Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2014
Updated Aug 4, 2014

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in October 2012.

Went to an campus recruiting info session and they really emphasized on on building relationships, a minimum GPA of 3.0, and that you must be a Canadian citizen in order to be considered. They don't seem to valuable previous technical skills and use your GPA to determine your work ethic because they will invest in training you technical skills.

The interview was held on campus and the entire process consists of three rounds. The first interview had me come in to talk to a guy who conducted a sort of pre-interview where he would talk to you and let you know a little about the company. He than took me to the next room where a lady, who was a manager, performed the actual interview. She would ask you a series of behavioral type of questions to determine if you are a good fit for the company. She stated that no technical component is ever given through the whole process. She said that the second interview would be with one of their executives that would consist very much of the same thing in a more relaxed setting to determine if they feel you are a good fit for the company since the Calgary office consisted of only 17 people. The third, and final round, would take you to their office where you would meet the rest of their staff. If everyone feels that you are a good fit, they will hire you.

Interview Questions
    • "Give me an idea about your through pattern / approach to a problem"
      "How do you define success"
      "Describe your experience in working in a large company vs a smaller company"
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc..

I initially met with a recruiter at the Texas A&M Career Fair. I had looked up all information on the career website and had already placed in an application at the time of meeting. The career fair meeting was informative and I was given all information on how to apply and an informational session flier. I received an email from the campus recruiting that I had received an interview. Attended their information session which was full of energy and helped to spark an interest. The next morning was the interview on-campus. General questions, heavily behavioral. Received a call back that evening for a 2nd round interview on campus the next morning. The next interview included more behavioral questions and general company fit questions (how do you work under pressure? what computer knowledge do you have?) Received a call, as promised, that evening inviting me to the on-site interviews. They allowed candidates to select their desired arrival date. I received my first pick. Went to the on-site interview which consisted of a dinner with newer employees the night before. The day of the interview we met in the hotel lobby to walk to the location. This day included breakfast, lunch, benefit overview, and two interviews. This interviews appeared to play "good cop, bad cop" because my first interview was very strict on all resume.transcript information. Example "Why did you get this grade in this class?". The 2nd interview was very career focused, it was almost very informal and a conversation, not an interview.

Interview Questions
    Was given the choice of 2 start dates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in January 2009.

I found them on an online job search for my university. I e-mailed my resume to the HR person and within a few days got a phone call from HR. Then I came in to do the in-person interviews, and this was with 3 separate people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult group project, but it can't be a time when one of the group members didn't pull their own weight.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in October 2012.

Applied through campus recruiting, interviewed on campus a few weeks later. Questions were all behavioral and focused on extra-curricular activities. No case-type questions in this round. Interviewer was friendly. After receiving a phone call the next day saying I was not advancing the next round, I asked for feedback, and was told that they do not disclose that kind of information.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a leadership role in which you made a large difference   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in March 2012.

Applied through campus career service website after company reps visited campus. Attended three stage interview process. Round 1 and 2 on campus. Feedback was very timely. The on site interview which happened about 2 weeks later was not as intense as many may assume. Had a wonderful dinner with my group the night before Round 3. Questions were mostly behavioral, also pertaining to resume, student career and personal objectives. Met with two different executives. Decision process and contact was fast.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever learned something outside your career that blew your mind away?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

College/University recruiting. Apply online then they invite you to a campus interview. The interview is a two day process. If they like you after the first interview then they will invite you back the next day. A week or so later they will let you know if you have made it ti the next round on interview which is an office visit. They will fly you out, and you will go to dinner with other candidates and current employees. The company pays for your hotel, plane, and transportation to and from the airport. The next day you will have one interview which is thirty minutes to an hour. The day of the interview they will feed you breakfast and lunch. They will let you know by that night if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions will come from your resume and experiences. You will mainly just talk about projects you have worked on, and technical stuff you have done.   Answer Question

I had another offer with better benefits.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc..

I received an email inviting me to apply for the position from a director. I spoke with the team at the career fair, and was called about an interview the next week. The day before the interview, I went to the info session, which was very beneficial, then interviewed with a company VP the next day, followed by a 2nd interview the next day, and an on site interview in Houston a few weeks later.

Come with questions - all 3 of my interviews started with opportunities to ask questions - and are more than willing to let you spend 30 minutes or so asking questions, so come prepared.

The interview itself was pretty standard - they asked to tell a little bit about yourself, your previous work experiences, leadership positions on campus, why you picked your major, etc. Followed by those behavioral questions ("tell me about a time when.... and what the outcome was")

The process is just as much about you learning about their business and if you would be a good fit in a consulting role as it is them determining whether you're a right fit for them. My best advice to you: ask engaging questions that make your interviewer go into detail about the specifics of different roles (delivery, support, development, implementation, etc.) If you are genuinely interested in learning about Quorum, they will be interested in you.

Interview Questions
    • You mentioned that it is most difficult for you to stay motivated when facing tedious tasks that aren't challenging. You may face a few of those situations here, how will you handle it, and how will you stay motivated?   Answer Question
    I was given a formal offer the day after my interview in Houston. The offer was better than I had been expecting - I did not try to negotiate. Given 2 weeks to accept/decline, but they mentioned they can be more flexible if need be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in March 2014.

First round interview question are pertained and focused on items on your resume, school work and campus involvement. The interview is about 45 minutes to one hour long depending on the amount of questions you ask. That evening I received a phone call informing me I have advanced to the next round interview the following morning. Second Interview is the following morning with a different person asking the questions. The questions asked during this round is mostly behavioral/situation questions (I.e tell me time when you....). The following Monday, I received another phone call informing me I have made it to the office visit. They will give you two dates for the office visit (either Thursday-Friday or Sunday-Monday). You get the chance to stay in hotel downtown. That night you will get the chance to meet other candidates and get pick up by a couple of HR reps and go out to dinner and talk to recent grads who work at Quroum. The following moring you will get picked up in the morning and driven to the office. At the office visit, you go through a info session, interview with executive and lunch with a different group of recent grads. The interview at the office is somewhat easy. Personally, my interview was more of a convo, I ask the person giving the interview questions the entire time. I received a phone call informing me Quorum would like to extend an offer upon graduation to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in March 2010.

3 step for hiring process: 2 on campus interview, 1 on-site interview. I submit my resume on the career fair and get the invite for on campus interview. This is the 1st round, they ask me mostly the behavior question, and at the same day, day call me and say that I was not choosen for 2nd interview

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in November 2012.

Submitted my resume through the career fair at university. Went through two rounds on on-campus interviews and then was invited to do an office visit. The on-campus interviews were fairly straightforward: mainly behavioral questions and trying to see if you are a good fit with the company (energy and software). The in-office consisted of 2 more interviews, lunch, and a benefits review session. Everyone is really friendly. There is an incredibly quick turnaround time. I heard the day of each interview whether or not I was going to the next round and recieved an offer the same day as the final interview.