Qwest Interview Questions

2.7

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Qwest.

Introduced by a friend leaving the position. Started with a phone interview. Followed by several email communications. Company was in the process of a reverse merger, so my particular situation was drawn out over a 3 month period, ugh. This was a unique case because I was introduced by a friend, and due to the merger they were in a hiring freeze so my application was in suspension. When the ok to hire came, we picked up where we left off and it moved more rapidly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Behavioral questions, asked for examples of skill sets. One on one scenario and it was informal.   Answer Question
    My situation was over a 90 day period. When we finally met for the in-person final interview, I was asked about salary and I had to remind interviewer of the range specified early on. I hit at the high end and they agreed. Also brought up stock options as this was in the dot com era, got em.

Customer Sales and Service Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Qwest.

Arrived at building, sat down and did a computer based scenario test, then did a face to face interview, offered position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • None really, all very basic questions. What sales experience do you have? Are you comfortable speaking on the phone?   Answer Question
    Offered job same day as interview.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Qwest.

I knew a manager of one of the stores. He personally passed my name and information on to the Regional Manager. I received an interview the following week and the job offer the next day. I am pretty sure that the process would not have been as quick if I had not known somebody on the inside.

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Qwest in November 2010.

The interview process for this company was fairly straight forward and easy. the company was very friendly and was more of a background and history questionnaire than a pointed question or hypothetical questing thing.

salary

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qwest in September 2010.

First applied online, then about 10 days later had a short interview followed by a 3-hour test of skill. This included multiple choice questions followed by a somewhat exhausting exercise (but not difficult) using a mock up database. The training period is 10 weeks (rather long).

Interview Questions

I was offered a better job and was a bit put off by the screening process. The interview itself was fine but I thought the screening process was excessive.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qwest in June 2010.

Initially the company was excited about my previous experience and everything that I had offered. They brought me in for a 1:1 interview. However, after finding out that I had been unemployed for several months it seemed like they weren't interested. they were looking for someone who was currently employed.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Qwest in June 2010.

Went well, I did a phone interview then had a 1:1 interview, and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain who you are as a person.   View Answer
    Yes, ask for more no matter what they usually bump the salary a little.

Senior Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Junction, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qwest in May 2010.

There was an online assessment, followed by two personal interviews, and several questionires. Then there was a long waiting period for a background check.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qwest in February 2010.

Very nice group interview with heads of various departments and peers. Also a 1:1 interview with my potential boss. After interviews were done, took about 2 weeks until i heard back from their HR department. Offer was made, contigent on background and drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • Looking at our current website, what would you do to improve the look/performance of it.   Answer Question

I declined after accepting a different offer from another company, which offered better benefits and more pay.

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Qwest in January 2010.

A five step interview process. First, a phone interview with the Human Resources Department, followed by a first interview at the local sales office. Several weeks pass and a second interview is set up. The Regional Director attends this interview. Several more weeks pass and a third is scheduled, where a tentative offer is made. A final phone call with HR solidifies the offer and your acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you rather work for Qwest than AT&T or Verizon?   View Answer
    I negotiated however Qwest's HR team was unwilling to negotiate the salary.

Worked for Qwest? Contribute to the Community!