Qwest

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Attorney Interview

Senior Attorney
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Qwest in March 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with five attorneys and General Counsel. Had lunch with two including prospective boss.

Interview Question – Do not recall any unexpected questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Done through their headhunter. Not much latitude on salary. Did offer singing bonus.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qwest in November 2009.

Interview Details – Nicely done, straight-forward interview process. They made sure I was comfortable with the expectations and understood the good, the bad and the ugly.

Interview Question – How would you motivate a large cross-functional team to perform on a program where there is seemingly no other motivation to do so?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Again pretty straight forward.

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Customer Relationship Manager
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qwest in January 2009.

Interview Details – The best way to get in is to know someone. That way you can be sure your resume is reviewed and possibly accepted, AFterthatyou will need to pass a phone interview, then an HR interview, then meet withthe hiring manager. It takes time but can be worth it.

Interview Question – The hardest question I was asked is "If you were a car what kind would you be and why?"   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
Denver, CO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Qwest in June 2010.

Interview Details – Went well, I did a phone interview then had a 1:1 interview, and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Question – Please explain who you are as a person.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, ask for more no matter what they usually bump the salary a little.

Web Designer Interview

Web Designer
Denver, CO

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qwest in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very nice group interview with heads of various departments and peers. Also a 1:1 interview with my potential boss. After interviews were done, took about 2 weeks until i heard back from their HR department. Offer was made, contigent on background and drug screening.

Interview Question – Looking at our current website, what would you do to improve the look/performance of it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined after accepting a different offer from another company, which offered better benefits and more pay.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Denver, CO

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qwest in July 2009.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career services office. I got a phone-call from an HR/Recruiter to setup a possible phone interview to establish an idea about my career plans, academic merits, and some screening (technical / skills) questions. Once cleared, I was called on-site for a group-panel interview. The interviewing panel consisted of the hiring manager, tech lead, a software architect and two software engineers (developers). The hiring manager and software architect asked me questions about my research projects, software methodologies, and some behavioral questions like 'how would you handle situation like..'. Software Engineers tested my skills in Java + OO-Paradigm via case-questioning. The tech lead tried to gain an understanding about what kind of performance tuning or testing / instrumentation knowledge I had.

The interview lasted for 90 minutes (appx.).

Interview Question – Explain some of the data observer patterns you might have used in your past network programming experience.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qwest in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter via phone call & follow-up email. We had a brief discussion, he reached out to the hiring manager & I had a interview set up the following day.

Interview was very brief, 1 hr. The interview read my CV very closely and he wanted to speak to a few of the positions I'd held. Conversation was casual and very comfortable.

Recruiter called back in 2 days, stated there was no need for a follow-up, as the manager wanted to extend an offer.

Advise:
1. Dress professional regardless of position. (I was in a suit, hiring manager was business casual)
2. Know your CV (resume) through & through. Be able to speak to each job and how you personally added value. Be able to fill in the blanks.

Interview Question – In your last position, did you have to fight for what you believed to be the right decision? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I dealt directly with the recruiter concerning negotiations. The offer came in low, but as I felt the client wanted to fill the position quickly I ended up asking directly what the pay range was.

Then stated that would accept at the highest dollar amount of that range.
Could not negotiate further vacation time, etc.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qwest in July 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly lengthy. Had a total of 4 interviews. Met with VP, and then with three directors, each a 1 on 1 meeting. I believe the meetings with the Directors were to identify where I would best fit within the company. Then finally interviewed with my current boss.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you? What do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate a few thousand more than originally offered

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qwest in March 2009.

Interview Details – Typical behavioral-based interview questions. Received an online, multiple choice test first before in-person interview. This online test consisted of the usual questions; how would you rate yourslef in various areas, what would you former supervisor say about you and how would they rate you in those areas. Also, questions like how do you plan your day, etc.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qwest in February 2009.

Interview Details – It was an internal move from process management to product management. I had worked with the hiring director before on another project.

Interview Question – What product management experience I had in the past.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate, but I was able to get the salary I wanted.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Qwest? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qwest interview questions and advice in Denver, CO. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qwest employees and interview candidates.