Qwest Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2014

2.7

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qwest in November 2009.

Nicely done, straight-forward interview process. They made sure I was comfortable with the expectations and understood the good, the bad and the ugly.

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate a large cross-functional team to perform on a program where there is seemingly no other motivation to do so?   Answer Question
    Again pretty straight forward.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Qwest in October 2009.

I was contacted by a recruiter via phone call & follow-up email. We had a brief discussion, he reached out to the hiring manager & I had a interview set up the following day.

Interview was very brief, 1 hr. The interview read my CV very closely and he wanted to speak to a few of the positions I'd held. Conversation was casual and very comfortable.

Recruiter called back in 2 days, stated there was no need for a follow-up, as the manager wanted to extend an offer.

Advise:
    1. Dress professional regardless of position. (I was in a suit, hiring manager was business casual)
    2. Know your CV (resume) through & through. Be able to speak to each job and how you personally added value. Be able to fill in the blanks.

Interview Questions
    • In your last position, did you have to fight for what you believed to be the right decision? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I dealt directly with the recruiter concerning negotiations. The offer came in low, but as I felt the client wanted to fill the position quickly I ended up asking directly what the pay range was.

Then stated that would accept at the highest dollar amount of that range.
    Could not negotiate further vacation time, etc.

Kiosk Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Qwest in September 2009.

I responded to online posting of job, submitted resume and was contacted by the district manager 5 days later. He was traveling to the location and holding interviews the following day. Didn't seem to have flexibility due to the travel and late call. Used a Targeted Selection interview guide- which is a behavior based interview program that I used in my most recent job. The interview took about 40 minutes. I know he skipped a number of questions- which to me meant he already had an decision in mind.

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider to be the biggest contribution you have made to your current organization.   Answer Question

I found that during the interview someone from the current team as an internal candidate applied and was being interviewed for the position. As Kiosk manager- you are responsible for sales performance- and I knew the internal candidate would likely be miffed over not getting the promotion.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qwest in July 2009.

I applied through my university's career services office. I got a phone-call from an HR/Recruiter to setup a possible phone interview to establish an idea about my career plans, academic merits, and some screening (technical / skills) questions. Once cleared, I was called on-site for a group-panel interview. The interviewing panel consisted of the hiring manager, tech lead, a software architect and two software engineers (developers). The hiring manager and software architect asked me questions about my research projects, software methodologies, and some behavioral questions like 'how would you handle situation like..'. Software Engineers tested my skills in Java + OO-Paradigm via case-questioning. The tech lead tried to gain an understanding about what kind of performance tuning or testing / instrumentation knowledge I had.

The interview lasted for 90 minutes (appx.).

Interview Questions
    • Explain some of the data observer patterns you might have used in your past network programming experience.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qwest in March 2009.

Typical behavioral-based interview questions. Received an online, multiple choice test first before in-person interview. This online test consisted of the usual questions; how would you rate yourslef in various areas, what would you former supervisor say about you and how would they rate you in those areas. Also, questions like how do you plan your day, etc.

Senior Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Qwest in March 2009.

Interviewed with five attorneys and General Counsel. Had lunch with two including prospective boss.

Interview Questions
    • Do not recall any unexpected questions.   View Answer
    Done through their headhunter. Not much latitude on salary. Did offer singing bonus.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Qwest in February 2009.

It was an internal move from process management to product management. I had worked with the hiring director before on another project.

Interview Questions
    • What product management experience I had in the past.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate, but I was able to get the salary I wanted.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qwest in January 2009.

Had to do a phone simulation and no direction was given so when they asked questions that weren't on the information sheet, I was not sure if you should make up an answer or tell the pretend 'customer' that you don't know the answer because if it were a real call you'd place the customer on hold and ask someone but there was no one to ask during the interview, of course. It was very confusing and no explanation at the beginning to prepare you for what to do. On a a real call you wouldn't make up an answer if a customer asked you something so I didn't want to do that either. Overall, I felt it was setting you up for failure either way and this led me to become nervous and not do well. I've never bombed an interview in my life. I actually grew up doing interviews in pageants and won 'best interview' awards frequently. This interview process was horrible and the worst part is that I really wanted the job because it paid well and had decent benefits!

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qwest in January 2009.

The best way to get in is to know someone. That way you can be sure your resume is reviewed and possibly accepted, AFterthatyou will need to pass a phone interview, then an HR interview, then meet withthe hiring manager. It takes time but can be worth it.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question I was asked is "If you were a car what kind would you be and why?"   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qwest in July 2008.

Interview process was fairly lengthy. Had a total of 4 interviews. Met with VP, and then with three directors, each a 1 on 1 meeting. I believe the meetings with the Directors were to identify where I would best fit within the company. Then finally interviewed with my current boss.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you? What do you bring to the table?   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate a few thousand more than originally offered