R/GA

Updated Jul 13, 2014

2.5

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at R/GA in June 2014.

Received an email for first phone interview with HR within week of applying. Easy going and overall, not hard at all if you've worked in a assistant project management/producer role in digital marketing/ad agency. Second interview was at HQ. I met with a few executive producers which was 30 minutes each. Mostly conversational (no pressure). Third interview was 3 weeks in and I met with Account Directors and Producers (30 mins each). Very laid back but passionate people. Got a call 3 days later with offer. Negotiable.

Interview Questions
  • Have you worked with:

SOW's(Statement of work)
    advertising budgets
    banner ads
    digital coordinating

Dou you have a firm (moderate) understanding of:

creative design
    web technology
    project management
      Answer Question
Negotiable. Always negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for R/GA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at R/GA in May 2014.

Great experience. Team was very open and transparent with what they were looking for.
    Recruiter was fantastic with keeping applicant informed and in the loop as to status.
    Introduced me to other office that had a better position fit per my skill set

Associate Producer Interview

I applied for the job at R/GA, and was happy to hear that I got an interview. They scheduled it for the next day in NY. I was based in DC, and they did not offer to pay for my train ticket up to the city. (Which is fine, since it's a relatively junior position.)

Most of the interviews went well, but there was one person in particular who just seemed to be acting difficult for the sake of acting difficult. This "hard-ass" routine was not very welcoming and turned me off to the whole experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at R/GA.

After submitting my c/v via the company site, I was contacted 4 months later by a freelance recruiter per request of the senior hiring manager. I had an initial phone interview which went well as well as a follow-up phone interview 3 weeks later which also went well. I was informed on the second call they would like to bring me in for an interview. We went back and forth for 4 weeks in an attempt to find someone on the "team" with the time to meet with me in person.

Suffice it to say, this never happened, and I never heard from the R/GA recruiter again.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews went well. Standard terrain. I was well prepared and qualified.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at R/GA in January 2013.

The interview process with R/GA was one of the best I have had. From the first moment of communication with the recruiter to the last, my experience was fluid, transparent, and very well handled by the people of R/GA SF.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at R/GA in January 2011.

You might have some comfortable chats with people at R/GA but they will take forever to respond to you and basically waste your time. Focus your energy on smaller companies who are actually looking for talented people to contribute to their business and respond to candidates timely

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions, many of which they couldn't answer themselves.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R/GA in September 2010.

I had already established contact with individuals within the agency and was doing my typically "let's meet for coffee while I'm in the area" type networking. However this go round instead of my regular contact responding, I was contacted by an agency recruiter. We set up time for me to meet with the recruiter and the head of the department. The department head didn't realize I had traveling from out of town, but once he realized he did his best to get me in front of a few more people even though it was late in the day. A week later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. At the end of the call, I was offered the job. It wasn't until I was working at the agency that I learned my interview process was not typical. Most folks take weeks that turn into months before being offered a position. And several must apply more than once. Lesson I learned is that it is much easier to get into R/GA when there is a high enough level person on the inside doing his or her best to pull you in than when you are outside trying to bust down the door. I lucked up to have a champion especially since I didn't realize just how big a champion is was at the time.

Interview Questions
    • What's the website development process?   View Answer
    Wasn't able to negotiate jack sh*t. No relocation nor a higher salary that took into consideration my previous project management experience. To be honest, if the agency wasn't considered the "Harvard of digital advertising" I would have declined based on the insult in salary alone. Once inside the agency, I learned that it is typical to low ball everyone on a salary from the jump. The same is true for position titles. For the non-senior roles, R/GA wants you to "prove yourself" before it is willing to acknowledge what you already bring to the table.