Quintiles

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Interview Details – The process took 6 weeks, phone interview followed by assessment test, F2F with Quintiles DM, Flown to Chicago for interview with Pharma company interview with DM, Regional Manager. Initial interview was very easy basic questions. Interviews with Pharma company was a bit more difficult with many behavior based questions. Answers were often questioned with a rebuttal needed.

Interview Question – Nothing stands out just dug into past experiences asking how you responded.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available

Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Interview Details – Initial 30 min phone call about the opportunity, next an hour phone interview, followed a sales aptitude test then by a F2F with the staffing manager and finally flown out to Atlanta where I had 2 rounds of interviews. Received call with offer about a week later.

Interview Question – All questions were STAR questions and behavior based. Describe a time when you... Etc most difficult question was probably describe a time when you failed and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with third party hiring company, then online assessment followed by face to face with DM. Then took a flight to North Carolina for F2F with Quintiles DM and contracted companies DM.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, very straight forward pharma interview.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Quintiles

Interview Details – This company was very through with the interview. Process. It started with a phone interview and then a face to face interview. The recruiter was very friendly and accommodating with scheduling both of these interviews. Overall I rank this company highly so far and hope to be able to the Quintiles team.

Interview Question – How do you define respect.   Answer Question

North Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had two interviews with Quintiles to be part of a contracted sales team for a pharmaceutical company. The interview with Quintiles went great. Then I met with the pharmaceutical company's hiring managers. The first interview with them went well but the second interview with the territory manager did not. I felt Quintiles could have prepared me for what the interviews would be like. It was all behavioral questions and I was led to believe that I should prepare a presentation which they didn't even ask for.

Interview Question – Lots of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in August 2010.

Interview Details – Normal face to face with DM. Same old questions and answers. Since there are still so many pharmaceutical reps still out of work from the massive layoffs over the last decade, be prepared for fighting it out with many many other reps. As always, it's who you know.....not always who you are unfortunately.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview Details – First was a phone interview. This was followed by a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. After that, candidates were selected to interview with both the Quintiles manager and the manager from the company with whom the position is being contracted. After that, it was the next day or so to hear back with an offer.

Interview Question – I do not remember the most difficult question. Definitely be able to answer why you want the position and do your research on the company with whom the contract will be partnering. Make sure to have documentation of your successes.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with Quintiles DM, followed by in person interview with Quintiles DM, Pharmaceutical client company DM, and current territory Rep. Wait period then job offer.

Interview Question – Talk me through your resume, why you, explain gap in time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Quintiles in March 2009.

Interview Details – My boss did the screening and first interview and then he forwarded me to host company's GM and RM. it was a long process but pretty quick once I interviewed with all parties. The questions were standard pharma ones and they seems easier than a direct hire since we were brought on for a year just to support a product launch

Interview Question – I truly cannot recall as it has been awhile. Usually name you're biggest weakness or biggest challenge is always the toughest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted offer as is

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Quintiles in February 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by Human Resources to schedule a personality test on the phone and then had a 1 on1 interview with Quintiles manager and was passed on to interview 1 on 1 with another manager. I was not contacted after that. Second interview was the usual why should I hire you?

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quintiles

Worked for Quintiles? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quintiles Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Quintiles employees and interview candidates.