Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in January 2008.

Interview

Phone Interview
    1 on 1 Interview with Manager
    1 on 1 Interview with VP

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to join Quorum   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in May 2015.

Interview

I went to the job fair in February and gave them my information. Applied online in early January and again in February. Contacted people from HR via email around March. Called and left messages around late March early April. They finally got back to me in May. I scheduled a phone interview with them a couple days later(Friday). Said they'd be back to me on Wednesday, then Friday. Didn't get an answer until the following Monday via a phone message, not a phone call.

I did think the company would've been a good opportunity, based on the interviewers answers to my questions and other reviews. Although, following the entire process, I am still left unsure as to why I was not selected for the follow up interview despite my good credentials. I emailed the head recruiter in hopes of getting some feedback for personal growth, but received a response with no answer. I was a little insulted when the person addressed me incorrectly(not a typing mistake), especially when my email address is firstname.lastname@...com. Based on the experience, I would say the recruiters have too much on their plate. They would be able to consider more candidates, more carefully, in a more timely manner if they just had some more help in HR. Moral of the story, don't feel bad if they don't get back to you, they will...eventually.

tl;dr Good opportunity, but recruitment seems understaffed. Extremely slow to get an initial response. 1+ week to get phone screen decision. Felt like they had too few people thumbing through hundreds of applicants, not giving enough consideration to each.

Interview Questions

• A few STAR questions.
      -When have you had to go above the call of duty? Explain...
      -When/How did you approach something exceptionally difficult(or technical? not sure) in the past?
      ...cant remember the others

What motivated/demotivated you at your previous job?
      Why should we hire you over another candidate(answer for each possible role ie. support, development, etc.)?
      How do you define success(in life and/or in business)?

1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a pretty slick bait and switch to make it seem like you were going to be thrown onto a project and actually do something close to consulting. In my experience, I got chucked into a support role even though I had project related experience else where.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc..

Interview

Met with a recruiter first who asked about my major, what I liked to do, looked at my resume and talked about the company. Was asked to interview the following day. Talked for a little over an hour to employees, as well as a different recruiter about my resume and past experiences. They were particularly interested in past challenges and how I overcame them

Interview Questions

• What problems have you faced that were challenging and how did you overcome them   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I knew someone who worked there who gave the hiring manager my resume. The hiring manager emailed me very soon after and set up a phone interview. It was mainly about the job and just making sure I was interested. We then setup another phone interview with someone else in HR. Same type interview. After that we setup an two in-person interviews at their Houston location, and both were 1 on 1. After that, they took me to lunch with some of their recent consultant hires. It was a very positive experience. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. I did not get a job offer partly because they didn't think I was really interested in programming for a living. I have only positive things to say about my experience.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in October 2009.

Interview

First had a phone interview and then about a month later another HR phone interview where I was asked behavioral questions. A week after the phone interview I came in for 2 1:1 interviews with execs. Both were really friendly. I was asked a lot of questions about working in a team environment and also asked a few technical questions.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. (Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the director of recruiting who was extremely polite and professional during all the stages of the hiring process. Initial interview on the phone where he briefly described what they do and asked whether I was interested. Arranged meeting with two employees in senior positions and then followed by phone interview/Q/A session with another employee. Received an offer shortly after.

A lot of young employees in organization, benefits not on par with big companies, possibly long hours. It was still a hard decision since base salary offer was pretty reasonable and their applications/technologies used seemed like a lot of fun.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. (Houston, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a brief 30-45min phone interview/screen call . I was then asked to submit a copy of my college transcript. An office visit followed which consisted of three separate interviews with executives and managers. A call was made the following day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Question involved the trend of my grades throughout college.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in October 2010.

Interview

Asked very basic questions about ways in which I had developed myself during college. Critiqued my transcript and made me explain reasons for problems I had encountered during school. Also questioned often about why I thought I fit in the role/wanted the job. All of the interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• You are an engineering major that typically deals with mechanical parts and assemblies, what draws you to a company like Quorum who focuses on computer software/technology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I received the interview through a job fair. I was scheduled for a phone interview with the head recruiter where we mostly discussed my desire to enter the oil & gas field and background in technology. He was very friendly and polite.
    I received an e-mail 4 days later asking me to come in to the office to meet with a few upper-level employees. Both of these interviews went very well and I learned a lot about the company. I was sent an invite for the final in-office interview and informed I would receive a decision shorlty after. Three days before the in-office interview I received an e-mail informing me that they decided to bring other candidates in instead and that I was being cut from the process.
    Overall my experiences was positive and the employees were very nice. I was disappointed in how they handled the end of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain why your grades during this particular semester are so much lower than the others?   Answer Question