R/GA Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn. Received a call 1+ week later. Had a call with HR, with pretty basic questions about my resume. Then had two separate in-person interviews one with the manager and one with the director. 1+ week later received an offer.

Engineering Job In Media Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Completed a project to get an on site interview. Spent most of the interview explaining my solution and the code that comes with it during a presentation. Was asked if I could handle writing computer programs from an interviewer whom didn't even look at my solution (or code)...and whom was barely qualified for the position. Oh...and I learned that this project they have you complete is basically a very close generalization of what they do in that department. Soooo...whomever has a solution they like gets an onsite interview...only for it to be explained to them in full detail. At that point i'm struggling to sort out why they would hire anyone when the staff should be smart enough to just steal from the best ideas they see. (I've had invites from other company's to complete projects like this so these guys aren't the only ones. BUT this is the first project I completed to see if I would get an on site interview). This may be the way job seeking goes these days but to be honest if doing work for them just to get an interview doesn't bother you as a job seeker then you are likely not human. This is the first period of time when I've encountered so much effort just to meet with an employer about work...but again the process makes it way too easy for them to steal ideas quite frankly. Interviewers were largely unprepared...which I didn't necessarily like. They are in their late 20's to early 30's (i'd prefer people with more life experience to be honest)...with less then 3 years each working at that place. A lot of people whom i designed the presentation for were not there. No offer was extended (in case you already didn't figure that out). The onsite portion (including the presentation) was easy but the fact that you do a project first makes this interview a joke.

Junior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I got to meet a recruiter at a school career fair and I got a follow up email from the recruiter 2 days later. I wrote her back with my resume and link to my portfolio again then I had an interview within 2 days. The process was very short and the interview was about 30min.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn in school and what do you want to learn from R/GA?   Answer Question

Associate User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter through employee referral. Then had a meeting at R/GA. It was very easy going interview and they are trying to make me relax. I just started to explain my projects deeply and they gave me few questions about projects and me.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very informal. The first interviewer didn't know anything technical. He kept uttering the f word and using "sexy" as a reference word to describe the code. I took that as a normal practice in the ad industry. I was told that the next recruiter would be a technical one. He just stopped me when I started explaining oops answers. A few general questions and I was told I would be invited for the next round. After personally following up with the HR in 2 weeks, I was told that I was not selected. Nothing against the company but the overall experience was unprofessional.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard all around. The process started with a phone screening with a recruiter and was followed by in-person interviews with three or four people. Each meeting was 1:1 and the interviewers asked a lot of the same questions. The process moved quickly compared to what some other candidates seem to have experienced.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied to the position and received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was cancelled a few hours before the scheduled time and I was told to wait for a follow up with a different recruiter. I followed up with them twice, but no response whatsoever.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I got the first call 4 days after I sent my application. The first round I talked with HR for half an hour. And 3 days later, I received an on-site interview. It was with the manager and then the director of the team. It lasted about an hour. People were nice. But I didn't get in.

Interview Questions

• If you send direct mail to existing customers, how can you get the conversion rate without any promo code or other things?   Answer Question

Financial Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter to determine skill set and previous experience was in line with open position. Thorough and rigorous conversations with several people from related department. Further interviews with future colleagues from assigned team. Numerous questions related to prior experience and how to handle anything extraordinary.

Interview Questions

• Describe your related experience and how it applies to the open position. What were your pros and cons of previous employment. What are your relevant skills that can be effective in this role. How did you handle specific situations relevant to the role.   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Received an email for first phone interview with HR within week of applying. Easy going and overall, not hard at all if you've worked in a assistant project management/producer role in digital marketing/ad agency. Second interview was at HQ. I met with a few executive producers which was 30 minutes each. Mostly conversational (no pressure). Third interview was 3 weeks in and I met with Account Directors and Producers (30 mins each). Very laid back but passionate people. Got a call 3 days later with offer. Negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with: SOW's(Statement of work) advertising budgets banner ads digital coordinating Dou you have a firm (moderate) understanding of: creative design web technology project management   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiable. Always negotiate.