R/GA Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.8

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R/GA.

I applied to the position and received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was cancelled a few hours before the scheduled time and I was told to wait for a follow up with a different recruiter. I followed up with them twice, but no response whatsoever.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at R/GA in June 2014.

Received an email for first phone interview with HR within week of applying. Easy going and overall, not hard at all if you've worked in a assistant project management/producer role in digital marketing/ad agency. Second interview was at HQ. I met with a few executive producers which was 30 minutes each. Mostly conversational (no pressure). Third interview was 3 weeks in and I met with Account Directors and Producers (30 mins each). Very laid back but passionate people. Got a call 3 days later with offer. Negotiable.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked with:

SOW's(Statement of work)
      advertising budgets
      banner ads
      digital coordinating

Dou you have a firm (moderate) understanding of:

creative design
      web technology
      project management
        Answer Question
    Negotiable. Always negotiate.

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at R/GA.

Very slow and long process. Phone screening by HR then several on-site interviews. Met about the total of 9-10 people. HR communication was offensive and did not respect candidate's time and dedication for their extremely long interview process. At the end of interview process (if the last interview I went in was the final interview), HR recruiter set up a phone conversation. Never got the call on the scheduled date. Inquired about the call by email twice but no reply at all!

Interview Questions
    • People who interviewed me did not know what position I was interviewing for, and it was difficult to connect with them because of the reason. Sr level management people were nice and professional. Employees seemed clingy. Probably unless you went to same school in NYC or know someone who works there, it would be a difficult place to get hired.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R/GA.

I applied and was brought in for an interview within about 2 weeks - very quick. Phone interview with the recruiter went very well and she brought me in the next week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - very standard. But it was very hard to connect with the team, unfortunately. There's a sense of "we've seen it all" here, which I'm usually good at getting around, but I found it was hard to keep the energy up.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I got one interview with 3 people in the team. It wasn't stressful. I just walked them through my work experience and portfolio
    The work culture seems very collaborative and cool people are here.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see this position will take you to your long-term goal.   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at R/GA in January 2014.

1. CV Screening
    2. Application Question- If you were to design new technology, what would it be? Who in your network/ contacts would you use to help do this?
    3. Remote video conference interview- 20MINS
    Resume Questions, Emotional Intelligence questions (Strengths/ Weaknesses), why this role at R/GA, Competency Questions- challenge with senior, rest of questions were teamwork related specific to the coordinator role.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at R/GA.

After submitting my c/v via the company site, I was contacted 4 months later by a freelance recruiter per request of the senior hiring manager. I had an initial phone interview which went well as well as a follow-up phone interview 3 weeks later which also went well. I was informed on the second call they would like to bring me in for an interview. We went back and forth for 4 weeks in an attempt to find someone on the "team" with the time to meet with me in person.

Suffice it to say, this never happened, and I never heard from the R/GA recruiter again.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews went well. Standard terrain. I was well prepared and qualified.   View Answer

Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at R/GA in March 2013.

First interview was an on-campus recruiting interview. It was pretty straightforward and only took up 10 minutes of the allotted 30 minute interview time (which led me to believe that it might have gone badly, but it turns out it didn't). There was a follow-up interview about 2 weeks later, done remotely. This interview was pretty straightforward as well and was a good opportunity to ask questions about current projects and what the position would entail. Overall, both interviews felt more like conversations than like formal interviews, which was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Not really anything in particular that stood out as difficult. Mostly just asked me to describe my projects and processes in detail.   Answer Question

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at R/GA in January 2012.

So the recruiter finally wakes up after 4 months and schedules me for an in-person interview at the office, and when I reach there tells me to come back 1.5 hours later. Total bunch of time wasting disrespectful clowns. After reading the other interview reviews it seems like R/GA is interested in recruiting warm bodies instead of talent.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at R/GA in August 2011.

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter later that day asking to schedule a phone interview for the following week. Meanwhile, I had already received an automated e-mail saying that my qualifications didn't match what they were looking for... but my phone interview was still scheduled. Red Flag #1.

The recruiter was very nice and warm, typical phone interview questions that lasted about 20 minutes, which followed into scheduling an in-person interview with the team I'd be working with for the following week. I was supposed to meet with 3 people, only 2 showed up. The offices are in total disarray because they're overcapacity. They're open-plan but sort of drab.

The 2-person panel interview lasted about an hour and didn't ask anything difficult. At the end of what seemed like something that had gone well I was told they'd be in touch. More than TWO weeks later, I'm still waiting on any sort of information. I just feel like it's only professional courtesy to let someone know one way or the other. Not only is this incredibly frustrating, but also really disrespectful.