R/GA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at R/GA.

The interview was very informal. The first interviewer didn't know anything technical. He kept uttering the f word and using "sexy" as a reference word to describe the code. I took that as a normal practice in the ad industry. I was told that the next recruiter would be a technical one. He just stopped me when I started explaining oops answers. A few general questions and I was told I would be invited for the next round. After personally following up with the HR in 2 weeks, I was told that I was not selected. Nothing against the company but the overall experience was unprofessional.

Art Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R/GA.

I went in twice and met with 5 people. I wanted to leave my previous job so I told them I had another offer, which I did to expedite the hiring process because I was aware they take quite a while to hire.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly they didn't ask anything major but one person who interviewed me had his feet up on the desk which seemed an effort to intimidate me, not sure what that was about.   Answer Question
    It happened very quickly because I had another offer and needed to respond to the best offer quickly as not to make anyone seem like they were a second choice. They weren't honest about the type of work I would be doing which I was not happy about once I accepted the offer. It seems that happens to a lot of new hires.

Creative Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at R/GA.

4 rounds of 2-3 hr interviews over 2 months.
    The first one was a 1hr phone call with an internal recruiter, then a series of in person and skype interviews with different people. It was tedious and time consuming as I had to take time off work each time. They didn't tell me it was going to be such an effort but I had already invested so much time into this that I just kept on accepting the meetings they'd scheduled.

Yes, salary was good

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R/GA.

I applied to the position and received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was cancelled a few hours before the scheduled time and I was told to wait for a follow up with a different recruiter. I followed up with them twice, but no response whatsoever.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at R/GA in August 2014.

I got the first call 4 days after I sent my application. The first round I talked with HR for half an hour. And 3 days later, I received an on-site interview. It was with the manager and then the director of the team. It lasted about an hour. People were nice. But I didn't get in.

Interview Questions
    • If you send direct mail to existing customers, how can you get the conversion rate without any promo code or other things?   Answer Question

Senior Applications Engineer (Java) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R/GA in July 2014.

Contacted through a 3rd party recruiter, had an initial screening, an hour technical interview. Also a skill test. The final phase was an in person discussion with two of their technical managers. One of them came very late to the interview room. He was also very busy with his phone and in between he will throw some random questions like "Have you done aspect oriented programming" :). and then he may go back to his phone while I replying to the question. The process was fairly positive experience except in the final phase.

I think R/GA grew rapidly after 2007 and some of their UI engineers also grew w.r.to responsibilities but they lack the depth to keep the interview interesting or some approach application engineers with a pre-judgement that they are less creative and not up to the firm's philosophy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, but didn't expect interviewer will be busy with the phone. During the final phase ,I felt that I'm UN-welcomed because the way one of the interviewer behaved. The other tried to "apologize" for him, but it made the interview less interesting for me and for the other interviewer.   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at R/GA in June 2014.

Received an email for first phone interview with HR within week of applying. Easy going and overall, not hard at all if you've worked in a assistant project management/producer role in digital marketing/ad agency. Second interview was at HQ. I met with a few executive producers which was 30 minutes each. Mostly conversational (no pressure). Third interview was 3 weeks in and I met with Account Directors and Producers (30 mins each). Very laid back but passionate people. Got a call 3 days later with offer. Negotiable.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked with:

SOW's(Statement of work)
      advertising budgets
      banner ads
      digital coordinating

Dou you have a firm (moderate) understanding of:

creative design
      web technology
      project management

Answer Question
    Negotiable. Always negotiate.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at R/GA in May 2014.

Great experience. Team was very open and transparent with what they were looking for.
    Recruiter was fantastic with keeping applicant informed and in the loop as to status.
    Introduced me to other office that had a better position fit per my skill set

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R/GA.

I applied and was brought in for an interview within about 2 weeks - very quick. Phone interview with the recruiter went very well and she brought me in the next week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - very standard. But it was very hard to connect with the team, unfortunately. There's a sense of "we've seen it all" here, which I'm usually good at getting around, but I found it was hard to keep the energy up.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I got one interview with 3 people in the team. It wasn't stressful. I just walked them through my work experience and portfolio
    The work culture seems very collaborative and cool people are here.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see this position will take you to your long-term goal.   Answer Question