Quintiles

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.9

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles.

Contacted by recruiter about two weeks after applying through an employee referral. After initial phone screening to find out more about your background and resume, I was moved forward to the second round of interviews. The second round of interviews consisted of two separate interviews--the first with the regional manager of Quintiles that lasted about an hour and the second one was with the regional sales director of Takeda (since this was the company Quintiles is partnering under this contract), that lasted about 30 mins. They do not like to waste time, so I heard back from them the next day with the results.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions (i.e. Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult coworker, Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone to view your opinion or change their mind). Also what is your greatest strength and weakness, as well as why you want to be in pharmaceutical sales.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, there is already a set base salary.

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in October 2014.

Brief phone screen followed by a face-to-face where I was asked to prepare a 20 min presentation. Unprofessional at interview, arrogant and condescending. Complete waste of my time, I traveled and spent night in a hotel. I would not want to work for an elitist group like this. Very narrow vision of who fits their profile for success and unwilling to adequately train.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a PI who could or would not recruit patients   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Quintiles.

Was a very quick process. Contacted a little less than 2 weeks after application.
    Initial interview on the phone, followed by a basic online assessment
    Got emailed like a week and half later for round 2 interview
    Round 2 interview in person - basic behavioral questions, laid back, nothing out of the ordinary
    Got called 1.5 weeks later for final round interview
    Final interview with DSM, pretty much same questions, behavioral.

It was an average interview process, and good interview practice. The other candidate had much more sales experience than my fresh out of college self.

Senior CRA Interview

Applied online,the process took two weeks.The recruiter does not return calls or reply email.Two phone interview followed by video interview.Filled out assessment form.technical questions on CRA jobs.great experience,I learnt a lot too.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quintiles.

Applied online, received call from recruiter phone interview, inventory assessment, and face to face. face to face very comfortable format one on one. All the basic interview quesitons going over your experience and behavioral questions. Use prior experience from my back ground in sales to answer questions.

CRA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in September 2014.

The process took about 3 weeks. First interview was with the recruiter very basic questions, talks about metrics, closest airport, how much travel, systems used. 2nd interview with a Line manager very long interview but nothing if you have been a CRA for more than 6 months you will do fine. Final interview was on webex for an hour, behavioral questions.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Applied on line and phone interview by the HR person. I was not sure based on what I have communicated, Quintiles would be interested on a follow up. However, to my surprise, I was called in for a F2F interview.

Lasted 3 hours - 1st 30 minutes with hiring manager, followed by an hour with a panel of managers (3) who are peers to the hiring manager, followed by an hour with a panel of direct reports (3) to the hiring manager and a final 30 minutes with the hiring manager again.

Mostly PM skills based questions and general interview questions.

1. Tell me a time you had a conflict with someone at work and how did you handle it?
    2. Experience working with offshore outsourced teams
    3. Strengths and weakness.
    4. What are you bringing to the table that will complement the skills of the team
    5. What challenges you will face doing this job
    6. What do you think the easy part of this job
    7. Why are you leaving the current job

Unfortunately I was not really prepared when I went for the interview and do not believe I impressed the panels. I was told I would hear back in couple of weeks since they have few more candidates to vet.

So have not heard from them but not counting on this.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the easy part of this job? This was asked by the hiring manager at the end. I wish I had asked this question to the folks who interviewed me before so that I could have framed my answer better.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Quintiles in August 2014.

I had my first interview with a Quintiles rep and it was very down to earth. I had a employee referral from the inside company Quintiles was working with so it was very informal. But once I had my second interview with the pharma company it was very intense and with a panel.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Quintiles.

Standard questions, boring repetition like in any other company. Some of the people do not understand what the job is all about and it is shown in the questions. The process is extremely slow and long. There is no room for negotiation with them so be prepared to take whatever amount they offer or leave it.

Cta Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Quintiles in July 2014.

Very comfortable and relaxed but still professional. Wear a blazer but expect to be more dressed up than the managers. There will likely be two line managers who meet with you so be prepared to divide you attention,

Interview Questions
    • They WILL ask about business ethics. They want to make sure you understand the confidential nature of this industry.   Answer Question