Quintiq

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Radnor, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quintiq.

Interview Details – The first step was a phone interview consisting mostly of soft questions , what are your hobbies, is this kind of place you want to work, is this type of business structure you would like, what about the job description interested you.

Second step, in-person interview . CTO stared at laptop reading a lot of canned questions Everything felt very formulaic even when asking questions back. Met with the impression that they are throwing a large net to bring as many people as possible (at least two IT recruitment calls while sitting in the lobby , one was diverted and said Quintiq person was on vacation) the recruiter forgot what step I was at when confirming (probably juggling too many people going in for interviews), all signs of doing a volume based search. They use their own in house programming language, which creates and scrambles around text files (or so I understand) to feed into a central app. So they are most likely trying to filter the huge number of people who will hesitate at the use of an internal language that requires signing an NDA plus people who are quite desperate enough to not care and find that small subset who would fit in, like the work enough to not care and be good at it. Interesting approach for a company whose focus and product is all about optimization and efficiency, maybe if they contract with a staffing firm at some point that will change...?

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Radnor, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Quintiq.

Interview Details – Long and drawn out. Turns out almost everything stated in the interview was misrepresented. If you are out of work and need a job take it and keep looking. If not many other better companies in the space

Interview Question – The questions were easy. They presented a opportunity package that is close to unbelieveable. Turns out it is not true after all   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Bonus offered to accept position

Consultant Interview

Radnor, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiq in January 2012.

Interview Details – 3 Step interview process:
1. Phone interview
2. In person interview
3. Practical test

Interview Question – Testing my ability optimize a puzzle   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Manager Interview

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Interview Details – Rigorous interview process, involving role playing and interfacing with multiple interviewers.

Interview Question – Roleplays   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Brief and straight to the point.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Quintiq in January 2014.

Interview Details – Failed in second stage of the interview

Interview Question – second stage of the interview is 20 multiple choice questions, a lot of OOP and mathematics.   Answer Question

Optimization Expert/Algorithm Expert Interview

's-Hertogenbosch (Netherlands)

Interviewed at Quintiq

Interview Details – I was invited to their office in den Bosch.
First interview:
The interviewer asked my previous experience in optimization. Then three simple puzzles: 1)a library problem using object orientation; 2) find out the next number in a sequence; 3)solve a optimization problem using their software

Second interview:
two harder puzzles than last time: 1) build a model using object orientation; 2)solve a linear optimization problem

Interview Question – I did ok but my answers were different from their expectation.

The first puzzle: I am not an expert but I didn't understand their way in object orientation modelling. I don't understand even now. I thought a class should contain variables and methods, but their way was to create a class only containing variables or only methods, trying to manage complicated relations between different classes.

The second puzzle: I used Lagrange multipliers but in practice simplex algorithm is commonly used.
  Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Quintiq in April 2013.

Interview Details – as all multinational (and north europe companies) they would like to let you feel at home. Life quality is really important.
The HR resource introduced me a little bit about QUINTIQ: i already know more or less all so we saved time. Suggestion: READ and DOWNLOAD all the material on web site, corporate philosophy, benefits, white papers and so on.

after that, 60 minutes of test and IQ, which have 4 possible multiple answers.
+ 5 points for totally correct answers
up to -3 points for mistakes

attention: some questions are trickiest! (multiple answers) as for example what is the result of A + B / C^2 * D ? (depends if you are a human or a computer, so more than one answer is correct)

- more than some senseless numeric series (that personally i HATE!)

- just 2 question about DB and PROCESS FLOWS (!!!!! isn't it a business consultant interview???), a lot of question about OOP (both related to classes, methods and so on)

- many questions regarding the fastest way to instance an object / method (i a not a developer so i left apart 4 or 5 questions)

- more than one question you have to read the code (for // if then // cycles) and found out the solution (numerically) so if you are not good in math, use a calculator (allowed)
You need to make the classical table of input / output interactions to give the results (up to 10 cycles), and some questions have totally wrong answers.

Second part of interview is with a manager (i did it with Edwin) or a Sr. Consultant.

Pseudo real life cases to solve and to explain, even if they don't give you all the details, so try to be what you are: a CONSULTANT and BUSINESS ANALYST, so ASK ASK ASK. fix some CONSTRAINS among all variables and cloudy things they say.....

you will need to act as a consultant: give to the customer an overview / draft about how the system will get in input and output the data: he asked me what the user will see, and i ve make on white board a pseudo GUI for input details, but of course he told me that user need also to see output. So once again, attention to tricks and pitfalls!

QUINTIQ sw in front of you..... you have to solve the problem he gave you (on white board) but you don't know anything about the process. So you can try to guess... but at least there is one thing: human beings cannot plan as a computer: this is the trick! you can try as long as you want, computer assisted planning will make millions of combination in a second and will find the best planning considering changing of product type and setup dime that has differences from one product to another (means no fixed setup time).

One other puzzle instead quintiq cannot break the laws, the rules and the logic.
IT is just a set of rules and laws: focus on the correct waterfalls of rules and laws (BUT ALSO LOGIC!) and you will know that even if you computer runs planning, he will not be more able than you.

Use LOGIC: if i want or i like something, doesn't mean that i can do it! (i would like to kill my boss, but i can't!)

READ ALL THE WHITE PAPERS, WEBSITE AND INFO ABOUT THE PRODUCT..... YOU CAN FORECAST THE QUESTIONS..... BUT QUINTIQ 99% OF TIME HAS A RABBIT IN THE HAT! attention!

Interview Questions

• unexpected question:
    - HOW CAN WE TELL TO THE CUSTOMER THE REASON WHY IT IS FAR FAR AWAY FROM 100% KPI IN DELIVERY DATES PERFORMANCES?

(relating to find out which one is the root cause of the problem)
  • unexpected question:
    - DO YOU THINK QUINTIQ CAN PLAN BETTER THAN YOU?

(relating employee shift management)
  • for me all the questions related to ALGORITHMS and OOP PROGRAMMING
    as fking stupid USELESS NUMERIC SERIES test was difficult.
      View Answer
  • which kind of Operations Scheduling / Production Operations Management / solution algos you know?   View Answer

Quintiq Specialist
Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Quintiq in March 2013.

Interview Details – The 2nd interview is actually a 1-1 technical test. A Director will guide you thru the entire interview session including puzzle test, programming logic test and solving a puzzle with their unique QUILL language - which is a powerful language. The HR will send you the case study before you attending the 2nd interview. Please make sure you study the case study, think about the software development skills and be ready for it. You can ask whatever question to the Director and I'm sure he/she is willing to answer you.
For my experience, the Director handled the session very well and very professional. I had a good experience with it.

Interview Question – Don't be surprise if the Director challenged your idea. Be smart and be interested to QUILL.
The case study is not as difficult as I thought. It should be no problem if you had software development experience. In my opinion, the puzzle test and programming test were the most tricky parts.
  Answer Question

Quintiq Specialist
Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Quintiq in February 2013.

Interview Details – The view from the Penthouse level office is fantastic! Enjoy it while you're there. Sometime, there are some friendly staff might try to talk to you too.

There are two rounds of interview.
During the 1st Round, you and other candidates will watch a presentation slide, followed by a written test that includes IQ test, mathematical test, logic test, and basic Object Oriented theoretical test. After that, you will be interviewed by one of the HR staff where you get your chance to ask in detail about benefits, working environment, while the staff will ask questions to catch your personality.

2nd round is rather longer. You will be given a question before your appointment, and I recommend you really study the question and think of several different ways to do what it is required of the question. During the interview, a technical staff/manager/director will sit in with you, giving you a first hand experience in using Quill. Do fire off any questions and doubts and show your interest. It is a very challenging and interesting experience.

Interview Question – Some HR Staff from the 1st round of interview might ask some weird questions. Be prepared.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Den Bosch, North Brabant (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Quintiq in August 2012.

Interview Details – The process consisted of three rounds, first two job interviews with the future manager and a final round with a challenging test.

The job interviews were typical getting to know each other, the company and the role. No big challenges there.

The test was a real life example of what a Project Manager needs to do. Preparation was possible only a night before the test. In the test about 6 future colleagues were present. It should be said that the test was taken in all honesty, there was no goal of creating artificial pitfalls. After starting the test was a situation like any other we have on daily basis.

Interview Question – Business case was very challenging but not impossible. It was all about getting the right information from everyone in the room and making decisions based on that.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Quintiq? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quintiq interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Quintiq employees and interview candidates.