Quintiles Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.9

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

The process took 6 weeks, phone interview followed by assessment test, F2F with Quintiles DM, Flown to Chicago for interview with Pharma company interview with DM, Regional Manager. Initial interview was very easy basic questions. Interviews with Pharma company was a bit more difficult with many behavior based questions. Answers were often questioned with a rebuttal needed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stands out just dug into past experiences asking how you responded.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

The process was fast. Typical QA questions. Nothing hard. I interview over the phone with the hiring manager. After a week I had a face to face interview for 2 hours with 4 people. The interview was relaxing. We click right away and was a both way discussion more than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • If I would like to get hired after the contract is done.   Answer Question
    I got more than I expected

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

I applied online through indeed.com on a Sunday, received the sales inventory questionnaire on Monday, first call to set up an interview on Tuesday and had my first interview with Quintiles on Wednesday. I had two additional interviews with DSM's representing two different districts and received my job offer after the last interview. The entire process was quick and fairly easy. The interview questions were behavioral and not very difficult at all. Both interviews with the DSM's were very similar, they both pretty much asked the same questions. Not a difficult or intimidating process at all especially for someone who is new to the pharmaceutical industry.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward and behavioral; easy to pull from your past experience in any field and apply to the questions.   Answer Question
    There was absolutely no negotiation

Clinical Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Interview scheduling was quite smooth and interviewers were all very pleasant and down to earth. Overall a really great interview. The post-interview was the issue as I had to follow up for updates at which point they began inquiring about my salary requirements (which had been previously listed on my online application). Rather than make me their best offer they kept trying to get me to lower my minimum, which was quite annoying. They finally communicated that they couldn't meet my minimum so we thanked each other and I moved on.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions but did have to do a 20 minute presentation to interview panel with Q&A afterwards.   Answer Question

Lowball salary offer was quite insulting so I had to pass.

Market Intelligence Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Quintiles.

I gave my resume to a representative at my school's career fair and about a week later I received an email saying that they set up an interview date and someone would call me. I thought the interview went really well but I unfortunately was not offered the position, however my interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • All of them were the basic questions, walk me thru your resume, what can you bring to us, etc.   Answer Question

Entry Level ACE CRA Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quintiles in May 2014.

Overall, it was a very pleasurable experience interviewing with Quintiles. I first started by applying to the position on the Quintiles website. I was then contacted by a recruiter via email who asked me to complete a QA on May 4, 2014. After this I spoke to the recruiter for a phone screening and to set up my first phone interview. My phone interview was May 6, 2014 with a Operations and Line Manager. Moving forward I was then contacted for a second phone/video interview with the regional line manager and a senior CRA in my area on May 28, 2014. Each phone interview took about an hour and they were very precise and detailed. All questions asked were relating to the CRA role. I didn't receive too many personality based questions during the interviews being that those questions were asked on the QA. I received my offer June 25, 2014.

Interview Questions
    • 1)What are the roles of a CRA while working from home? 2) Which tasks do you complete at a site first if the following are occuring: -Patient needs to be source verified and is now on C3D15, -You did not meet with the physician on your last visit and need to meet with them on this one,- There are two newly registered patients beginning treatment the day you have arrived for your visit,- You need to perform drug accountability?   Answer Question
    There was no need for negotiation. The salary was within the same range I was presented with during my phone screening.

Entry Level ACE CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in May 2014.

A recruiter called me after they saw my resume online and told me I would be a great fit for the position. She completely led me on and told me they have barely anyone qualified for the position and that I was sure to get hired. She told me all of the dates of the future interviews and dates I would need to be available for corporate training.

Interview Questions
    • I had an interview with two CRA managers. Their questions were all very easy. They asked about simply items such as what are the required elements of an informed consent, what do you look for when monitoring a site, and what does a 1572 stand for.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

This company was very through with the interview. Process. It started with a phone interview and then a face to face interview. The recruiter was very friendly and accommodating with scheduling both of these interviews. Overall I rank this company highly so far and hope to be able to the Quintiles team.

Entry Level ACE CRA Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in May 2014.

A recruiter contacted me about the position then scheduled me for a phone interview with two hiring managers the following week. The questions were tough, and were a combination of technical and behavioral questions.
    One week later, I had a video conference interview with two line managers. This interview was a bit more relaxed but still presented some pretty difficult questions about difficult situations.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for technical questions (eg. What is a 1572? What is delegation of authority?). Be able to talk facts about Quintiles (eg. What do you know about Quintiles?). Be able to explain why you want to be a monitor and how that aligns with your experience. Also, practice answering behavioral interview questions. It is worth studying up on, because in behavioral interviewing they're looking for you to present your answer in a particular style.   Answer Question

Entry Level ACE CRA Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in May 2014.

After being referred by an employee, I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to fill out a screening form and formally apply for the position. About a week later I was contacted to schedule a phone interview with a manager and senior member of the CRA staff. The call lasted about an hour and was a mixture of questions with cut-and-dry answers (explain the role of the 1572 / what are the SAE reporting regulations) and behavioral questions (typical "tell me about a time when..." that are best responded to in the STAR format), along with a general discussion of the role and expectations with time for me to ask questions. About 2 weeks later I was contacted to participate in a WebEx interview with two managers (in lieu of flying to Raleigh) which was more of the same. Everyone was pleasant and kind. Less than a week later I was notified that Quintiles would like to offer the position. I requested time to make my decision since I was awaiting the outcome of another position. I felt that the actual interview process was far superior to the negotiation process, e.g., forget wanting to negotiate with these people. In the initial stages of the process, I was told of the hiring salary range (low-to-mid $$) and requested something about $2-3k more than that. Was told it shouldn't be a problem. When it came time to accept the offer, the amount was low $$ (no mid about it!) and when I brought up what I was told earlier in the process, I was shut down and told that there was no negotiating the salary.

Interview Questions

I had another offer that I was more interested in, had better benefits, and paid considerably more money. Quintiles would not budge on the starting salary despite what I had been told when the interview process started.