Quintiles

167 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Patient Advocate Interview

Patient Advocate

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview Details – Had 2 phone screens, got flight to in person interview in Chicago. Seemed to go really well, got an email stating another candidate was selected. Seemed to go really well, there was a lot of prep for the interview involved

Interview Question – How do you go about building rapport?   Answer Question

Patient Advocate Interview

Patient Advocate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Quintiles in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Phone interview followed by a face to face panel interview in Chicago. During the chicago interview one of the four panelist immediately left the room and never returned! I never heard anything back from anyone- very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult. All of the questions were basic interview questions. I do feel like this interview was given to me because I am a black female and they needed to meet some type of quota around interviewing minorities.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Interview Details – Initial 30 min phone call about the opportunity, next an hour phone interview, followed a sales aptitude test then by a F2F with the staffing manager and finally flown out to Atlanta where I had 2 rounds of interviews. Received call with offer about a week later.

Interview Question – All questions were STAR questions and behavior based. Describe a time when you... Etc most difficult question was probably describe a time when you failed and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Clinical Trials Assistant Interview

Clinical Trials Assistant
Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quintiles in January 2014.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and then got asked for an in-person interview. Received an offer within 48 hours. The in person interview was with two of the line managers and one current Clinical Trial Assistant. It was based off of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – If your employer asks you to do something that is against your opinion how would you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Entry Level ACE CRA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in May 2014.

Interview Details – After being referred by an employee, I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to fill out a screening form and formally apply for the position. About a week later I was contacted to schedule a phone interview with a manager and senior member of the CRA staff. The call lasted about an hour and was a mixture of questions with cut-and-dry answers (explain the role of the 1572 / what are the SAE reporting regulations) and behavioral questions (typical "tell me about a time when..." that are best responded to in the STAR format), along with a general discussion of the role and expectations with time for me to ask questions. About 2 weeks later I was contacted to participate in a WebEx interview with two managers (in lieu of flying to Raleigh) which was more of the same. Everyone was pleasant and kind. Less than a week later I was notified that Quintiles would like to offer the position. I requested time to make my decision since I was awaiting the outcome of another position. I felt that the actual interview process was far superior to the negotiation process, e.g., forget wanting to negotiate with these people. In the initial stages of the process, I was told of the hiring salary range (low-to-mid $$) and requested something about $2-3k more than that. Was told it shouldn't be a problem. When it came time to accept the offer, the amount was low $$ (no mid about it!) and when I brought up what I was told earlier in the process, I was shut down and told that there was no negotiating the salary.

Interview Question – Question about SAE reporting regs.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had another offer that I was more interested in, had better benefits, and paid considerably more money. Quintiles would not budge on the starting salary despite what I had been told when the interview process started.

Very Easy Interview

Entry Level ACE CRA
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in May 2014.

Interview Details – The first introductory interview (.5 hours) over the phone was conducted in early May. Three days later, an hour long interview with the Line Manager in Dallas, TX. Laid back interviews. I didn't hear anything from them for a very long time (close to a month). Keep in mind, they were scheduling training for those they liked first weeks of July so they were entertaining me prematurely. Finally received an email back from another recruiter asking to schedule a video conference interview -- for the next day. I was unable to oblige for the time scheduled because I had an internship interview scheduled weeks before for my Master's program and thus the Quintiles interview was rescheduled to a later time. No new link for the video conference chat and when it came time to interview, my video chat link was a broken link despite the manager interviewing trying to resend -- I know the program worked because I used the test link prior to the interview.

I was told by this manager that I would hear back in the next few days. That turned to a 11 days even though the recruiter said I would hear back by the end of the week. I also did NOT get a phone call explaining why I was not selected for the position. I emailed the recruiter back asking why I received an email and not a phone call with an explanation. Especially given that I had carved out pieces of my day for their multiple interviews. I have a feeling that the manager didn't particularly care for me and that maybe I was a threat to her position because I didn't get any of the tough 1572, GCP/ICH, regulatory/source doc questions that others have indicated they received. I am disheartened. Sending an email is not the most professional way to communicate to someone that they did not get a position. Pick up the phone and be polite in informing your candidates on why they didn't fit your position!! And please do it in a timely manner.

Interview Question – None. I didn't get any of the 1572, GCP/ICH, regulatory questions that others indicated they had during their interview process.   Answer Question

Clinical Trials Assistant Interview

Clinical Trials Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview Details – First interview by telephone, followed by face to face interviews with 3 managers. Typical interview questions were asked, as well as extensive questions following each job and skills listed on the resume. Managers were encouraging, not judgment or arrogant. Explained the potential job and answered all my questions with detailed answers.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was the weaknesses and why are they weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotation was easy since there is a cap for the position. I was given a generous offer and only had to counter once.

Clinical Data Coordinator Interview

Clinical Data Coordinator

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview Details – Total 3 rounds of interview - 1. HR interview - asked about personal details and availability, and little of clinical trials .2, written exam - was purely logical questions test your logical skills. 3 - the technical round- was asked technical questions regarding your subject studied and database and other experiences related to clinical trial

Interview Question – what have you done out of scope   Answer Question

Entry Level ACE CRA Interview Interview

Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in May 2014.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me about the position then scheduled me for a phone interview with two hiring managers the following week. The questions were tough, and were a combination of technical and behavioral questions.
One week later, I had a video conference interview with two line managers. This interview was a bit more relaxed but still presented some pretty difficult questions about difficult situations.

Interview Question – Be prepared for technical questions (eg. What is a 1572? What is delegation of authority?). Be able to talk facts about Quintiles (eg. What do you know about Quintiles?). Be able to explain why you want to be a monitor and how that aligns with your experience. Also, practice answering behavioral interview questions. It is worth studying up on, because in behavioral interviewing they're looking for you to present your answer in a particular style.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Quintiles in September 2010.

Interview Details – A friend recommend that I applied for the position, she submitted Curriculum Vitae to the General Medicine group director. Then I was contacted and asked to meet with him and 2 other members of his team for lunch. Afterwards, I had an individual and panel interview. Then I was extended an offer.

Interview Question – What was my most difficult client situation and how did I handle it?   Answer Question