Quintiles

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
White Plains, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Quintiles in February 2013.

Interview Details – A classmate from grad school submitted my cv to the 2 main HR reps in the NY office. They asked me to fill out a form stating my accomplishments, previous jobs, etc. Basically it was Quintiles' candidate form that HR was going to present to internal leadership to determine what role I should come in and interview at. Then I had a phone call, which was schedule 3 months later. Not even joking - 3 MONTHS later.

Interview Question – I was not asked any difficult questions - I don't think most of the team was prepared to interview me (read - had never seen my resume or did not know about my candidacy or anything). I did have to create a presentation before coming that I gave to a group of 8 people (topic related to health).   Answer Question

Clinical Team Leader Interview

Clinical Team Leader
Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in March 2009.

Interview Details – had 4 offers from other companies before heard anything back from Quintiles, I had to contact HR recruiter to find out if they were going to make an offer or not

Interview Question – what was your most challenging experience that ended in failure, what did you do, and what did you learn   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much room to negotiate PTO or salary. Quintiles admits they are not the most competitive salary in the industry but they tell you that they have better employee benefits and work-life balance - however, employee benefits have been decreased over the past 2 years (and no better than other companies) and there is no such thing as work-life balance. It is only work-work balance. Should have taken the higher paying offers!

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Clinical Research Associate
Parsippany, NJ

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Quintiles in June 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a CRA position at Quintiles in June. I was interviewed by the Director of the department. The interview went well, however, noticed as I was leaving the premises that employees looked unhappy and overworked. One of the CTAs desk looked like a battlefield.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I took it upon myself to ask an employee whether they enjoyed working at Quintiles and the department. The group responded unanimously "NO". She went on to say that Quintiles does not provide fair promotions and keep you on a position for years (5+). The clinical department does not like to hire from within and rather go to outside agencies and/or candidates to fill a position. I was taken back by many other comments I rather not say. I prefer to work with a company that provides fair and equal promotions to everyone, hence I turned down the position. I was glad I went on to another interview and hired within 2 weeks with a BIGGER company.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Quintiles? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quintiles interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Quintiles employees and interview candidates.