Qwest Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qwest in June 2008.

An old friend who worked for the company let me know there were a few locations that were short staffed. He recommended I email a specific district manager to confirm which positions were open and at what locations. Normally, this information is available on the website, but my contact explained that the manager would know of upcoming vacancies before it hit the internet. In the end, I still had to apply via the corporate website just like everyone else.

They generally do in person interviews, but mine was over the phone due to a conflict I couldn't get out of. They asked primarily behavioral questions. You know, the "tell me about a time when you blah blah blah". The best advice I can give is to think about the question, be honest, and use your real experience to back up your answers. My interviewer seemed a bit distracted, and after a while I wasn't 100% sure they were listening closely. This might be a tactic to get you to ramble on though, so watch for that.

The interview took about 45 minutes. I was told they would be interviewing other candidates and would hear from Human Resources regarding the outcome. It took about 2 weeks for me to hear back - the HR people were very nice, explained everything, and weren't phased by all of my questions. They were the most welcoming group I worked with until I went to training.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you discovered unethical behavior at work.   Answer Question
    • This position requires working nights, weekends, and holidays. Will you be able to work varied hours?   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate. Basically I told the HR person to give me 24 hours to decide on the offer, and I used that time to research it using PayScale.com and a few other sites. The position I applied for was a union position so there were certain wage ranges that had to be considered. Advice? Go for it. Make a convincing argument (experience, commute, benefits, etc) - the worst they'll say is no. I was able to go up a range based on my experience and achievements in sales. Also, make sure your resume and references backs up any claim you make!