Quotient, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

LAMP/Moodle Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Quotient, Inc. in August 2014.

I was initially contacted by them through a head hunter. The head hunter set up a technical telephone screen with them. Over the phone, the guy at Quotient asked me one technical question after the other on web development, database, php, etc subjects. I passed at that time to work on another contract that I had already been discussing with another company. About 6 or 7 months later Quotient contacted me directly about the same or a similar position. It was their internal recruiter. For a couple of weeks she and I went back and forth essentially picking up where things left off the Fall before. (She reminded me that I had spoken to them; I looked back through my email to jog my memory.) She said she wanted to see what the folks internally wanted to do as "next steps" and said she would get back to me. I didn't hear from her for probably 2 weeks. Then another gentleman internal to the company called me and wanted to pick up where she left off. He immediately set up an onsite interview with about 4 or 5 technical folks. I sat in a conference room with them all and they asked questions about my resume, technical questions, etc just one after the other. They initially took turns but then it turned into a general discussion between me and all of them. They offered me the job via telephone. Since the guy I was now speaking with was "new to HR/recruiting" it took a few days to get me the paperwork. When he did we had to revise the letter of offer to include what I felt were standard things like salary, W-2 vs 1099 (we discussed both and I have worked on both), etc so that they (and I) knew what I was signing on to, initially. He sent me a link to the other forms and said that there was still another document that I would have to speak to their CFO about. I filled several of their "on boarding forms" out and emailed them back, signed. These were standard documents like W4, state tax, etc. However, they would not share the mysterious document that the CFO needed to speak to me about until Friday evening before the Monday that I was supposed to start. The CFO called me at approximately 4pm that Friday to discuss the document. The HR guy had emailed that document to me earlier on Friday but I was offline for the day and didn't get it until right before 4pm. It was a multi-page document. The CFO said the document wasn't meant to cause me "any anxiety" but that he was doing his "due diligence" in going over it. He had 3 sections highlighted in yellow. And he just read them to me. I had not had time to read the document, so I told him I would read it that weekend and respond by Monday. However, I had objections to even the sections he read to me. And I verbalized those to him on the phone. There were several statements in the document that were not standard requests from my experience and as a result I was not comfortable agreeing to or signing t he document as-is. As a matter of fact, I spoke to several people I know and consult with on personal/life issues about the document and they had never heard of such requests either. One person told me not to sign it and look for something else. The other two just thought the document requests were odd. So I made notations on the document (I printed it out and scanned in my marked up copy) and emailed them back. They had set up a meeting with their client for Monday morning, first thing. I told them that since the "onboarding process" was not finalized that I would not attend. After a flurry of emails that Sunday they wanted me to attend the client meeting which I agreed with their assurance that my revision requests were not a big deal to change. The self-described director of HR said she was "confident" that we would work out the changes I needed. I attended their client's meeting the next morning. The same lady assured me after the meeting that we would work things out by that afternoon. The CFO called around 4pm that day to go over my changes. At the end of the call he said he would go back and discuss the changes. But, he expressed reservations about most, if not, all of them. I told him I was going to start looking for a new job the next day while they discussed the changes as I thought that this was a done deal and that I told them that Friday was my last day of employment, which is why I wanted to start a new job that Monday (the day I spoke to him), which they agreed. As a matter of fact, I told them that I was going to do this Monday, but given their assurances that this was not a big deal to address, I didn't. By the next morning (Tuesday) the CFO had made a few changes but not all and definitely not the egregious ones. So I emailed them back that I couldn't sign the revised document as it didn't address some of my major concerns. And I wished them good luck in finding a suitable candidate. They wished me well, in their email response.

Interview Questions
    • One guy asked me the difference between an API and a framework.   View Answers (3)

See above. They asked me to sign a document that somewhat contradicted the letter of offer and what was stated verbally as well as other industry standard practices. Even after explaining my objections not all changes were made. So I could not sign the document.

Quotient, Inc. Response

Oct 14, 2014President

Prospective team member took issue with what we feel are some pretty straight forward and common employment docs and therefore declined to accept the offer.
    No hard feelings bro. All the best.

Web Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quotient, Inc..

The interviewing process was very thorough with multiple people. They were detailed and interested in my goals. I initially spoke with a recruiter then a manager over the phone which led to a face to face interview at the corp office in Columbia where I met with three more people over a couple hours. The checked everyone of my references. The president of the company also stopped in to introduce himself. He also gave me his card and asked me to call him if I needed anything which I found to be very nice, unique and generous.

Interview Questions
    Easy. All my requirements were met.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Quotient, Inc. in July 2008.

Great people, sorry I didn't get job

Developer Interview

Multiple step process. Very thorough. Good experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my values and how they apply to my work life. Found that interesting and refreshing.   Answer Question
    Easy and met expectations.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quotient, Inc..

It was a one hour telephone screen by 4 interviewers, followed by an in-person interview, which took about 2 hours by four people again. I was asked from basic linux questions like find command, to F5 LTM, VMWare Virtualization, and bladelogic.