Quintiles

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.9

Patient Advocate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quintiles in December 2013.

The hiring process was quite lengthy. I started with a half hour phone screening interview with a recruiter. They invited me to fly to Chicago, where I interviewed with another recruiting manager, as well as a director for the client. Both of these interviews were one-on-one and about an hour long. About a week later, I received a call saying they had not yet made a decision. Due to the timing, I had to wait until after the holidays for the next steps. They invited me back to Chicago for another interview. This interview was in a panel format with 3 people. The interview lasted about 1 hr 15 minutes. I heard back a week later they I had not been offered this position but they had another interview that they were interested in having me interview for. So, I flew back to Chicago for another interview, where they also told me that I was the top candidate and would be interviewing against one other person. This interview was another panel with the VP of Quintiles, and 3 other people from the client. This interview lasted about 30 minutes. I found out a few days later, by email, that they had decided to to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • All interviews consisted of going through resume in great detail. I was also asked some behavioral questions in the 2nd interview. In the final interview, they asked 2 simple questions. I also conducted a presentations in all three 3 interviews.   View Answers (3)

Associate Director Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Quintiles in December 2013.

First interview was on the phone with an internal recruiter. It took 2 weeks for the first interview with the hiring manager and 3 weeks after that for an interview with the VP. Very little communication from the recruiter during the process and I actually didn't think I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    They met my requested salary requirements!

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Quintiles.

Was interview on the phone then transitioned to phase two, which was in person with 2 project managers.

very easy

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Quintiles.

I came in for a panel interview and never heard a word about the job. The HR rep had told me after the interview that they were hiring for temp positions through the same temp agency I was currently working for. After I didn't hear for a couple of weeks about my interview results, I called her and asked for a temp position. When I showed up for my first day as a temp, I realized it was in the same department I had interviewed in. They recognized me from my interview and offered me the position on my second day as a temp.

Interview Questions
    It was different than normal because I was working there as a temp. The hiring manager sat me down in her office and made the offer. I accepted right away. I was happy with the salary so did not negotiate.

Product Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in November 2013.

Interview was established through online application. I received a phone call for a general informational interview a few weeks before my scheduled, in-person interview. The phone call lasted about 15 minutes, and we talked about general topics regarding the available positions. The in person interview consisted of a general behavioral interview, as well as a case-based interview. They were standard questions. There was one additional interview round that I did not make.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel working for the "bad guy" of the industry   Answer Question

Senior Clinical Trials Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles.

Applied online through the quintiles website. received a phone call which was the initial phone interview. no scheduling, was just done right then and there. This consisted of basic interview questions, "why do you want to work here", "what are your strengths/weaknesses", etc. Then was called back a week later for a F2F interview. 2 managers were present.. also asked a lot of the same basic interview questions as in phone interview. none were particularly difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance in a job you have had where you disagreed with your manager and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    did not negotiate.

CRA Line Manager Interview

Hiring via phone interviews, Face to Face. From time of submission of application to time of hire ~ 4 months.

Interview Questions
    • None. Behavioral Situation questions where real life examples are expected.   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in September 2013.

The entire process was incredibly disorganized and unprofessional - with countless reschedules and two missed meetings by the recruiter. I was referred to the Consulting practice through a current employee, but not for a specific job opening. The recruiter contacted me a few weeks later via email, expressing strong interest in my background and noted they were looking to hire Consultants within the Pharma/Healthcare industry. I responded 2 weeks later and we set up a preliminary phone interview for the following week. The recruiter had to reschedule the interview for the following week, and it was a very easy and straightforward 30-minute phone call.

She informed me at the end of the call that I seemed like a perfect candidate for their R&D/clinical Consulting group, and that she would schedule a round of phone interviews with hiring managers within the practice the following week. That round of interviews was postponed about 2-3 times due to scheduling conflicts on the recruiter's end, and we finally confirmed a date and time for the first interview exactly 4 weeks after she initially contacted me. About 2 minutes before the interview, the recruiter contacted me that she would like to speak to me about some changes prior to moving forward, even though my call was scheduled at that time. She called me one HOUR after the "scheduled phone interview" (which they missed with no apologies or explanation), to ask me if I would be willing to relocate to New York. One of the first discussions we held was centered around the fact that I hoped to minimize my necessary travel and stay based in my home location. After I told her I would be unable to relocate right away, but would be open to possible relocation after some time, she informed me that the leadership had changed their strategic objectives and wanted to hire only local individuals. At that point, she said if things should change in the future, to contact her again. No explanation as to what happened with the allegedly scheduled phone interview with the R&D/Clinical Ops Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions
    • None - the recruiter had done her research and read through my CV and resume, so the first 2 calls were primarily focused on her describing the opportunities at Quintiles.   Answer Question

Clinical Fiels Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quintiles in September 2013.

Two panel interview: One with contract company personnel, a Second with Quintiles future manager and contract company sales director.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do to ensure access to "No see physicians"?   View Answer
    • How will you handle constant rejection because our disease state is so rare, they (doctors) may brush you off and say, "We're never going to see it."   View Answer
    Salary was not negotiable, as was the car allowance ($650/month) plus gas card, and phone reimbursement. Territory was well defined. The parent contract company is an established Biotech company with a Rare Disease Business Unit. Consider the experience, and added quality to the resume. Biotech appears to be the future as Big Pharma. downsizes.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Quintiles.

Initial phone interview with Quintiles DM, followed by in person interview with Quintiles DM, Pharmaceutical client company DM, and current territory Rep. Wait period then job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Talk me through your resume, why you, explain gap in time.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate.