Quintiles

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.9

Medical Device Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in December 2014.

I applied on the company website. Two weeks later, I received an email from the company recruiter asking to set up an initial phone interview. We did that later in the afternoon. I received a follow-up email with instructions to watch a graphic video demonstrating how to use the medical device, to be sure I could "stomach" being in that environment. We scheduled a face-to-face interview at a hotel in a nearby city the following week. The interview went well. The recruiter described the position and the expectations, as well as the follow-up process. If selected as one of the final two candidates, they would fly me out to Atlanta to meet with the District Manager. I was told to expect a call the following day, but didn't receive one. I called the recruiter and left a message. The next day, I received an email saying I was not selected to move on with the process.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time when disagreed with you manager. What did you do about it?"   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quintiles.

The second round interviews were not too bad, but were long (45 minutes each). The cases were not math heavy and focused more on awareness of drug marketing and sales. The presentation component in the final round was odd and no seemed to actually care about it. They had to ask employees to watch the presentation and no one was very engaged. Minimal questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • As a public health student, they asked me directly "do you have a problem helping pharmaceutical companies make money?"   Answer Question

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Quintiles.

Phone screening by HR , Followed by phone interview with Hiring Manager, Followed by Face to face interview with 4-5 different people on same day. ( technical lead, direct manager and director and other qa)

Interview Questions
    • None. Everybody was really pleasant and asked questions relevant to the position   Answer Question

Associate Director of Business Development Interview

fairly easy just had to meet manager and manager's manager. An informational interview was given and previous experience wasn't necessary but was wanted since the training isn't great there.

Associate Data Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Quintiles in November 2014.

The interview process was average but I did not get the titles of everyone I met with and also during the interview process. I submitted my resume online many months prior to getting a random email to interview so I thought the company actually was not interested but I am that it all worked to my benefit.

Clinical Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in November 2014.

Referred by employee and was contacted a few days later to interview with an Associate Director. That interview went very well, mostly just conversational in style, and I felt decent about my chances moving forward. A few days later I received an email stating that I would have a WebEx interview with another Associate Director, Director, and Senior Director and to prepare a short presentation. That went okay (I thought), though the interview ended kind of weirdly and abruptly. In retrospect, I'm sure they had already made their decision not to hire me based on my lack of experience at a CRO and very little (< 6 mos.) at a pharmaceutical company. After several attempts to reach out to the recruiter for any information regarding a decision, I received an auto-email stating that I had not been accepted.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were particularly difficult. There were a few behavioral questions, but really it was either just conversation or how my experiences would be relevant to the position.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Long, torturous process directed by HR recruiting dweebs that are intent on getting you for the lowest amount of money possible. In fact, when they get someone for less than what they perceive the market value to be, they're positively gleeful. Then, as soon as that person finds a better opportunity elsewhere, they usually leave because of being under paid. Then they look at each other scratching their heads wondering what went wrong. It's comical.

Interview Questions
    • Silly and stupid behavioral interview questions. Right out of the HR textbook.   Answer Question
    Torture

Associate Director Interview

Everything went fine till the initial offer letter. I interviewed for an AD position but they gave me a Manager offer letter. Post I declined, they came back to me changing the designation to AD, however this time they removed the joining bonus component from the offer letter. I reached out to the Manager of Staffing to give me the reasons why joining bonus was not included and she kept on giving me different reasons for that on every email. She kept on reminding me that they given me a good hike and position like it was a favor. On my last email when I asked her to arrange a call with the staffing director she sent an email again with the same reasons. Nobody had the decency to even call me to clear my doubt's. It really talks a lot about the company and its leadership. And that is the only reason i declined the offer.

Really bad way of handling prospective employees queries. Avoiding simple questions as if they were hiding something. I asked why joining bonus wasn't a part of the salary and they couldn't give me a valid reason. When I asked for them to arrange a call with hr leader to understand the reasons no one had the decency to setup time and talk to me. I feel they don't believe in discussing things . worst part is I never once negotiated in salary and I just had a simple question on the joining bonus . I would avoid quintiles only on the ground of their leadership style. Really need to change how they behave with prospective and current employees .

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Quintiles.

Multiple phone screens/interviews, then flew to headquarters for face to face with several people of various levels within the company. Asked to do a brief presentation. Overall, the interview process was smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Specific details about how things were handled at my current employer   Answer Question

Went in for an AD role and they kept talking up the Senior Manager role. Felt like they wasted my time on a position they were not prepared to make an offer on. Bait and Switch.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

1. Phone Interview followed by a online screening.
    2. interview with the recrutier
    3. Final interview with the company's district manager

Overall it was about a month long process. I did not get the job, but overall was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Not very unexpected questions. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question