Quintiles

Quintiles Principal Consultant Interview Questions

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in September 2013.

The entire process was incredibly disorganized and unprofessional - with countless reschedules and two missed meetings by the recruiter. I was referred to the Consulting practice through a current employee, but not for a specific job opening. The recruiter contacted me a few weeks later via email, expressing strong interest in my background and noted they were looking to hire Consultants within the Pharma/Healthcare industry. I responded 2 weeks later and we set up a preliminary phone interview for the following week. The recruiter had to reschedule the interview for the following week, and it was a very easy and straightforward 30-minute phone call.

She informed me at the end of the call that I seemed like a perfect candidate for their R&D/clinical Consulting group, and that she would schedule a round of phone interviews with hiring managers within the practice the following week. That round of interviews was postponed about 2-3 times due to scheduling conflicts on the recruiter's end, and we finally confirmed a date and time for the first interview exactly 4 weeks after she initially contacted me. About 2 minutes before the interview, the recruiter contacted me that she would like to speak to me about some changes prior to moving forward, even though my call was scheduled at that time. She called me one HOUR after the "scheduled phone interview" (which they missed with no apologies or explanation), to ask me if I would be willing to relocate to New York. One of the first discussions we held was centered around the fact that I hoped to minimize my necessary travel and stay based in my home location. After I told her I would be unable to relocate right away, but would be open to possible relocation after some time, she informed me that the leadership had changed their strategic objectives and wanted to hire only local individuals. At that point, she said if things should change in the future, to contact her again. No explanation as to what happened with the allegedly scheduled phone interview with the R&D/Clinical Ops Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions
  • None - the recruiter had done her research and read through my CV and resume, so the first 2 calls were primarily focused on her describing the opportunities at Quintiles.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Quintiles

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Quintiles in February 2013.

A classmate from grad school submitted my cv to the 2 main HR reps in the NY office. They asked me to fill out a form stating my accomplishments, previous jobs, etc. Basically it was Quintiles' candidate form that HR was going to present to internal leadership to determine what role I should come in and interview at. Then I had a phone call, which was schedule 3 months later. Not even joking - 3 MONTHS later.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any difficult questions - I don't think most of the team was prepared to interview me (read - had never seen my resume or did not know about my candidacy or anything). I did have to create a presentation before coming that I gave to a group of 8 people (topic related to health).   Answer Question