R/GA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.9

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R/GA.

I applied to the position and received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was cancelled a few hours before the scheduled time and I was told to wait for a follow up with a different recruiter. I followed up with them twice, but no response whatsoever.

Senior Applications Engineer (Java) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R/GA in July 2014.

Contacted through a 3rd party recruiter, had an initial screening, an hour technical interview. Also a skill test. The final phase was an in person discussion with two of their technical managers. One of them came very late to the interview room. He was also very busy with his phone and in between he will throw some random questions like "Have you done aspect oriented programming" :). and then he may go back to his phone while I replying to the question. The process was fairly positive experience except in the final phase.

I think R/GA grew rapidly after 2007 and some of their UI engineers also grew w.r.to responsibilities but they lack the depth to keep the interview interesting or some approach application engineers with a pre-judgement that they are less creative and not up to the firm's philosophy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, but didn't expect interviewer will be busy with the phone. During the final phase ,I felt that I'm UN-welcomed because the way one of the interviewer behaved. The other tried to "apologize" for him, but it made the interview less interesting for me and for the other interviewer.   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at R/GA in June 2014.

Received an email for first phone interview with HR within week of applying. Easy going and overall, not hard at all if you've worked in a assistant project management/producer role in digital marketing/ad agency. Second interview was at HQ. I met with a few executive producers which was 30 minutes each. Mostly conversational (no pressure). Third interview was 3 weeks in and I met with Account Directors and Producers (30 mins each). Very laid back but passionate people. Got a call 3 days later with offer. Negotiable.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked with:

SOW's(Statement of work)
      advertising budgets
      banner ads
      digital coordinating

Dou you have a firm (moderate) understanding of:

creative design
      web technology
      project management
        Answer Question
    Negotiable. Always negotiate.

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at R/GA.

Very slow and long process. Phone screening by HR then several on-site interviews. Met about the total of 9-10 people. HR communication was offensive and did not respect candidate's time and dedication for their extremely long interview process. At the end of interview process (if the last interview I went in was the final interview), HR recruiter set up a phone conversation. Never got the call on the scheduled date. Inquired about the call by email twice but no reply at all!

Interview Questions
    • People who interviewed me did not know what position I was interviewing for, and it was difficult to connect with them because of the reason. Sr level management people were nice and professional. Employees seemed clingy. Probably unless you went to same school in NYC or know someone who works there, it would be a difficult place to get hired.   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at R/GA in May 2014.

Great experience. Team was very open and transparent with what they were looking for.
    Recruiter was fantastic with keeping applicant informed and in the loop as to status.
    Introduced me to other office that had a better position fit per my skill set

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R/GA.

I applied and was brought in for an interview within about 2 weeks - very quick. Phone interview with the recruiter went very well and she brought me in the next week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - very standard. But it was very hard to connect with the team, unfortunately. There's a sense of "we've seen it all" here, which I'm usually good at getting around, but I found it was hard to keep the energy up.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I got one interview with 3 people in the team. It wasn't stressful. I just walked them through my work experience and portfolio
    The work culture seems very collaborative and cool people are here.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see this position will take you to your long-term goal.   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at R/GA in January 2014.

1. CV Screening
    2. Application Question- If you were to design new technology, what would it be? Who in your network/ contacts would you use to help do this?
    3. Remote video conference interview- 20MINS
    Resume Questions, Emotional Intelligence questions (Strengths/ Weaknesses), why this role at R/GA, Competency Questions- challenge with senior, rest of questions were teamwork related specific to the coordinator role.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at R/GA in November 2013.

Initial conversation with the recruiter was very positive, following interview, did not respond to status inquires re the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in leaving your current employer.   Answer Question

ACD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at R/GA in September 2013.

I've tried to get my portfolio reviewed unsuccessfully but the recruiter seems to hire only her friends.

Interview Questions
    • It was a difficult interview because the recruiter didn't seem at all interested in what I had to say, very frustrating. Gave the impression that this is not a club that would have me as a member, or a club I would want to be in   Answer Question

Very very clique-y, not a professional interview.