Quintiles

Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Clinical Research Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in August 2013.

Interview Details – Learned the position from internet job search site, and then applied the position online.
The recruiter contacted me about 4 weeks later via e-mail, and scheduled a 30 min phone interview within a week. After the phone interview, i completed a personality test online.

Phone interview was rescheduled, and recruiter even called one hour later than scheduled time.

Interview Question – - Typical HR questions such as why do you want to work at Quintiles.
- working experience at home,
- previous monitoring experience such as therapeutic areas and etc.
  Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Kansas City, MO

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview Details – I came in for a panel interview and never heard a word about the job. The HR rep had told me after the interview that they were hiring for temp positions through the same temp agency I was currently working for. After I didn't hear for a couple of weeks about my interview results, I called her and asked for a temp position. When I showed up for my first day as a temp, I realized it was in the same department I had interviewed in. They recognized me from my interview and offered me the position on my second day as a temp.

Interview Question – They asked general questions about my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was different than normal because I was working there as a temp. The hiring manager sat me down in her office and made the offer. I accepted right away. I was happy with the salary so did not negotiate.

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in September 2013.

Interview Details – The entire process was incredibly disorganized and unprofessional - with countless reschedules and two missed meetings by the recruiter. I was referred to the Consulting practice through a current employee, but not for a specific job opening. The recruiter contacted me a few weeks later via email, expressing strong interest in my background and noted they were looking to hire Consultants within the Pharma/Healthcare industry. I responded 2 weeks later and we set up a preliminary phone interview for the following week. The recruiter had to reschedule the interview for the following week, and it was a very easy and straightforward 30-minute phone call.

She informed me at the end of the call that I seemed like a perfect candidate for their R&D/clinical Consulting group, and that she would schedule a round of phone interviews with hiring managers within the practice the following week. That round of interviews was postponed about 2-3 times due to scheduling conflicts on the recruiter's end, and we finally confirmed a date and time for the first interview exactly 4 weeks after she initially contacted me. About 2 minutes before the interview, the recruiter contacted me that she would like to speak to me about some changes prior to moving forward, even though my call was scheduled at that time. She called me one HOUR after the "scheduled phone interview" (which they missed with no apologies or explanation), to ask me if I would be willing to relocate to New York. One of the first discussions we held was centered around the fact that I hoped to minimize my necessary travel and stay based in my home location. After I told her I would be unable to relocate right away, but would be open to possible relocation after some time, she informed me that the leadership had changed their strategic objectives and wanted to hire only local individuals. At that point, she said if things should change in the future, to contact her again. No explanation as to what happened with the allegedly scheduled phone interview with the R&D/Clinical Ops Hiring Manager.

Interview Question – None - the recruiter had done her research and read through my CV and resume, so the first 2 calls were primarily focused on her describing the opportunities at Quintiles.   Answer Question

Senior Clinical Trials Assistant Interview

Senior Clinical Trials Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview Details – Applied online through the quintiles website. received a phone call which was the initial phone interview. no scheduling, was just done right then and there. This consisted of basic interview questions, "why do you want to work here", "what are your strengths/weaknesses", etc. Then was called back a week later for a F2F interview. 2 managers were present.. also asked a lot of the same basic interview questions as in phone interview. none were particularly difficult.

Interview Question – Describe an instance in a job you have had where you disagreed with your manager and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate.

Associate Lab Set-up Manager Interview

Associate Lab Set-up Manager
Marietta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Quintiles in August 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted me for an interview within a week of my application submission.

Interview Question – Pretty typical questions.   Answer Question

CRA Line Manager Interview

CRA Line Manager

Interviewed at Quintiles

Interview Details – Hiring via phone interviews, Face to Face. From time of submission of application to time of hire ~ 4 months.

Interview Question – None. Behavioral Situation questions where real life examples are expected.   Answer Question

Lab Ops Interview

Lab Ops
Manassas, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Quintiles in June 2012.

Interview Details – speak with the director in the beginning and the end, two project managers, and one or two people from the department you are applying for.

a facilities tour

Interview Question – why are you applying for this position?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with Quintiles DM, followed by in person interview with Quintiles DM, Pharmaceutical client company DM, and current territory Rep. Wait period then job offer.

Interview Question – Talk me through your resume, why you, explain gap in time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
North Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Quintiles in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by five Project Managers at once. They were not unfriendly but they did not put me at ease to purposefully test my skills in that situation.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was a new field for me after 15 years in the Lab field, I did not know what to expect and did not negotiate.

BI Manager Interview

BI Manager
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online and interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview Details – Initial communication included Human Resource and hiring manager review of submitted resume. Contacted by Human Resources for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which went well, basic questions, review of experience. Follow-up day of face to face interviews with hiring manager, one other manager and Human Resources.Typical questions regarding real work experiences, difficult challenges and job expectations.

Interview Question – Typical questions about real work experiences, asked to recount specific challenges and how I worked them out. No surprise questions.   Answer Question