R+L Carriers

Relevance Date Difficulty

Reception Interview

Reception
Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at R+L Carriers in February 2010.

Interview Details – Basically went in for an interview with local management and was offered the job same day.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basically I was told how much the position paid and it was take it or leave it.

Mechanic Interview

Mechanic
Portland, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at R+L Carriers in December 2013.

Interview Details – Most was done by phone calls and emails. The interview was more of a please come and work here.

Interview Question – Can you help teach your potential boss how to do his job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Line Haul Driver Interview

Line Haul Driver
Sauget, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at R+L Carriers.

Interview Details – Several of us drivers at Conway Central were informed by a co worker that R+L was opening a new terminal in Sauget Il. We contacted the company and were told when to come and fill out applications. The application was straightforward, at that time the requirements were a minimum of three years safe driving experience and a CDL with Hazmat endorsement. Two weeks later four out of five were called back, (one guy had just had a heart attack). The interview was easy and cordial, just rehashing my career to make sure everything matched the application. When I asked when we would take a road test the interviewer said You've been driving for ten years with no accidents I think we are OK unless you really want to go for a drive.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave Conway and take a pay cut to work here? I explained that I was tired of pushing the log book to and sometimes past the legal limit and working the dock at Conway.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation from the standard pay scale.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Wilmington, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at R+L Carriers.

Interview Details – Very inexperienced people tried to interview me. I was asked basic questions in technology. I had 3 exp at the point and it was unreal. I was able to clear the interview easily but I didn't get the hint that I was joining a stupid place to work.

Negotiation Details – Negotiated 18% in salary

Mail Carrier Interview

Mail Carrier
Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at R+L Carriers in June 2012.

Interview Details – not much of an interview, i was asked if i wanted the job and i needed one so i took it and have been working here for 2 years

Interview Question – Literally "do you want to work here"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – "do you want a job"
"yes"

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Lakeland, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 7 months - interviewed at R+L Carriers in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews and initially was not hired. Their choice did not pan out after six months and I received and accepted the offer

Interview Question – What are your strengths, weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cut and dry. Everything up front. Non negotiable.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Ocala, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at R+L Carriers in June 2013.

Interview Details – 2 people and one on the phone give you interview, most questions are behavior question

Interview Question – How to maintenance code.   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

.NET Developer

I interviewed at R+L Carriers in August 2013.

Interview Details – A phone intervew from Ohio. Asking about resume questions and projects. All behavor questions.

Interview Question – Eg. Tell me about your former project that failed.   Answer Question

Social Media Writer/Community Manager Interview

Social Media Writer/Community Manager
Wilmington, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at R+L Carriers in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initial application was made by resume via email. HR department followed up to schedule interview and requested completion of their online application.

The interview was casual and incorporated both a "get to know you time" and conversation centered on experiences and skills. It was refreshing to be interviewed in a non scripted conversation style with multiple leaders in the hiring department.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult? I was asked why I was a better candidate than the others being considered. This brings the answer to personality, as I imagine we were all well qualified for the position. I imagine this question and my answer was used to best identify the best fit for this small tight knit department.   View Answer
  • I was asked the standard question about what makes me the best candidate out of the 3 being considered.   View Answer

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at R+L Carriers in February 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty easy to go through. I put in my application online and called the next day. I spoke with the terminal manager, who had me come in for an interview the next morning at 7am. Three days later I got a call stating that I had gotten the job and asking if I could start on Monday. The interview was very basic, just confirming what was already on my application, and discussing what the job would be like..

Interview Question – Honestly, there really wasn't one.   Answer Question

Worked for R+L Carriers? Contribute to the Community!