Quintiles Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in March 2012.

First, a phone screen, then, I interviewed in person with a Quintiles manager. If you pass, you'll interview with Quintiles client. For Janssen, it was first a panel interview (2 managers and HR), then with the Business Unit Director. If you pass, the final interview will be with the VP.

Other Interview Reviews for Quintiles

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Quintiles.

Initial phone interview with Quintiles DM, followed by in person interview with Quintiles DM, Pharmaceutical client company DM, and current territory Rep. Wait period then job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Talk me through your resume, why you, explain gap in time.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles.

First was a phone interview. This was followed by a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. After that, candidates were selected to interview with both the Quintiles manager and the manager from the company with whom the position is being contracted. After that, it was the next day or so to hear back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember the most difficult question. Definitely be able to answer why you want the position and do your research on the company with whom the contract will be partnering. Make sure to have documentation of your successes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in August 2010.

Normal face to face with DM. Same old questions and answers. Since there are still so many pharmaceutical reps still out of work from the massive layoffs over the last decade, be prepared for fighting it out with many many other reps. As always, it's who you know.....not always who you are unfortunately.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Quintiles in January 2008.

This was a pretty normal interview process and it took an average amount of time for it to unfold itself. I think that it was professionally conducted from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where a doctor cancels last second before a lunch and learn?   View Answers (2)
    Not much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Quintiles in February 2012.

Was contacted by Human Resources to schedule a personality test on the phone and then had a 1 on1 interview with Quintiles manager and was passed on to interview 1 on 1 with another manager. I was not contacted after that. Second interview was the usual why should I hire you?

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in February 2012.

phone screen and face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • what would you do that was above and beyond your work scope?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in January 2013.

Phone Interview with third party hiring company, then online assessment followed by face to face with DM. Then took a flight to North Carolina for F2F with Quintiles DM and contracted companies DM.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, very straight forward pharma interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Initial 30 min phone call about the opportunity, next an hour phone interview, followed a sales aptitude test then by a F2F with the staffing manager and finally flown out to Atlanta where I had 2 rounds of interviews. Received call with offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were STAR questions and behavior based. Describe a time when you... Etc most difficult question was probably describe a time when you failed and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

The process took 6 weeks, phone interview followed by assessment test, F2F with Quintiles DM, Flown to Chicago for interview with Pharma company interview with DM, Regional Manager. Initial interview was very easy basic questions. Interviews with Pharma company was a bit more difficult with many behavior based questions. Answers were often questioned with a rebuttal needed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stands out just dug into past experiences asking how you responded.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available

Worked for Quintiles? Contribute to the Community!