Quintiles Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Senior Director Interview

Interview

Long, torturous process directed by HR recruiting dweebs that are intent on getting you for the lowest amount of money possible. In fact, when they get someone for less than what they perceive the market value to be, they're positively gleeful. Then, as soon as that person finds a better opportunity elsewhere, they usually leave because of being under paid. Then they look at each other scratching their heads wondering what went wrong. It's comical.

Interview Questions

• Silly and stupid behavioral interview questions. Right out of the HR textbook.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Torture

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quintiles (Durham, NC).

Interview

Multiple phone screens/interviews, then flew to headquarters for face to face with several people of various levels within the company. Asked to do a brief presentation. Overall, the interview process was smooth.

Interview Questions

• Specific details about how things were handled at my current employer   Answer Question

Went in for an AD role and they kept talking up the Senior Manager role. Felt like they wasted my time on a position they were not prepared to make an offer on. Bait and Switch.

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Everything went fine till the initial offer letter. I interviewed for an AD position but they gave me a Manager offer letter. Post I declined, they came back to me changing the designation to AD, however this time they removed the joining bonus component from the offer letter. I reached out to the Manager of Staffing to give me the reasons why joining bonus was not included and she kept on giving me different reasons for that on every email. She kept on reminding me that they given me a good hike and position like it was a favor. On my last email when I asked her to arrange a call with the staffing director she sent an email again with the same reasons. Nobody had the decency to even call me to clear my doubt's. It really talks a lot about the company and its leadership. And that is the only reason i declined the offer.

Really bad way of handling prospective employees queries. Avoiding simple questions as if they were hiding something. I asked why joining bonus wasn't a part of the salary and they couldn't give me a valid reason. When I asked for them to arrange a call with hr leader to understand the reasons no one had the decency to setup time and talk to me. I feel they don't believe in discussing things . worst part is I never once negotiated in salary and I just had a simple question on the joining bonus . I would avoid quintiles only on the ground of their leadership style. Really need to change how they behave with prospective and current employees .

Interview

1. Phone Interview followed by a online screening.
    2. interview with the recrutier
    3. Final interview with the company's district manager

Overall it was about a month long process. I did not get the job, but overall was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Not very unexpected questions. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles (Raleigh, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Brief phone screen followed by a face-to-face where I was asked to prepare a 20 min presentation. Unprofessional at interview, arrogant and condescending. Complete waste of my time, I traveled and spent night in a hotel. I would not want to work for an elitist group like this. Very narrow vision of who fits their profile for success and unwilling to adequately train.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a PI who could or would not recruit patients   2 Answers

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter about two weeks after applying through an employee referral. After initial phone screening to find out more about your background and resume, I was moved forward to the second round of interviews. The second round of interviews consisted of two separate interviews--the first with the regional manager of Quintiles that lasted about an hour and the second one was with the regional sales director of Takeda (since this was the company Quintiles is partnering under this contract), that lasted about 30 mins. They do not like to waste time, so I heard back from them the next day with the results.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions (i.e. Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult coworker, Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone to view your opinion or change their mind). Also what is your greatest strength and weakness, as well as why you want to be in pharmaceutical sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, there is already a set base salary.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview

Was a very quick process. Contacted a little less than 2 weeks after application.
    Initial interview on the phone, followed by a basic online assessment
    Got emailed like a week and half later for round 2 interview
    Round 2 interview in person - basic behavioral questions, laid back, nothing out of the ordinary
    Got called 1.5 weeks later for final round interview
    Final interview with DSM, pretty much same questions, behavioral.

It was an average interview process, and good interview practice. The other candidate had much more sales experience than my fresh out of college self.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Senior CRA Interview

Interview

Applied online,the process took two weeks.The recruiter does not return calls or reply email.Two phone interview followed by video interview.Filled out assessment form.technical questions on CRA jobs.great experience,I learnt a lot too.

Interview Questions

• What will you handle a difficult PI   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quintiles.

Interview

Applied online, received call from recruiter phone interview, inventory assessment, and face to face. face to face very comfortable format one on one. All the basic interview quesitons going over your experience and behavioral questions. Use prior experience from my back ground in sales to answer questions.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied on line and phone interview by the HR person. I was not sure based on what I have communicated, Quintiles would be interested on a follow up. However, to my surprise, I was called in for a F2F interview.

Lasted 3 hours - 1st 30 minutes with hiring manager, followed by an hour with a panel of managers (3) who are peers to the hiring manager, followed by an hour with a panel of direct reports (3) to the hiring manager and a final 30 minutes with the hiring manager again.

Mostly PM skills based questions and general interview questions.

1. Tell me a time you had a conflict with someone at work and how did you handle it?
    2. Experience working with offshore outsourced teams
    3. Strengths and weakness.
    4. What are you bringing to the table that will complement the skills of the team
    5. What challenges you will face doing this job
    6. What do you think the easy part of this job
    7. Why are you leaving the current job

Unfortunately I was not really prepared when I went for the interview and do not believe I impressed the panels. I was told I would hear back in couple of weeks since they have few more candidates to vet.

So have not heard from them but not counting on this.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the easy part of this job? This was asked by the hiring manager at the end. I wish I had asked this question to the folks who interviewed me before so that I could have framed my answer better.   Answer Question