Qwest

41 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Retail Sales Associate Interview

Grand Junction, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qwest in May 2010.

Interview Details – There was an online assessment, followed by two personal interviews, and several questionires. Then there was a long waiting period for a background check.

Interview Question – None of the questions seemed difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Attorney Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Qwest in March 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with five attorneys and General Counsel. Had lunch with two including prospective boss.

Interview Question – Do not recall any unexpected questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Done through their headhunter. Not much latitude on salary. Did offer singing bonus.

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Field Marketing Manager
Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qwest.

Interview Details – Introduced by a friend leaving the position. Started with a phone interview. Followed by several email communications. Company was in the process of a reverse merger, so my particular situation was drawn out over a 3 month period, ugh. This was a unique case because I was introduced by a friend, and due to the merger they were in a hiring freeze so my application was in suspension. When the ok to hire came, we picked up where we left off and it moved more rapidly.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Behavioral questions, asked for examples of skill sets. One on one scenario and it was informal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My situation was over a 90 day period. When we finally met for the in-person final interview, I was asked about salary and I had to remind interviewer of the range specified early on. I hit at the high end and they agreed. Also brought up stock options as this was in the dot com era, got em.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Sales and Service Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Qwest.

Interview Details – Arrived at building, sat down and did a computer based scenario test, then did a face to face interview, offered position on the spot.

Interview Question – None really, all very basic questions. What sales experience do you have? Are you comfortable speaking on the phone?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered job same day as interview.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qwest.

Interview Details – I knew a manager of one of the stores. He personally passed my name and information on to the Regional Manager. I received an interview the following week and the job offer the next day. I am pretty sure that the process would not have been as quick if I had not known somebody on the inside.

Interview Question – They were all standard questions, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qwest in November 2009.

Interview Details – Nicely done, straight-forward interview process. They made sure I was comfortable with the expectations and understood the good, the bad and the ugly.

Interview Question – How would you motivate a large cross-functional team to perform on a program where there is seemingly no other motivation to do so?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Again pretty straight forward.

Major Account Executive Interview

Major Account Executive
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qwest in January 2010.

Interview Details – A five step interview process. First, a phone interview with the Human Resources Department, followed by a first interview at the local sales office. Several weeks pass and a second interview is set up. The Regional Director attends this interview. Several more weeks pass and a third is scheduled, where a tentative offer is made. A final phone call with HR solidifies the offer and your acceptance.

Interview Question – Why would you rather work for Qwest than AT&T or Verizon?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated however Qwest's HR team was unwilling to negotiate the salary.

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qwest in January 2009.

Interview Details – The best way to get in is to know someone. That way you can be sure your resume is reviewed and possibly accepted, AFterthatyou will need to pass a phone interview, then an HR interview, then meet withthe hiring manager. It takes time but can be worth it.

Interview Question – The hardest question I was asked is "If you were a car what kind would you be and why?"   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Denver, CO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Qwest in June 2010.

Interview Details – Went well, I did a phone interview then had a 1:1 interview, and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Question – Please explain who you are as a person.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, ask for more no matter what they usually bump the salary a little.

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qwest in January 2009.

Interview Details – Had to do a phone simulation and no direction was given so when they asked questions that weren't on the information sheet, I was not sure if you should make up an answer or tell the pretend 'customer' that you don't know the answer because if it were a real call you'd place the customer on hold and ask someone but there was no one to ask during the interview, of course. It was very confusing and no explanation at the beginning to prepare you for what to do. On a a real call you wouldn't make up an answer if a customer asked you something so I didn't want to do that either. Overall, I felt it was setting you up for failure either way and this led me to become nervous and not do well. I've never bombed an interview in my life. I actually grew up doing interviews in pageants and won 'best interview' awards frequently. This interview process was horrible and the worst part is that I really wanted the job because it paid well and had decent benefits!

Interview Question – the only thing you had to do was a phone simulation   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qwest

Worked for Qwest? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qwest interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qwest employees and interview candidates.