Quintiles Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in May 2014.

A recruiter called me after they saw my resume online and told me I would be a great fit for the position. She completely led me on and told me they have barely anyone qualified for the position and that I was sure to get hired. She told me all of the dates of the future interviews and dates I would need to be available for corporate training.

Interview Questions
    • I had an interview with two CRA managers. Their questions were all very easy. They asked about simply items such as what are the required elements of an informed consent, what do you look for when monitoring a site, and what does a 1572 stand for.   Answer Question

Entry Level ACE CRA Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in May 2014.

A recruiter contacted me about the position then scheduled me for a phone interview with two hiring managers the following week. The questions were tough, and were a combination of technical and behavioral questions.
    One week later, I had a video conference interview with two line managers. This interview was a bit more relaxed but still presented some pretty difficult questions about difficult situations.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for technical questions (eg. What is a 1572? What is delegation of authority?). Be able to talk facts about Quintiles (eg. What do you know about Quintiles?). Be able to explain why you want to be a monitor and how that aligns with your experience. Also, practice answering behavioral interview questions. It is worth studying up on, because in behavioral interviewing they're looking for you to present your answer in a particular style.   Answer Question

Entry Level ACE CRA Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in May 2014.

After being referred by an employee, I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to fill out a screening form and formally apply for the position. About a week later I was contacted to schedule a phone interview with a manager and senior member of the CRA staff. The call lasted about an hour and was a mixture of questions with cut-and-dry answers (explain the role of the 1572 / what are the SAE reporting regulations) and behavioral questions (typical "tell me about a time when..." that are best responded to in the STAR format), along with a general discussion of the role and expectations with time for me to ask questions. About 2 weeks later I was contacted to participate in a WebEx interview with two managers (in lieu of flying to Raleigh) which was more of the same. Everyone was pleasant and kind. Less than a week later I was notified that Quintiles would like to offer the position. I requested time to make my decision since I was awaiting the outcome of another position. I felt that the actual interview process was far superior to the negotiation process, e.g., forget wanting to negotiate with these people. In the initial stages of the process, I was told of the hiring salary range (low-to-mid $$) and requested something about $2-3k more than that. Was told it shouldn't be a problem. When it came time to accept the offer, the amount was low $$ (no mid about it!) and when I brought up what I was told earlier in the process, I was shut down and told that there was no negotiating the salary.

Interview Questions

I had another offer that I was more interested in, had better benefits, and paid considerably more money. Quintiles would not budge on the starting salary despite what I had been told when the interview process started.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in May 2014.

The first introductory interview (.5 hours) over the phone was conducted in early May. Three days later, an hour long interview with the Line Manager in Dallas, TX. Laid back interviews. I didn't hear anything from them for a very long time (close to a month). Keep in mind, they were scheduling training for those they liked first weeks of July so they were entertaining me prematurely. Finally received an email back from another recruiter asking to schedule a video conference interview -- for the next day. I was unable to oblige for the time scheduled because I had an internship interview scheduled weeks before for my Master's program and thus the Quintiles interview was rescheduled to a later time. No new link for the video conference chat and when it came time to interview, my video chat link was a broken link despite the manager interviewing trying to resend -- I know the program worked because I used the test link prior to the interview.

I was told by this manager that I would hear back in the next few days. That turned to a 11 days even though the recruiter said I would hear back by the end of the week. I also did NOT get a phone call explaining why I was not selected for the position. I emailed the recruiter back asking why I received an email and not a phone call with an explanation. Especially given that I had carved out pieces of my day for their multiple interviews. I have a feeling that the manager didn't particularly care for me and that maybe I was a threat to her position because I didn't get any of the tough 1572, GCP/ICH, regulatory/source doc questions that others have indicated they received. I am disheartened. Sending an email is not the most professional way to communicate to someone that they did not get a position. Pick up the phone and be polite in informing your candidates on why they didn't fit your position!! And please do it in a timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • None. I didn't get any of the 1572, GCP/ICH, regulatory questions that others indicated they had during their interview process.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

This company was very through with the interview. Process. It started with a phone interview and then a face to face interview. The recruiter was very friendly and accommodating with scheduling both of these interviews. Overall I rank this company highly so far and hope to be able to the Quintiles team.

Project Manager Interview

It was a good experience, professional team. General questions on project management, customer experience, handling tough client expectations and requirements management.
    HR responsive to emails. Interview panel was a good mix of associate, senior and mid-level project managers.

CRA Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Quintiles.

Was first interviewed by an agency. Was very straight forward. They asked me about my experience as it relates to this field. Second part was a bit tricky.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you got to a site and they told you they didn't have time for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in April 2014.

I had two interviews with Quintiles to be part of a contracted sales team for a pharmaceutical company. The interview with Quintiles went great. Then I met with the pharmaceutical company's hiring managers. The first interview with them went well but the second interview with the territory manager did not. I felt Quintiles could have prepared me for what the interviews would be like. It was all behavioral questions and I was led to believe that I should prepare a presentation which they didn't even ask for.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles.

First was a phone interview. This was followed by a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. After that, candidates were selected to interview with both the Quintiles manager and the manager from the company with whom the position is being contracted. After that, it was the next day or so to hear back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember the most difficult question. Definitely be able to answer why you want the position and do your research on the company with whom the contract will be partnering. Make sure to have documentation of your successes.   Answer Question

Senior Clinical Research Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles.

I first received a call from a recruiter at Quintiles and had a quick phone screen. Soon after I had a telephone interview. About a day later I received an email indicating I had to take an assessment either by phone or online (no choice on which one). Thank fully I was able to do it online. It was an IQ based questionnaire. Later I received an invitation to interview in person (so I must have passed their little exam?). The in house interview was with 3 people, all in the same room. Pretty standard interview.

Interview Questions
    • The phone screen asked questions such as, "What can be found in a regulatory binder?" What would you do if you came to a site and no one was there?" The actual in person interview asked the typical behavioral questions, "tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult site, what did you do?"   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, but I should have. I recently learned Quintiles pays their employees the least for the amount of travel that is expected. The best route to go is as a contractor, if you can find one.