Quintiles Interview Questions

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quintiles in May 2010.

Applied for administrative assistant position the person to whom I would assist did not attend interview. Met with a project specialist that was the first red flag. When I was escorted to the office she never turned on the light (we sat in the dark) did not asked me to have a seat. Started talking about her personal life but knew very little about the position including pay structure. When I asked some questions she stated would have to get back to me with the answers. People are looking for jobs and it appears that companies are not serious about hiring. Job seekers BEWARE of the inexperienced interviewers that are threatened by talented professionals. What a waste of time!

Contacted By Quintiles Manager - Found Me On Linkedin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quintiles in May 2011.

I was contacted 5 months ago by a Quintiles manager. She explained this was for a CRA position for their Amgen contract. Positions were posted sometime early April, I was contacted again to apply. I had a screening interview, a personality/skills test, phone interview and then flown to NC for a final interview. Overall, terribly disappointed in what I thought was a great company. I was not contacted and told I had not received the job and neither the Quintiles manager who recruited me nor one of my interviewers responded to my email asking if the positions had been filled. Very disappointed in the process. I don't think I'll apply for another job with Quintiles again.

Interview Questions
    • Specifically, what has been my experience with study drug and how is study drug typically handled?   Answer Question

Site Start-Up Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quintiles in January 2008.

I interviewed with 3 people. Relatively stress-free interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and explainn how you handled it.   Answer Question
    Don't let yourself be intimidated if they push back on your requested salary. Be confident and state hold on to the salary that you desire.

Global Scientific Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Quintiles in May 2011.

Initial contact with Quintiles was very efficient. I got prompt reply on emails and was kept up-to-date with the whole process. Interviews were sometimes scheduled on short notice, but this wasn't really inconvenient. I was accommodated whenever I could not fit a date in. I had various telephonic interviews (1:1 and conference calls). Very enjoyable, but quite intense with regards to questions. Lots of examples of skills required (real life scenarios). Interviewers made me feel very comfortable. Small talk that was made was probably to access my social interacting skills, so don't get carried away, stay focussed. The interview questions are thorough and in depth, so be prepared.
    I would still very much like to work for the company. All the VPs, directors and project managers made a very positive impression on me. Everybody was really knowledgable and so enthusiastic about their work and about Quintiles as employer, they really made me want to work with them.

Interview Questions
    • Suggestions for marketing purposes?
      (They did admit that this was an unfair question)
        View Answer

Salary offered was WAY below my current salary. I would have like to at least earn the same salary.

Clinical Project Manager Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Quintiles in November 2011.

I thought that the process was quite seamless. I first had a phone interview with the head of the department and after the initial screening I was invited to attend a face-to-face in Kansas City. They were very communicative and accommodating about the traveling plans.

I interviewed with 7 different people, some meetings were with two people at a time, others were with one person at a time. All interviewers were pleasant and respectful. I felt good about the process and was delighted to accept the offer.

CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in October 2010.

Interview process was grate, but people who are giving offer are trying to put you down and want to hire on low salary, Because they are the best in the industry

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to join this company? and how long you want to be with US.   View Answer
    Very Bad and one way process

Clinical Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in May 2012.

Firstly, it was an initial contact phone conversation telling me that i was preselected for the second phase interview, which would consist on a phone interview that would occur in the next few days, asking me for my preferences, my vision and my opinion of the company etc. Two weeks later, they called me telling me that I was selected to assist to a 3 hours presential interview in the Headquarters, where i was asked to do a numerical test, a priority test, a dinamics group test game, and a short 1:1 interview with a presentation included. Also they offer us the possibility to have 10 minutes to ask everithing we wanted about the job to a 3 senior project managers from the company, which helped me a lot to figure out how would be the work like.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a conflict situation in a work environment in the past and how did you solve the conflict   View Answer
    • Tell me a situation where a client was unsatisfied with a service and how did you solve the problem   View Answer

Clinical Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quintiles in January 2008.

You can find job announcements on the website for Quintiles. Experienced people in the field are prefered although it is expected that they will undergo extensive training to raise to the quality of work that Quintiles needs and searches for. Therefore - being opened to this new opportunity, being able to bring the experience and willingness to learn more to the interview is advisable.

Interview Questions
    • It is expected that any experienced applicant will know how to apply the GCP practices into reality so expect questions of "what to do if..." asking how to deal with a certain situation at site.   View Answer
    I negotiated my way in. Salary was fixed through company policy, work schedule and job description were already known, I only had to convince them that I want to be an employee. Possibly the work schedule and location can be negotiated at this moment but I expect the available options are actually offerred to all employees, this is a fair company.

Associate Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles.

Streamlined process, several interviews with practical real life experience being most valued. Technical credentials are referenced and confirmed. The interviews are relaxed but several people will take notes and confirm your responses. The culture of team approvals for new hires indicates a strong desire to have consensus in hiring. Follow up by HR is sometimes spotty but on the whole professional and timely.

Interview Questions
    • Several case studies presented to gauge the reaction of the candidate to unexpected challenges.   View Answer
    Yes negotiation within limits is OK

Director, Human Resources Interview

The initial contact was via e-mail followed by a phone interview. Great interviewer, very motivated to send my resume to the hiring manager. Because the interviewer's boss was coming to the job location, he will interview me in person instead of the hiring manager. The interview took place at his hotel restaurant at dinner time. Not the best environment to conduct an interview. He was eating while I was speaking (I order soda only), he was unprepared and asked questions unrelated to the job. What a disappointment, this is the person that is giving feedback to the hiring manager and will decide for a go or no go. I asked myself; are interviewers really prepared to ask the right questions, those "relevant" to the position? I look for opinions here based on your experiences.

Interview Questions
    • I lived in NJ for 20 years and moved to MA 5 years ago. Five times he asked the same: do you like MA more than NJ? why? The position I interviewed for is based in MA, the company has no locations in NJ. I did not know how my answer be rated, so I gave him neutral comments. Three times he asked me: what would I do the first day at work? Five times he told me that his meal was good. Technically this is not a question, but demonstrates how unprepared and distracted this senior executive was.   Answer Question