Quintiles Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com on a Sunday, received the sales inventory questionnaire on Monday, first call to set up an interview on Tuesday and had my first interview with Quintiles on Wednesday. I had two additional interviews with DSM's representing two different districts and received my job offer after the last interview. The entire process was quick and fairly easy. The interview questions were behavioral and not very difficult at all. Both interviews with the DSM's were very similar, they both pretty much asked the same questions. Not a difficult or intimidating process at all especially for someone who is new to the pharmaceutical industry.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very straight forward and behavioral; easy to pull from your past experience in any field and apply to the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was absolutely no negotiation

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Interview

Interview scheduling was quite smooth and interviewers were all very pleasant and down to earth. Overall a really great interview. The post-interview was the issue as I had to follow up for updates at which point they began inquiring about my salary requirements (which had been previously listed on my online application). Rather than make me their best offer they kept trying to get me to lower my minimum, which was quite annoying. They finally communicated that they couldn't meet my minimum so we thanked each other and I moved on.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions but did have to do a 20 minute presentation to interview panel with Q&A afterwards.   Answer Question

Lowball salary offer was quite insulting so I had to pass.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Interview

The process was fast. Typical QA questions. Nothing hard. I interview over the phone with the hiring manager. After a week I had a face to face interview for 2 hours with 4 people. The interview was relaxing. We click right away and was a both way discussion more than an interview.

Interview Questions

• If I would like to get hired after the contract is done.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got more than I expected

Market Intelligence Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview

I gave my resume to a representative at my school's career fair and about a week later I received an email saying that they set up an interview date and someone would call me. I thought the interview went really well but I unfortunately was not offered the position, however my interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• All of them were the basic questions, walk me thru your resume, what can you bring to us, etc.   Answer Question

Entry Level ACE CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quintiles (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

A recruiter called me after they saw my resume online and told me I would be a great fit for the position. She completely led me on and told me they have barely anyone qualified for the position and that I was sure to get hired. She told me all of the dates of the future interviews and dates I would need to be available for corporate training.

Interview Questions

• I had an interview with two CRA managers. Their questions were all very easy. They asked about simply items such as what are the required elements of an informed consent, what do you look for when monitoring a site, and what does a 1572 stand for.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Quintiles in May 2014.

Interview

Overall, it was a very pleasurable experience interviewing with Quintiles. I first started by applying to the position on the Quintiles website. I was then contacted by a recruiter via email who asked me to complete a QA on May 4, 2014. After this I spoke to the recruiter for a phone screening and to set up my first phone interview. My phone interview was May 6, 2014 with a Operations and Line Manager. Moving forward I was then contacted for a second phone/video interview with the regional line manager and a senior CRA in my area on May 28, 2014. Each phone interview took about an hour and they were very precise and detailed. All questions asked were relating to the CRA role. I didn't receive too many personality based questions during the interviews being that those questions were asked on the QA. I received my offer June 25, 2014.

Interview Questions

• 1)What are the roles of a CRA while working from home? 2) Which tasks do you complete at a site first if the following are occuring: -Patient needs to be source verified and is now on C3D15, -You did not meet with the physician on your last visit and need to meet with them on this one,- There are two newly registered patients beginning treatment the day you have arrived for your visit,- You need to perform drug accountability?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no need for negotiation. The salary was within the same range I was presented with during my phone screening.

Entry Level ACE CRA Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quintiles (Columbia, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about the position then scheduled me for a phone interview with two hiring managers the following week. The questions were tough, and were a combination of technical and behavioral questions. One week later, I had a video conference interview with two line managers. This interview was a bit more relaxed but still presented some pretty difficult questions about difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for technical questions (eg. What is a 1572? What is delegation of authority?). Be able to talk facts about Quintiles (eg. What do you know about Quintiles?). Be able to explain why you want to be a monitor and how that aligns with your experience. Also, practice answering behavioral interview questions. It is worth studying up on, because in behavioral interviewing they're looking for you to present your answer in a particular style.   Answer Question

Interview

This company was very through with the interview. Process. It started with a phone interview and then a face to face interview. The recruiter was very friendly and accommodating with scheduling both of these interviews. Overall I rank this company highly so far and hope to be able to the Quintiles team.

Entry Level ACE CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Quintiles (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

The first introductory interview (.5 hours) over the phone was conducted in early May. Three days later, an hour long interview with the Line Manager in Dallas, TX. Laid back interviews. I didn't hear anything from them for a very long time (close to a month). Keep in mind, they were scheduling training for those they liked first weeks of July so they were entertaining me prematurely. Finally received an email back from another recruiter asking to schedule a video conference interview -- for the next day. I was unable to oblige for the time scheduled because I had an internship interview scheduled weeks before for my Master's program and thus the Quintiles interview was rescheduled to a later time. No new link for the video conference chat and when it came time to interview, my video chat link was a broken link despite the manager interviewing trying to resend -- I know the program worked because I used the test link prior to the interview. I was told by this manager that I would hear back in the next few days. That turned to a 11 days even though the recruiter said I would hear back by the end of the week. I also did NOT get a phone call explaining why I was not selected for the position. I emailed the recruiter back asking why I received an email and not a phone call with an explanation. Especially given that I had carved out pieces of my day for their multiple interviews. I have a feeling that the manager didn't particularly care for me and that maybe I was a threat to her position because I didn't get any of the tough 1572, GCP/ICH, regulatory/source doc questions that others have indicated they received. I am disheartened. Sending an email is not the most professional way to communicate to someone that they did not get a position. Pick up the phone and be polite in informing your candidates on why they didn't fit your position!! And please do it in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• None. I didn't get any of the 1572, GCP/ICH, regulatory questions that others indicated they had during their interview process.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

It was a good experience, professional team. General questions on project management, customer experience, handling tough client expectations and requirements management. HR responsive to emails. Interview panel was a good mix of associate, senior and mid-level project managers.