R/GA Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2015

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at R/GA in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to complete an online interview. The process was easy enough - you get a set of 5 questions to answer. They are a mix of behavioral and brain teaser questions. After the online interview, I got a call back from the HR for a screening round. She told me that she would get back to me after speaking to the team. I had to follow up multiple times before finding out that they have moved on with other candidates. I felt like the system was not very professional and it wasted my time waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at R/GA.

Interview

I applied to the position a month ago through their official website. They got back to me very soon. The whole process started with a Skype interview with two designers from their team. Then they gave a design practice and gave me 1 week to prepare. I presented to the whole team and that was the final round. The whole User Experience team is very friendly and easy-going. I don't feel much pressure during the interview and presentation.

Engineering Job In Media Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Completed a project to get an on site interview. Spent most of the interview explaining my solution and the code that comes with it during a presentation. Was asked if I could handle writing computer programs from an interviewer whom didn't even look at my solution (or code)...and whom was barely qualified for the position. Oh...and I learned that this project they have you complete is basically a very close generalization of what they do in that department. Soooo...whomever has a solution they like gets an onsite interview...only for it to be explained to them in full detail. At that point i'm struggling to sort out why they would hire anyone when the staff should be smart enough to just steal from the best ideas they see. (I've had invites from other company's to complete projects like this so these guys aren't the only ones. BUT this is the first project I completed to see if I would get an on site interview). This may be the way job seeking goes these days but to be honest if doing work for them just to get an interview doesn't bother you as a job seeker then you are likely not human. This is the first period of time when I've encountered so much effort just to meet with an employer about work...but again the process makes it way too easy for them to steal ideas quite frankly. Interviewers were largely unprepared...which I didn't necessarily like. They are in their late 20's to early 30's (i'd prefer people with more life experience to be honest)...with less then 3 years each working at that place. A lot of people whom i designed the presentation for were not there. No offer was extended (in case you already didn't figure that out). The onsite portion (including the presentation) was easy but the fact that you do a project first makes this interview a joke.

Associate User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter through employee referral. Then had a meeting at R/GA. It was very easy going interview and they are trying to make me relax. I just started to explain my projects deeply and they gave me few questions about projects and me.

Junior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I got to meet a recruiter at a school career fair and I got a follow up email from the recruiter 2 days later. I wrote her back with my resume and link to my portfolio again then I had an interview within 2 days. The process was very short and the interview was about 30min.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn in school and what do you want to learn from R/GA?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very informal. The first interviewer didn't know anything technical. He kept uttering the f word and using "sexy" as a reference word to describe the code. I took that as a normal practice in the ad industry. I was told that the next recruiter would be a technical one. He just stopped me when I started explaining oops answers. A few general questions and I was told I would be invited for the next round. After personally following up with the HR in 2 weeks, I was told that I was not selected. Nothing against the company but the overall experience was unprofessional.

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R/GA.

Interview

I went in twice and met with 5 people. I wanted to leave my previous job so I told them I had another offer, which I did to expedite the hiring process because I was aware they take quite a while to hire.

Interview Questions

• Honestly they didn't ask anything major but one person who interviewed me had his feet up on the desk which seemed an effort to intimidate me, not sure what that was about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It happened very quickly because I had another offer and needed to respond to the best offer quickly as not to make anyone seem like they were a second choice. They weren't honest about the type of work I would be doing which I was not happy about once I accepted the offer. It seems that happens to a lot of new hires.

Creative Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at R/GA.

Interview

4 rounds of 2-3 hr interviews over 2 months. The first one was a 1hr phone call with an internal recruiter, then a series of in person and skype interviews with different people. It was tedious and time consuming as I had to take time off work each time. They didn't tell me it was going to be such an effort but I had already invested so much time into this that I just kept on accepting the meetings they'd scheduled.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, salary was good

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied to the position and received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was cancelled a few hours before the scheduled time and I was told to wait for a follow up with a different recruiter. I followed up with them twice, but no response whatsoever.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I got the first call 4 days after I sent my application. The first round I talked with HR for half an hour. And 3 days later, I received an on-site interview. It was with the manager and then the director of the team. It lasted about an hour. People were nice. But I didn't get in.

Interview Questions

• If you send direct mail to existing customers, how can you get the conversion rate without any promo code or other things?   Answer Question