Quintiq Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.4

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quintiq in March 2015.

Impersonal jobvite system emails with no phone calls and signed by 3 people at once. Did not explain there are two instances of the same address in all GPS systems. Apparently this "happens all the time" but no one has addressed it on web site or in interviewee confirmation. No receptionist at desk, building was wide open to walk in. Not secure, surprised they haven't had thefts of employee belongings. Extremely quiet group, sea of desks about 40% full, but it was early. I walked around and found receptionist, who was not well spoken or professional. Evidently they have had bad inside sales, fired them and outsourced, that didn't work either. Now trying to start inside sales internally again. Marketing does not understand what Sales does and I don't think understands what the product is or who they sell to. Any company that thinks spamming people out of "marketing automation" tools will work is going to have these same issues over and over. Weirdest part by far was when the marketing person and Dutch person in charge of inside sales went just outside the conference interview room door and spoke in giggling, gossping hushed voices for five straight minutes IMPORTANT: company was bought last summer by French conglomerate Dassault. So expect dysfunction and malaise for years until they pull the plug. I'm extremely disappointed I wasted my time with this company. Read the negative reviews too, it's fairly clear the most recent ones are ones HR drummed up wanting to improve their ratings.

Account Manager Interview

The interview process was standard with an in person site visit to PA. Recruiters used for all candidate acquisition. Never meet my first line manager until the first day on the job.

Interview Questions
    • Saying that they did not micro manage nothing could be farther from the truth.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quintiq.

Long and drawn out. Turns out almost everything stated in the interview was misrepresented. If you are out of work and need a job take it and keep looking. If not many other better companies in the space

Interview Questions
    • The questions were easy. They presented a opportunity package that is close to unbelieveable. Turns out it is not true after all   View Answer
    Bonus offered to accept position

Quintiq Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quintiq.

The first step was a phone interview consisting mostly of soft questions , what are your hobbies, is this kind of place you want to work, is this type of business structure you would like, what about the job description interested you.

Second step, in-person interview . CTO stared at laptop reading a lot of canned questions Everything felt very formulaic even when asking questions back. Met with the impression that they are throwing a large net to bring as many people as possible (at least two IT recruitment calls while sitting in the lobby , one was diverted and said Quintiq person was on vacation) the recruiter forgot what step I was at when confirming (probably juggling too many people going in for interviews), all signs of doing a volume based search. They use their own in house programming language, which creates and scrambles around text files (or so I understand) to feed into a central app. So they are most likely trying to filter the huge number of people who will hesitate at the use of an internal language that requires signing an NDA plus people who are quite desperate enough to not care and find that small subset who would fit in, like the work enough to not care and be good at it. Interesting approach for a company whose focus and product is all about optimization and efficiency, maybe if they contract with a staffing firm at some point that will change...?

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quintiq in January 2012.

3 Step interview process:
    1. Phone interview
    2. In person interview
    3. Practical test

First Line Support Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Quintiq.

It was simply started by asking about myself at first. Then they arranged a little chat with their real customer and asked to address the customer's problems by chatting with him/her. After that a simple written english test is taken as well. thats it. the interview continued for about 2 hours.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quintiq.

First step: You will need to apply for the job. There are many channels available but using a headhunter or finding a friend already working here to endorse you is the best way. Besides that, you can also play the online Quintiq puzzle challenge to secure at least a phone interview.

Next, the phone interview. IMHO it's only there to assess your verbal English skills.

If you passed that, you will be called to take a written objective exam. Back when I took it it consisted of 20 questions split evenly between maths, logic and programming. This test is considered tough since even now I see only 1 out 5 candidates make the passing mark (55 this year, was 60 last year). After the test, HR will call the candidates one by one and if you pass, there will be a one hour session with HR where you will disscuss hiring, prior work experience, compensation and whatnot. Feel free to ask any question you can think of since the HR are very accomodating and eager to convince folks to join (especially with the low pass rate in the written exam). They have KPIs too you know ;)

Now, if everything went well you will get a call within 2 days to set up a 2nd interview with one of the directors. They will send you a case study and you will usually get one or two weeks to prepare. All I can remember is it took nearly 3 hours, and that there were many difficult puzzles/scenarios to solve.

Interview Questions
    • Design an algorithm to decide something, fulfilling a certain criteria stated in the case study.   View Answer
    Yes. Just be respectful and clearly justify your requests.

Senior Tester Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quintiq in November 2014.

Was quite tough. Being gone for a tester role, writing exam 60% + on programming does not sound good. A person without programming knowledge will find it difficult to clear the interview.

But the company is very good and the work ambiance is quite compelling. Give out a try guys :) All the best

Quintiq Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quintiq.

There are basically 3 phases, first one is about reviewing your resume, second is about interviewing with the HR and a MCQ Test. For any IT graduate out there, this should not be the problem. The hardest part is the technical test where a team manager or director will be seated next to you to test your technical ability. A case study will be given to you beforehand and make sure that you understand the case study before proceed to this phase of the interview. Or else it will be hard for you to brainstorm the best answer on the spot.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Den Bosch, North Brabant (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Employee in Den Bosch, North Brabant (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quintiq in October 2014.

Was called by HR, scheduled an interview with a Senior PM. Afterwards we scheduled a (almost) full-day interview which included two role-play tests. After each test/interview there was a round of feedback on both sides.

Interview Questions
    • The list three of you best/worst qualities question...   Answer Question