Quintiles

164 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

CRA I Interview

CRA I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in April 2013.

Interview Details – I completed a phone interview with recruiter then with two managers

Manager Interview

Manager
Durham, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was too long, I had to go in at least 10 times over a month and a half, plus I had 5 phone interviews. Then, when I was given the offer, there was no room for negotiation on my end.

Once hired, I eagerly attended orientation and took all classes online required of new employees. Those were great, but my manager and their manager took little interest in welcoming me to the team or helping me learn about the company. Besides a passing, we'll spend time together soon, I ultimately learned what I could by asking my colleagues and others in the business.

Interview Question – I haven't had a job for less than two years, but was asked why my resume was so "flighty." In the field I come from, most employees change jobs every 18 months and I well exceed those parameters and expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You get what you're offered and they duck behind "company policy" or "equity in the team" during negotiations

CRA Interview

CRA

Interviewed at Quintiles

Interview Details – Two phone interviews and then flown out to NC for an in person interview with the two managers.

Interview Question – How would you handle a provider who was not following the protocol   View Answer

Nurse Educator Interview

Nurse Educator
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in February 2013.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview, which was very helpful for a potential employee to learn more about the job before investing time and money to interview. Then I was flown to Chicago for a face to face interview with Quintiles, and then forwarded on to a second interview the same day with another Quintiles representative and a member of the pharma company I would be doing work for. Very organized process.

Interview Question – I had to prepare a 5 minute patient education presentation. I was asked how I motivate patients.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating. the job was offered and I accepted.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative
Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Quintiles in March 2009.

Interview Details – My boss did the screening and first interview and then he forwarded me to host company's GM and RM. it was a long process but pretty quick once I interviewed with all parties. The questions were standard pharma ones and they seems easier than a direct hire since we were brought on for a year just to support a product launch

Interview Question – I truly cannot recall as it has been awhile. Usually name you're biggest weakness or biggest challenge is always the toughest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted offer as is

Human Resources Systems Specialist II Interview

Human Resources Systems Specialist II
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Quintiles in December 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact via the recruiter to meet the hiring manager face to face for a brief 30-45 min. Three weeks passed and was emailed again by a recruiter and then called by an admin to schedule 2 face to face interviews (hiring manager & a colleague currently in the position) and three phone interviews. It was a learning experience.

Interview Question – How would you manage your manager?   Answer Question

Director, Human Resources Interview

Director, Human Resources

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview Details – The initial contact was via e-mail followed by a phone interview. Great interviewer, very motivated to send my resume to the hiring manager. Because the interviewer's boss was coming to the job location, he will interview me in person instead of the hiring manager. The interview took place at his hotel restaurant at dinner time. Not the best environment to conduct an interview. He was eating while I was speaking (I order soda only), he was unprepared and asked questions unrelated to the job. What a disappointment, this is the person that is giving feedback to the hiring manager and will decide for a go or no go. I asked myself; are interviewers really prepared to ask the right questions, those "relevant" to the position? I look for opinions here based on your experiences.

Interview Question – I lived in NJ for 20 years and moved to MA 5 years ago. Five times he asked the same: do you like MA more than NJ? why? The position I interviewed for is based in MA, the company has no locations in NJ. I did not know how my answer be rated, so I gave him neutral comments. Three times he asked me: what would I do the first day at work? Five times he told me that his meal was good. Technically this is not a question, but demonstrates how unprepared and distracted this senior executive was.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in March 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring was quick and easy. They tried to adjust to my time constraints and scheduled all the phases of the interview in 2 days. 2 rounds of Phone interview followed by 2 rounds in person. The interview did not involve any long technical discussion and was more oriented towards seeing the caliber and attitude.

Interview Question – How would you handle team conflict   View Answer

Sales Force Effectiveness Intern Interview

Sales Force Effectiveness Intern

Interviewed at Quintiles

Interview Details – Online resume drop, phone interview, then in person interview.

Interview Question – What is your biggest Weakness?   Answer Question

Associate Data Team Lead Interview

Associate Data Team Lead
Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in January 2012.

Interview Details – Overall, it was disorganized and disjointed. I went through a recruiter and had an initial phone interview that I thought went well, but only one of the two managers bothered to call in. I was called several weeks later to schedule a face to face interview by a department administrative assistant who said she would follow-up with an email. This was right before Christmas and I did not hear from her from her for days so I became worried that I had I been forgotten. My recruiter had to chase down the department director to get confirmation of the interview.

Three managers and director interviewed me at the same time, but no agenda was provided so I did not know who I was interviewing with beforehand. Once manager did not have a copy of my resume and also asked me a question using Quintiles specific terminology, which caused a moment of confusion. Most questions were behavior based "Tell me about a time when you ..." with few technical questions even though the position requires a lot of technical knowledge. The responsibilities of the position described in the phone interview differed significantly from description provided in the face to face and the job description. I got an email the next day saying that I did not get job, but they then sent another email 10 days later to tell me I didn't get the job again.

Interview Question – In your current position, how are you working to reach your individual and company development goals?   View Answer