers were encouraging, not judgment or arrogant. Explained the potential job and answered all my questions with detailed answers.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was the weaknesses and why are they weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotation was easy since there is a cap for the position. I was given a generous offer and only had to counter once.

Other Interview Reviews for Quintiles

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by Nurse Clinical Trial Manager and HR representative at Home Office in Pennsylvania. The interview was calm, comfortable and inviting. The nurse manager is no less than delightful, a woman whose career surrounds her passion to produce valid, first-class clinical trials. Best interview experience I've had, although I wasn't given an offer based on another applicant's more advanced qualifications on paper. (She's a trial investigator; she had to go with the numbers!)

Interview Questions

• I was asked many qualifying questions regarding clinical trial experience, knowledge-based understanding of the field of Medicine and trials as well as discussion on time management, decision-making abilities as well as talent in the professional development of study sites/clinicians based on my education, experience and proof of completed projects.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quintiles (Durham, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then got asked for an in-person interview. Received an offer within 48 hours. The in person interview was with two of the line managers and one current Clinical Trial Assistant. It was based off of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• If your employer asks you to do something that is against your opinion how would you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial contact was over the phone. Followed up with email.

Interview Questions

• N/A - lots of cliche questions "what are you strengths/ weaknesses"?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview - Explanation of position, Questions about Past Work History, Questions about Interest, Invitation for Face to Face Interview
    F2F Interview - Detailed Discussion of Work Details, Discussion of Past Work History, Discussion of Salary Expectations.
    Boss Phone Call- Job Offer, Discussion of Salary Assigned
    HR Phone Call- Paperwork to be Emailed
    Drug Test/ Background Check

Interview Questions

• The work can be very tedious, are you sure you want to do this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Quintiles (Overland Park, KS) in March 2012.

Interview

One interview with two of the Line Managers present. Not a hard interview..always be prepared to answer the question of "what does ethics mean to you?" You don't have to have an elaborate answer, just the basic meaning so that they know that you are aware of the code of conduct for the confidential nature of this industry.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions..they like you to know that if you have a problem of any type to escalate things to the higher ups in the chain of command and you need to know how to get along with people and that they want you to move up the ladder to the CRA positions when they become open, which is a good career move anyway.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't a lot of negotiation room and if you have a 4 year degree, you will get a couple dollars more per hour than if you don't and you can't move up to the Senior CTA or any of their CRA positions without a degree, but they will still hire you without the degree for the regular CTA positions, although they do prefer you have the degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Quintiles (Durham, NC) in August 2008.

Interview

I was interviewed by 7 people, and the process took approximately 3-4 hours. You need to be able to answer questions such as "what are 2 of your weaknesses." But, all-in-all, it was a relatively pressure-free process.

Interview Questions

• What are 2 of your greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a mistake you made at work and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are NO salary negotiations for a role such as mine. If you need a job, take the offer because it's a pretty good company to work for so far.

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles.

Interview

The 1st interview was conducted by Clinical Operations Manager in person.

The 2nd interview was conducted by Clinical Operation Director via phone.

Interview Questions

• Your expected annual salary?   1 Answer