Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Qwest
- Software Engineer (3)
- Account Manager (2)
- Senior Product Manager (2)
- Sales Consultant (2)
- Customer Sales and Service Associate (2)
- Retail Sales Associate (2)
- Design Engineer (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Senior Retail Sales Associate (1)
- Technical Lead - Testing (1)
- Strategic Supplier Manager (1)
- Sales Associate (1)
- Member of Technical Staff (1)
- Customer Service (1)
- Sales Manager (1)
- Sourcing Manager (1)
- Field Marketing Manager (1)
- Senior UI Designer (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Sales Representative (1)
- Sales Support (1)
- Senior Attorney (1)
- Customer Relationship Manager (1)
- Customer Sales and Service (1)
- Senior Program Manager (1)
- Major Account Executive (1)
- Global Account Manager (1)
- Senior Account Executive (1)
- Kiosk Manager (1)
- Software Engineer Intern (1)
Program Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Qwest in November 2010.
The interview process for this company was fairly straight forward and easy. the company was very friendly and was more of a background and history questionnaire than a pointed question or hypothetical questing thing.
- Not one that really stood out. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Qwest
Program Manager InterviewApplication Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Qwest in October 2009.Interview Details
I was contacted by a recruiter via phone call & follow-up email. We had a brief discussion, he reached out to the hiring manager & I had a interview set up the following day.
Interview was very brief, 1 hr. The interview read my CV very closely and he wanted to speak to a few of the positions I'd held. Conversation was casual and very comfortable.
Recruiter called back in 2 days, stated there was no need for a follow-up, as the manager wanted to extend an offer.
1. Dress professional regardless of position. (I was in a suit, hiring manager was business casual)
2. Know your CV (resume) through & through. Be able to speak to each job and how you personally added value. Be able to fill in the blanks.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsI dealt directly with the recruiter concerning negotiations. The offer came in low, but as I felt the client wanted to fill the position quickly I ended up asking directly what the pay range was.
- In your last position, did you have to fight for what you believed to be the right decision? How did you handle it? Answer Question
Then stated that would accept at the highest dollar amount of that range.
Could not negotiate further vacation time, etc.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview