Qwest Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2014
42 interviews

2.7

Program Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Qwest in November 2010.

The interview process for this company was fairly straight forward and easy. the company was very friendly and was more of a background and history questionnaire than a pointed question or hypothetical questing thing.

salary

Senior Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Junction, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qwest in May 2010.

There was an online assessment, followed by two personal interviews, and several questionires. Then there was a long waiting period for a background check.

Senior Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Qwest in March 2009.

Interviewed with five attorneys and General Counsel. Had lunch with two including prospective boss.

Interview Questions
    • Do not recall any unexpected questions.   View Answer
    Done through their headhunter. Not much latitude on salary. Did offer singing bonus.

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Qwest.

Introduced by a friend leaving the position. Started with a phone interview. Followed by several email communications. Company was in the process of a reverse merger, so my particular situation was drawn out over a 3 month period, ugh. This was a unique case because I was introduced by a friend, and due to the merger they were in a hiring freeze so my application was in suspension. When the ok to hire came, we picked up where we left off and it moved more rapidly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Behavioral questions, asked for examples of skill sets. One on one scenario and it was informal.   Answer Question
    My situation was over a 90 day period. When we finally met for the in-person final interview, I was asked about salary and I had to remind interviewer of the range specified early on. I hit at the high end and they agreed. Also brought up stock options as this was in the dot com era, got em.

Customer Sales and Service Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Qwest.

Arrived at building, sat down and did a computer based scenario test, then did a face to face interview, offered position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • None really, all very basic questions. What sales experience do you have? Are you comfortable speaking on the phone?   Answer Question
    Offered job same day as interview.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Qwest.

I knew a manager of one of the stores. He personally passed my name and information on to the Regional Manager. I received an interview the following week and the job offer the next day. I am pretty sure that the process would not have been as quick if I had not known somebody on the inside.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qwest in November 2009.

Nicely done, straight-forward interview process. They made sure I was comfortable with the expectations and understood the good, the bad and the ugly.

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate a large cross-functional team to perform on a program where there is seemingly no other motivation to do so?   Answer Question
    Again pretty straight forward.

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Qwest in January 2010.

A five step interview process. First, a phone interview with the Human Resources Department, followed by a first interview at the local sales office. Several weeks pass and a second interview is set up. The Regional Director attends this interview. Several more weeks pass and a third is scheduled, where a tentative offer is made. A final phone call with HR solidifies the offer and your acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you rather work for Qwest than AT&T or Verizon?   View Answer
    I negotiated however Qwest's HR team was unwilling to negotiate the salary.

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qwest in January 2009.

The best way to get in is to know someone. That way you can be sure your resume is reviewed and possibly accepted, AFterthatyou will need to pass a phone interview, then an HR interview, then meet withthe hiring manager. It takes time but can be worth it.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question I was asked is "If you were a car what kind would you be and why?"   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Qwest in June 2010.

Went well, I did a phone interview then had a 1:1 interview, and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain who you are as a person.   View Answer
    Yes, ask for more no matter what they usually bump the salary a little.

Worked for Qwest? Contribute to the Community!