Quintiles

3.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in September 2014.

Applied on line and phone interview by the HR person. I was not sure based on what I have communicated, Quintiles would be interested on a follow up. However, to my surprise, I was called in for a F2F interview.

Lasted 3 hours - 1st 30 minutes with hiring manager, followed by an hour with a panel of managers (3) who are peers to the hiring manager, followed by an hour with a panel of direct reports (3) to the hiring manager and a final 30 minutes with the hiring manager again.

Mostly PM skills based questions and general interview questions.

1. Tell me a time you had a conflict with someone at work and how did you handle it?
    2. Experience working with offshore outsourced teams
    3. Strengths and weakness.
    4. What are you bringing to the table that will complement the skills of the team
    5. What challenges you will face doing this job
    6. What do you think the easy part of this job
    7. Why are you leaving the current job

Unfortunately I was not really prepared when I went for the interview and do not believe I impressed the panels. I was told I would hear back in couple of weeks since they have few more candidates to vet.

So have not heard from them but not counting on this.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the easy part of this job? This was asked by the hiring manager at the end. I wish I had asked this question to the folks who interviewed me before so that I could have framed my answer better.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Quintiles in July 2014.

Interviewed for Business Analyst position. Had phone interview with recruiter first then face to face interview with several team members. Entire team was positive and asked good industry specific questions. Advice - apply apply apply. It took several applications before I scored an interview.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult but was asked to define several acronyms specific to the business. A bit silly given my career level a the level of the position.   Answer Question
    For Negotiation, set your pay about 5% higher than required. I did and the offer came back within my range plus a sign on bonus. Nice! No negotiation on their vacation policy but over all the recruiter was professional and very easy to work with. Their on boarding applications and process was very polished.

BI Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Quintiles.

Initial communication included Human Resource and hiring manager review of submitted resume. Contacted by Human Resources for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which went well, basic questions, review of experience. Follow-up day of face to face interviews with hiring manager, one other manager and Human Resources.Typical questions regarding real work experiences, difficult challenges and job expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions about real work experiences, asked to recount specific challenges and how I worked them out. No surprise questions.   Answer Question

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Quintiles.

I passed through 3 rounds of interview: 1. Another Business Development Specialist 2. My Supervisor 3. Director of Commercial Strategy. Interview was really relaxed and composed of mostly behavioral questions. They tested my industry knowledge with some general industry questions as well. I started network with the employees about 2 months before I submitted my resume. One of the interviewers was also the person who I networked with. Interview process was very simple. I got all the 3 rounds in a day, then they called me in 2 days to give me the offer. My experience was really great in their RTP headquarters. However the region is very small and if you like living in a big city, it may be hard for you to survive in RTP.

Interview Questions
    • Why Quintiles?
      Walk me through your resume?
      Tell me a time when you had a challenging co-worker.
      Tell me about a time when you worked in an international project?
      How did you overcome the cultural differences?
      Tell me the biggest 3 changes in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry?
      How do you think pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms will change in the next couple of years?
        Answer Question
    The offer was negotiable and the negotiation process was easygoing.

Human Resources Systems Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quintiles in December 2012.

Initial contact via the recruiter to meet the hiring manager face to face for a brief 30-45 min. Three weeks passed and was emailed again by a recruiter and then called by an admin to schedule 2 face to face interviews (hiring manager & a colleague currently in the position) and three phone interviews. It was a learning experience.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Quintiles in April 2012.

Initial phone screen with an HR recruiter then 1:1 interview with Team.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Quintiles in September 2010.

A friend recommend that I applied for the position, she submitted Curriculum Vitae to the General Medicine group director. Then I was contacted and asked to meet with him and 2 other members of his team for lunch. Afterwards, I had an individual and panel interview. Then I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was my most difficult client situation and how did I handle it?   Answer Question