Quintiles Interview Questions in Research Triangle Park, NC

Updated Aug 17, 2015

3.2

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quintiles (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied on line and phone interview by the HR person. I was not sure based on what I have communicated, Quintiles would be interested on a follow up. However, to my surprise, I was called in for a F2F interview. Lasted 3 hours - 1st 30 minutes with hiring manager, followed by an hour with a panel of managers (3) who are peers to the hiring manager, followed by an hour with a panel of direct reports (3) to the hiring manager and a final 30 minutes with the hiring manager again. Mostly PM skills based questions and general interview questions. 1. Tell me a time you had a conflict with someone at work and how did you handle it? 2. Experience working with offshore outsourced teams 3. Strengths and weakness. 4. What are you bringing to the table that will complement the skills of the team 5. What challenges you will face doing this job 6. What do you think the easy part of this job 7. Why are you leaving the current job Unfortunately I was not really prepared when I went for the interview and do not believe I impressed the panels. I was told I would hear back in couple of weeks since they have few more candidates to vet. So have not heard from them but not counting on this.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the easy part of this job? This was asked by the hiring manager at the end. I wish I had asked this question to the folks who interviewed me before so that I could have framed my answer better.   Answer Question

BI Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quintiles (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Initial communication included Human Resource and hiring manager review of submitted resume. Contacted by Human Resources for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which went well, basic questions, review of experience. Follow-up day of face to face interviews with hiring manager, one other manager and Human Resources.Typical questions regarding real work experiences, difficult challenges and job expectations.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about real work experiences, asked to recount specific challenges and how I worked them out. No surprise questions.   Answer Question

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Quintiles (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

I passed through 3 rounds of interview: 1. Another Business Development Specialist 2. My Supervisor 3. Director of Commercial Strategy. Interview was really relaxed and composed of mostly behavioral questions. They tested my industry knowledge with some general industry questions as well. I started network with the employees about 2 months before I submitted my resume. One of the interviewers was also the person who I networked with. Interview process was very simple. I got all the 3 rounds in a day, then they called me in 2 days to give me the offer. My experience was really great in their RTP headquarters. However the region is very small and if you like living in a big city, it may be hard for you to survive in RTP.

Interview Questions

• Why Quintiles? Walk me through your resume? Tell me a time when you had a challenging co-worker. Tell me about a time when you worked in an international project? How did you overcome the cultural differences? Tell me the biggest 3 changes in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry? How do you think pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms will change in the next couple of years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was negotiable and the negotiation process was easygoing.

Human Resources Systems Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Quintiles (Research Triangle Park, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

Initial contact via the recruiter to meet the hiring manager face to face for a brief 30-45 min. Three weeks passed and was emailed again by a recruiter and then called by an admin to schedule 2 face to face interviews (hiring manager & a colleague currently in the position) and three phone interviews. It was a learning experience.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quintiles (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen with an HR recruiter then 1:1 interview with Team.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quintiles (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2011.

Interview

HR call that lead to a technical call followed by meetings face to face with the team and their management chain. Good competency questions. If you know the field you are applying for it really is just fairly standard stuff.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous work experience? How did you manage conflict in the workplace? How do you deal with competing priorities?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quintiles (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

A friend recommend that I applied for the position, she submitted Curriculum Vitae to the General Medicine group director. Then I was contacted and asked to meet with him and 2 other members of his team for lunch. Afterwards, I had an individual and panel interview. Then I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was my most difficult client situation and how did I handle it?   Answer Question