1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qwest in July 2009.

I applied through my university's career services office. I got a phone-call from an HR/Recruiter to setup a possible phone interview to establish an idea about my career plans, academic merits, and some screening (technical / skills) questions. Once cleared, I was called on-site for a group-panel interview. The interviewing panel consisted of the hiring manager, tech lead, a software architect and two software engineers (developers). The hiring manager and software architect asked me questions about my research projects, software methodologies, and some behavioral questions like 'how would you handle situation like..'. Software Engineers tested my skills in Java + OO-Paradigm via case-questioning. The tech lead tried to gain an understanding about what kind of performance tuning or testing / instrumentation knowledge I had.

The interview lasted for 90 minutes (appx.).

Interview Questions
  • Explain some of the data observer patterns you might have used in your past network programming experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Qwest? Contribute to the Community!