Quintiles

Updated Jan 7, 2015
Updated Jan 7, 2015

2.2

Senior Clinical Research Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quintiles.

Very general phone screen through a 3rrd party recruiter initially and then webex with a functional manager. Felt more like a conversation, know your resume, why you left each job. What your goals are, what you expect at Quintiles, know your EDC systems and which therapeutic areas you prefer to work in if hired.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing out of the oridnary was asked. Everything was expected and the interview overall was pretty easy. I have had more difficult interviews.   Answer Question

Even though I was a offered a senior CRA position from current CRA 2 level at another CRO, the salary was matched instead of an increase which was odd. I would think a senior position would require more work and the incentive to leave the current CRO wasn't there. They have 3 levels of Senior CRAs so wasn't sure how it would even help to fast track moving up the ladder.

Other Interview Reviews for Quintiles

Senior Clinical Research Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quintiles.

I first received a call from a recruiter at Quintiles and had a quick phone screen. Soon after I had a telephone interview. About a day later I received an email indicating I had to take an assessment either by phone or online (no choice on which one). Thank fully I was able to do it online. It was an IQ based questionnaire. Later I received an invitation to interview in person (so I must have passed their little exam?). The in house interview was with 3 people, all in the same room. Pretty standard interview.

Interview Questions
    • The phone screen asked questions such as, "What can be found in a regulatory binder?" What would you do if you came to a site and no one was there?" The actual in person interview asked the typical behavioral questions, "tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult site, what did you do?"   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, but I should have. I recently learned Quintiles pays their employees the least for the amount of travel that is expected. The best route to go is as a contractor, if you can find one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles.

Initial process included phone interviews and flown in for face to face interviews. A few interviews were with one individual and one was a panel interview. Overall interview was positive and fairly easy. The individuals I interviewed with were not the people I ended up working with.

Interview Questions
    • What distinguishes you from other candidates? Why should we choose you for the job?   Answer Question
    They offered the salary I asked for. Clinical operations is given 3 weeks of vacation (although I traveled so much I rarely used my vacation). The hiring manager I interviewed with was great and when I attended New Hire Orientation I found out I would be reporting to someone else who started after me. My experience with the company would have been much better had I continued to report to the manager I initially interviewed with. I found out later that my co-workers received a higher sign-on bonus than I did so always asking for more doesn't hurt.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quintiles in January 2012.

The interview took place in the loby of a hotel with 4 hiring managers at the same time. They made the entire process very comfortable. So much so that after 1 hour and a half, I left feeling I had just met with my best friends.

Interview Questions
    • No question was dificult. I was just asked about annecdotal experinces.   View Answer
    I was asking for 80000 as CRA II. I was offered 83000 as Sr. CRA plus 10000 sign up bonnus.

Senior Clinical Research Associate Interview

Interview was organised by recruitment consultant. Just one interview

Interview Questions
    • I was asked my salary expectations, so I had to be confident with what I expected.   Answer Question