Quintiq Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

3.3

Support Technician/Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Quintiq (Radnor, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was actually interviewed for a different position (Software Specialist) than I originally applied for (Support Technician). Was under the impression that they were looking for a Support person to work for a while and then transfer to Software Specialist after some experience had built up (this was the impression given on the phone interview). Turns out they moved the Support position off site before the actual in-person interview took place, but were good enough to interview me for the other position in spite of that. Unfortunately, it seems they were looking for someone with more built-in skills (esp. database) than I had to offer going in.

Interview Questions

• Basically given some scenarios dealing with software/hardware performance and asked to describe how I would go about analyzing and solving them.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quintiq (Radnor, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Impersonal jobvite system emails with no phone calls and signed by 3 people at once. Did not explain there are two instances of the same address in all GPS systems. Apparently this "happens all the time" but no one has addressed it on web site or in interviewee confirmation. No receptionist at desk, building was wide open to walk in. Not secure, surprised they haven't had thefts of employee belongings. Extremely quiet group, sea of desks about 40% full, but it was early. I walked around and found receptionist, who was not well spoken or professional. Evidently they have had bad inside sales, fired them and outsourced, that didn't work either. Now trying to start inside sales internally again. Marketing does not understand what Sales does and I don't think understands what the product is or who they sell to. Any company that thinks spamming people out of "marketing automation" tools will work is going to have these same issues over and over. Weirdest part by far was when the marketing person and Dutch person in charge of inside sales went just outside the conference interview room door and spoke in giggling, gossping hushed voices for five straight minutes IMPORTANT: company was bought last summer by French conglomerate Dassault. So expect dysfunction and malaise for years until they pull the plug. I'm extremely disappointed I wasted my time with this company. Read the negative reviews too, it's fairly clear the most recent ones are ones HR drummed up wanting to improve their ratings.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was standard with an in person site visit to PA. Recruiters used for all candidate acquisition. Never meet my first line manager until the first day on the job.

Interview Questions

• Saying that they did not micro manage nothing could be farther from the truth.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Quintiq (Radnor, PA).

Interview

Long and drawn out. Turns out almost everything stated in the interview was misrepresented. If you are out of work and need a job take it and keep looking. If not many other better companies in the space

Interview Questions

• The questions were easy. They presented a opportunity package that is close to unbelieveable. Turns out it is not true after all   1 Answer

Negotiation

Bonus offered to accept position

Quintiq Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quintiq (Radnor, PA).

Interview

The first step was a phone interview consisting mostly of soft questions , what are your hobbies, is this kind of place you want to work, is this type of business structure you would like, what about the job description interested you.

Second step, in-person interview . CTO stared at laptop reading a lot of canned questions Everything felt very formulaic even when asking questions back. Met with the impression that they are throwing a large net to bring as many people as possible (at least two IT recruitment calls while sitting in the lobby , one was diverted and said Quintiq person was on vacation) the recruiter forgot what step I was at when confirming (probably juggling too many people going in for interviews), all signs of doing a volume based search. They use their own in house programming language, which creates and scrambles around text files (or so I understand) to feed into a central app. So they are most likely trying to filter the huge number of people who will hesitate at the use of an internal language that requires signing an NDA plus people who are quite desperate enough to not care and find that small subset who would fit in, like the work enough to not care and be good at it. Interesting approach for a company whose focus and product is all about optimization and efficiency, maybe if they contract with a staffing firm at some point that will change...?

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quintiq (Radnor, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online, reached out to the hiring manager on LinkedIn. One phone interview and one in person interview. This company is extremely strange and seems to be very disorganized. They have a lot of learning to do as far as compliance. After your in person interview, there is a test. I thought this was weird.This is european company and the culture is very different. It has a Google like feel. However, I do feel that it seems very disorganized. It is not really a good fit for a seasoned recruiter. There isn't a lot of room for growth. Overall, it wasn't a fit for me but may be a fit for someone else.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quintiq (Radnor, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

3 Step interview process:
    1. Phone interview
    2. In person interview
    3. Practical test

Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quintiq (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

(1) HR interview: general discussion.
    (2) Received email with a small planning case study similar to problems solved in Quintiq.
    (3) On site technical interview to discuss how to solve the problem in terms of:
    (3.1) UI design
    (3.2) OOP & business logic: involves writing actual code in Quintiq's language, debugging, and discussing with the mentor looking at the same screen.

Interview Questions

• To debug and find the problem in a small block of source code printed on paper.   Answer Question

Marketing & Sales Interview

Interview

Sehr faires Gespräch. Mir wurden Fragen zum Lebenslauf gestellt, danach hatte ich knapp über eine Stunde Zeit über eine Firma zu forschen (nach eventuellen Herausforderungen oder Plänen im Bereich des Supply Chains) und einen Brief an diese Firma zu verfassen, wie Quintiq's Lösungen dabei helfen können. Am Ende hatte ich einen 10 minütigen Anruf von einem anderen Kollegen, der sich fiktiv als ein Unternehmen ausgegeben hat, welches verschiedene Probleme hat und ich musste eben darauf passend antworten. Man stand ziemlich unter Druck, ist aber machbar.

Interview Questions

• Stellen Sie sich kurz vor. Warum haben Sie genau bei ihrer damaligen Arbeit X gemacht? Was haben Sie dabei gelernt?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quintiq in May 2015.

Interview

I went through two video interviews, which lasted respectively 30 minutes and 90 minutes. Had they been successful, the next step would have been a test of several abilities. Every interviewer was extremely friendly. They tried their best to make the candidate comfortable. The second interviewer spent a lot of time explaining the structure of the company.

Interview Questions

• During both interviews, I was asked quite ordinary questions, with a strong focus on motivation. I also was repeatedly asked to ask questions. In the second interview, I additionally had to make a short presentation and to answer questions designed to test my reasoning process.   Answer Question