Quintiles

163 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Clinical Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview scheduling was quite smooth and interviewers were all very pleasant and down to earth. Overall a really great interview. The post-interview was the issue as I had to follow up for updates at which point they began inquiring about my salary requirements (which had been previously listed on my online application). Rather than make me their best offer they kept trying to get me to lower my minimum, which was quite annoying. They finally communicated that they couldn't meet my minimum so we thanked each other and I moved on.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions but did have to do a 20 minute presentation to interview panel with Q&A afterwards.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Lowball salary offer was quite insulting so I had to pass.

Clinical Trials Assistant Interview

Clinical Trials Assistant
Overland Park, KS

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Quintiles in March 2012.

Interview Details – One interview with two of the Line Managers present. Not a hard interview..always be prepared to answer the question of "what does ethics mean to you?" You don't have to have an elaborate answer, just the basic meaning so that they know that you are aware of the code of conduct for the confidential nature of this industry.

Interview Question – No difficult questions..they like you to know that if you have a problem of any type to escalate things to the higher ups in the chain of command and you need to know how to get along with people and that they want you to move up the ladder to the CRA positions when they become open, which is a good career move anyway.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't a lot of negotiation room and if you have a 4 year degree, you will get a couple dollars more per hour than if you don't and you can't move up to the Senior CTA or any of their CRA positions without a degree, but they will still hire you without the degree for the regular CTA positions, although they do prefer you have the degree.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview Details – Standard questions, boring repetition like in any other company. Some of the people do not understand what the job is all about and it is shown in the questions. The process is extremely slow and long. There is no room for negotiation with them so be prepared to take whatever amount they offer or leave it.

Interview Question – how do you mitigate risk   Answer Question

Entry Level ACE CRA Interview Interview

Entry Level ACE CRA Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Quintiles in May 2014.

Interview Details – Overall, it was a very pleasurable experience interviewing with Quintiles. I first started by applying to the position on the Quintiles website. I was then contacted by a recruiter via email who asked me to complete a QA on May 4, 2014. After this I spoke to the recruiter for a phone screening and to set up my first phone interview. My phone interview was May 6, 2014 with a Operations and Line Manager. Moving forward I was then contacted for a second phone/video interview with the regional line manager and a senior CRA in my area on May 28, 2014. Each phone interview took about an hour and they were very precise and detailed. All questions asked were relating to the CRA role. I didn't receive too many personality based questions during the interviews being that those questions were asked on the QA. I received my offer June 25, 2014.

Interview Question – 1)What are the roles of a CRA while working from home? 2) Which tasks do you complete at a site first if the following are occuring: -Patient needs to be source verified and is now on C3D15, -You did not meet with the physician on your last visit and need to meet with them on this one,- There are two newly registered patients beginning treatment the day you have arrived for your visit,- You need to perform drug accountability?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no need for negotiation. The salary was within the same range I was presented with during my phone screening.

Entry-Level Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Entry-Level Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, contacted by recruiter about 2 weeks later requesting a phone interview. Did not receive call on scheduled date and received an email requesting to reschedule phone interview on a holiday (not a big deal) after taking an online Sales Assessment. Phone interview was basic background/qualifying questions and was then asked to meet the next day for a F2F interview. 4 scenario based questions were asked and were to be answered in the STAR format - lasted about an hour. The next interview with the drug company DM and RM was scheduled a week later. The interview with the DM was essentially the same, 4 questions to be answered in STAR format. They passed me thru to the Regional Manager which was just an informal "get to know you" conversation i.e. "why do you want to do this" and "what would your references say about you?" Asked for my Brag Book. Met with the Quintiles recruiter before leaving and said I should hear back in 1-2 days with answer - turned into 2 weeks.

Interview Question – none were really difficult   View Answer

Patient Advocate Interview

Patient Advocate

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview Details – Had 2 phone screens, got flight to in person interview in Chicago. Seemed to go really well, got an email stating another candidate was selected. Seemed to go really well, there was a lot of prep for the interview involved

Interview Question – How do you go about building rapport?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Interview Details – The process took 6 weeks, phone interview followed by assessment test, F2F with Quintiles DM, Flown to Chicago for interview with Pharma company interview with DM, Regional Manager. Initial interview was very easy basic questions. Interviews with Pharma company was a bit more difficult with many behavior based questions. Answers were often questioned with a rebuttal needed.

Interview Question – Nothing stands out just dug into past experiences asking how you responded.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available

Patient Advocate Interview

Patient Advocate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Quintiles in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Phone interview followed by a face to face panel interview in Chicago. During the chicago interview one of the four panelist immediately left the room and never returned! I never heard anything back from anyone- very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult. All of the questions were basic interview questions. I do feel like this interview was given to me because I am a black female and they needed to meet some type of quota around interviewing minorities.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Entry Level ACE CRA Interview

Entry Level ACE CRA
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in May 2014.

Interview Details – The first introductory interview (.5 hours) over the phone was conducted in early May. Three days later, an hour long interview with the Line Manager in Dallas, TX. Laid back interviews. I didn't hear anything from them for a very long time (close to a month). Keep in mind, they were scheduling training for those they liked first weeks of July so they were entertaining me prematurely. Finally received an email back from another recruiter asking to schedule a video conference interview -- for the next day. I was unable to oblige for the time scheduled because I had an internship interview scheduled weeks before for my Master's program and thus the Quintiles interview was rescheduled to a later time. No new link for the video conference chat and when it came time to interview, my video chat link was a broken link despite the manager interviewing trying to resend -- I know the program worked because I used the test link prior to the interview.

I was told by this manager that I would hear back in the next few days. That turned to a 11 days even though the recruiter said I would hear back by the end of the week. I also did NOT get a phone call explaining why I was not selected for the position. I emailed the recruiter back asking why I received an email and not a phone call with an explanation. Especially given that I had carved out pieces of my day for their multiple interviews. I have a feeling that the manager didn't particularly care for me and that maybe I was a threat to her position because I didn't get any of the tough 1572, GCP/ICH, regulatory/source doc questions that others have indicated they received. I am disheartened. Sending an email is not the most professional way to communicate to someone that they did not get a position. Pick up the phone and be polite in informing your candidates on why they didn't fit your position!! And please do it in a timely manner.

Interview Question – None. I didn't get any of the 1572, GCP/ICH, regulatory questions that others indicated they had during their interview process.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Interview Details – Initial 30 min phone call about the opportunity, next an hour phone interview, followed a sales aptitude test then by a F2F with the staffing manager and finally flown out to Atlanta where I had 2 rounds of interviews. Received call with offer about a week later.

Interview Question – All questions were STAR questions and behavior based. Describe a time when you... Etc most difficult question was probably describe a time when you failed and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Worked for Quintiles? Contribute to the Community!