R.J. O'Brien

Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at R.J. O'Brien in March 2009.

Interview Details – HR Department was reasonably responsive when queried. Long period between interview and notification that an offer would not be extended. Phone interview was with actual hiring manager, not with HR, so it was easier to get immediate feedback about expected knowledge, etc. In-person interview was long, with 3 separate 1:1 interviews from hiring manager up to C-level. Refreshments were offered.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working with QoS tools   View Answer
  • Draw a typical 3-zone firewall setup on the whiteboard   View Answer

Commodities Broker Interview

Commodities Broker

The process took a day - interviewed at R.J. O'Brien in October 2009.

Interview Details – They asked why do you think you would be successful as a broker. They also mention that there is a high turnover and most people quit the industry after 6 months because of the stress. I was asked how I am planning on avoiding burnout and why I think I would be a convincing voice on the phone.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to avoid burning out as so many new people do?   Answer Question
  • How much experience do you have prospecting people over the phone?   Answer Question

Worked for R.J. O'Brien? Contribute to the Community!