Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

www.qbsol.com

Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in January 2008.

Interview Details – Phone Interview
1 on 1 Interview with Manager
1 on 1 Interview with VP

Interview Question – Tell me why you want to join Quorum   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in June 2010.

Interview Details – I knew someone who worked there who gave the hiring manager my resume. The hiring manager emailed me very soon after and set up a phone interview. It was mainly about the job and just making sure I was interested. We then setup another phone interview with someone else in HR. Same type interview. After that we setup an two in-person interviews at their Houston location, and both were 1 on 1. After that, they took me to lunch with some of their recent consultant hires. It was a very positive experience. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. I did not get a job offer partly because they didn't think I was really interested in programming for a living. I have only positive things to say about my experience.

Interview Question – Are you willing to travel up to 100% of the time?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in October 2009.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview and then about a month later another HR phone interview where I was asked behavioral questions. A week after the phone interview I came in for 2 1:1 interviews with execs. Both were really friendly. I was asked a lot of questions about working in a team environment and also asked a few technical questions.

Interview Question – Describe some Comp Sci and SQL concepts   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a brief 30-45min phone interview/screen call . I was then asked to submit a copy of my college transcript. An office visit followed which consisted of three separate interviews with executives and managers. A call was made the following day with an offer.

Interview Question – Question involved the trend of my grades throughout college.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in October 2010.

Interview Details – Asked very basic questions about ways in which I had developed myself during college. Critiqued my transcript and made me explain reasons for problems I had encountered during school. Also questioned often about why I thought I fit in the role/wanted the job. All of the interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – You are an engineering major that typically deals with mechanical parts and assemblies, what draws you to a company like Quorum who focuses on computer software/technology?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in March 2011.

Interview Details – I received the interview through a job fair. I was scheduled for a phone interview with the head recruiter where we mostly discussed my desire to enter the oil & gas field and background in technology. He was very friendly and polite.
I received an e-mail 4 days later asking me to come in to the office to meet with a few upper-level employees. Both of these interviews went very well and I learned a lot about the company. I was sent an invite for the final in-office interview and informed I would receive a decision shorlty after. Three days before the in-office interview I received an e-mail informing me that they decided to bring other candidates in instead and that I was being cut from the process.
Overall my experiences was positive and the employees were very nice. I was disappointed in how they handled the end of the interview process.

Interview Question – Explain why your grades during this particular semester are so much lower than the others?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in October 2011.

Interview Details – Campus Recruiting: 2 stages of one on one interviews. Very laid back people and the office seemed very pleasant. Interview was your typical behavioral interview. LOTS of scenarios asked. They seemed to really want me to sell that I wanted to do technology consulting and why.

Interview Questions

Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc..

Interview Details – I connected with the hiring manager on a social networking site. Great experience. Very fast turnaround. had a phone interview and met with 2 senior execs next day. got my offer later that day. Amazing experience and very comfortable environment.

Interview Question – Whats the hardest class you took and why was it hard? And a class you didnt have to take but why you took it? How do I know when you are stressed? Some team work questions and how to handle a difficult team member or boss?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Start date was too close. Didnt negotiate.

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in May 2012.

Interview Details – Four interviews in total. 2 in a row at college campus and 2 more on-sight interviews. Very attentive to details thorough.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in October 2012.

Interview Details – Went to an campus recruiting info session and they really emphasized on on building relationships, a minimum GPA of 3.0, and that you must be a Canadian citizen in order to be considered. They don't seem to valuable previous technical skills and use your GPA to determine your work ethic because they will invest in training you technical skills.

The interview was held on campus and the entire process consists of three rounds. The first interview had me come in to talk to a guy who conducted a sort of pre-interview where he would talk to you and let you know a little about the company. He than took me to the next room where a lady, who was a manager, performed the actual interview. She would ask you a series of behavioral type of questions to determine if you are a good fit for the company. She stated that no technical component is ever given through the whole process. She said that the second interview would be with one of their executives that would consist very much of the same thing in a more relaxed setting to determine if they feel you are a good fit for the company since the Calgary office consisted of only 17 people. The third, and final round, would take you to their office where you would meet the rest of their staff. If everyone feels that you are a good fit, they will hire you.

Interview Question – "Give me an idea about your through pattern / approach to a problem"
"How do you define success"
"Describe your experience in working in a large company vs a smaller company"
  Answer Question

Worked for Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!