R/GA Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at R/GA.

The interview was very informal. The first interviewer didn't know anything technical. He kept uttering the f word and using "sexy" as a reference word to describe the code. I took that as a normal practice in the ad industry. I was told that the next recruiter would be a technical one. He just stopped me when I started explaining oops answers. A few general questions and I was told I would be invited for the next round. After personally following up with the HR in 2 weeks, I was told that I was not selected. Nothing against the company but the overall experience was unprofessional.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R/GA.

I applied to the position and received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was cancelled a few hours before the scheduled time and I was told to wait for a follow up with a different recruiter. I followed up with them twice, but no response whatsoever.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at R/GA in August 2014.

I got the first call 4 days after I sent my application. The first round I talked with HR for half an hour. And 3 days later, I received an on-site interview. It was with the manager and then the director of the team. It lasted about an hour. People were nice. But I didn't get in.

Interview Questions
    • If you send direct mail to existing customers, how can you get the conversion rate without any promo code or other things?   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at R/GA in June 2014.

Received an email for first phone interview with HR within week of applying. Easy going and overall, not hard at all if you've worked in a assistant project management/producer role in digital marketing/ad agency. Second interview was at HQ. I met with a few executive producers which was 30 minutes each. Mostly conversational (no pressure). Third interview was 3 weeks in and I met with Account Directors and Producers (30 mins each). Very laid back but passionate people. Got a call 3 days later with offer. Negotiable.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked with:

SOW's(Statement of work)
      advertising budgets
      banner ads
      digital coordinating

Dou you have a firm (moderate) understanding of:

creative design
      web technology
      project management

Answer Question
    Negotiable. Always negotiate.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R/GA.

I applied and was brought in for an interview within about 2 weeks - very quick. Phone interview with the recruiter went very well and she brought me in the next week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - very standard. But it was very hard to connect with the team, unfortunately. There's a sense of "we've seen it all" here, which I'm usually good at getting around, but I found it was hard to keep the energy up.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I got one interview with 3 people in the team. It wasn't stressful. I just walked them through my work experience and portfolio
    The work culture seems very collaborative and cool people are here.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see this position will take you to your long-term goal.   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at R/GA in January 2014.

1. CV Screening
    2. Application Question- If you were to design new technology, what would it be? Who in your network/ contacts would you use to help do this?
    3. Remote video conference interview- 20MINS
    Resume Questions, Emotional Intelligence questions (Strengths/ Weaknesses), why this role at R/GA, Competency Questions- challenge with senior, rest of questions were teamwork related specific to the coordinator role.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at R/GA.

After submitting my c/v via the company site, I was contacted 4 months later by a freelance recruiter per request of the senior hiring manager. I had an initial phone interview which went well as well as a follow-up phone interview 3 weeks later which also went well. I was informed on the second call they would like to bring me in for an interview. We went back and forth for 4 weeks in an attempt to find someone on the "team" with the time to meet with me in person.

Suffice it to say, this never happened, and I never heard from the R/GA recruiter again.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews went well. Standard terrain. I was well prepared and qualified.   View Answer

Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at R/GA in March 2013.

First interview was an on-campus recruiting interview. It was pretty straightforward and only took up 10 minutes of the allotted 30 minute interview time (which led me to believe that it might have gone badly, but it turns out it didn't). There was a follow-up interview about 2 weeks later, done remotely. This interview was pretty straightforward as well and was a good opportunity to ask questions about current projects and what the position would entail. Overall, both interviews felt more like conversations than like formal interviews, which was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Not really anything in particular that stood out as difficult. Mostly just asked me to describe my projects and processes in detail.   Answer Question

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at R/GA in January 2012.

So the recruiter finally wakes up after 4 months and schedules me for an in-person interview at the office, and when I reach there tells me to come back 1.5 hours later. Total bunch of time wasting disrespectful clowns. After reading the other interview reviews it seems like R/GA is interested in recruiting warm bodies instead of talent.