Quotient, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

3.4

Web Developer (Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

The entire process from initial contact to signing paperwork took two weeks.

I reached out to the company after seeing a very interesting ad. The internal recruiter followed up quickly, our phone conversation was totally straightforward and he was very persuasive.

He set up an on-site interview where I met the team lead/manager and we had more of a discussion than an interview. This was followed by a brief discussion with two developers where they occasionally asked tech questions. The discussions were frank and open, and gave me a very positive view of the development team.

Like many others I get super nervous and sometimes get freeze-brain when being evaluated in an interview. Quotient's approach is an excellent way to conduct an interview and to keep the candidate at ease. I was impressed and grateful that they didn't conduct a "gotcha" interview, and this added to my respect for the individuals and for the company as a whole.

The most amazing part of the experience was that everyone I interacted with did exactly what they said they would do, when they said they would do it. How many companies have that going for them?

Interview Questions

• In PHP how do you pass a variable to a function by reference?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by an internal recruiter who was very professional, friendly and informative. An interview was then set up with an Executive in the company. I was asked to supply 3 references: one from a peer, one from a previous boss and one from a subordinate. I know they contacted my references because I got feedback. I went through a series of interviews which were very thorough. Then I took a DISC assessment test which told me things I didn't know about myself. That was a very illuminating experience. The whole process was quite exacting.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment do I flourish in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I was recently interviewed for a web developer position and was very impressed by the professionalism with which the interview was conducted. I felt very comfortable during the entire process. All three interviewers were helpful and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• In Drupal 7, how can you use $ instead of jQuery to refer to the document, since $ is now deprecated?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quotient, Inc..

Interview

Quotient doesn't jerk you around too much; other places asked me to come in for second and third interviews, not to mention on-site and off-site skill tests. Quotient was very respectful of my time as a candidate. I submitted examples of my work with my application and they were reviewed during the interview. I met with several managers and developers, all of whom were friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, no questions stuck out as being especially difficult or unexpected. Other companies tried to play head games or catch me off guard during the interview but Quotient was very straight-forward and above board.   Answer Question

Information Assurance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quotient, Inc..

Interview

No tricky questions. They know the type of candidate they looking for. very straightforward questions about C & A Accreditation, SOX etc.. Unlike other jobs I've interviewed for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Precise and awesome

Director of E-learning Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Quotient, Inc. in October 2014.

Interview

Quotient found me and sent out a very positive email that peaked my curiosity to place the call. I first met with the individual who contacted me. She was well prepared in terms of knowing my background and explaining the nature of what the company needed. There was not formalized list of questions, just an honest back-and forth discussion. She informed me while I was there that the next step would be a meeting with the company president. That was arranged within a week's time. The President engaged with me in a conversation that also had an informal tone. He asked good questions about experience but also was clearly gauging my personality to see if I was a good fit for the team. His responses to my questions were clear and honest.

I had particular needs regarding when I could start full time and how I might be able to help in the interim. The company was very cooperative in working with me to meet my scheduling needs. They were always quick to respond to questions and provide me with tools to get started.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the questions to be difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quotient, Inc..

Interview

The interviewing process was very thorough with multiple people. They were detailed and interested in my goals. I initially spoke with a recruiter then a manager over the phone which led to a face to face interview at the corp office in Columbia where I met with three more people over a couple hours. The checked everyone of my references. The president of the company also stopped in to introduce himself. He also gave me his card and asked me to call him if I needed anything which I found to be very nice, unique and generous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy. All my requirements were met.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in July 2008.

Interview

Great people, sorry I didn't get job

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer
    • what are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Interview

Multiple step process. Very thorough. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my values and how they apply to my work life. Found that interesting and refreshing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy and met expectations.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quotient, Inc..

Interview

It was a one hour telephone screen by 4 interviewers, followed by an in-person interview, which took about 2 hours by four people again. I was asked from basic linux questions like find command, to F5 LTM, VMWare Virtualization, and bladelogic.