R+L Carriers Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

1.9

Web Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at R+L Carriers.

Interview

I send my resume on a campus job fair and got an on-site interview on Ocala office. The office is great and there is not much people in the building. There are three interviewers and they are so nice. But I did not treasure this opportunity and got reject from R+L.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at R+L Carriers in March 2015.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone, the second was over a month later. Then, about two weeks later they called me with an offer. We are still are still in the offer process...They made me an offer and I countered.

Line Haul Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at R+L Carriers (Sauget, IL).

Interview

Several of us drivers at Conway Central were informed by a co worker that R+L was opening a new terminal in Sauget Il. We contacted the company and were told when to come and fill out applications. The application was straightforward, at that time the requirements were a minimum of three years safe driving experience and a CDL with Hazmat endorsement. Two weeks later four out of five were called back, (one guy had just had a heart attack). The interview was easy and cordial, just rehashing my career to make sure everything matched the application. When I asked when we would take a road test the interviewer said You've been driving for ten years with no accidents I think we are OK unless you really want to go for a drive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave Conway and take a pay cut to work here? I explained that I was tired of pushing the log book to and sometimes past the legal limit and working the dock at Conway.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation from the standard pay scale.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at R+L Carriers (Wilmington, OH).

Interview

Very inexperienced people tried to interview me. I was asked basic questions in technology. I had 3 exp at the point and it was unreal. I was able to clear the interview easily but I didn't get the hint that I was joining a stupid place to work.

Negotiation

Negotiated 18% in salary

Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at R+L Carriers (Portland, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

Most was done by phone calls and emails. The interview was more of a please come and work here.

Interview Questions

• Can you help teach your potential boss how to do his job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

.NET Developer Interview

Application

interviewed at R+L Carriers in August 2013.

Interview

A phone intervew from Ohio. Asking about resume questions and projects. All behavor questions.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at R+L Carriers (Ocala, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

2 people and one on the phone give you interview, most questions are behavior question

Social Media Writer/Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R+L Carriers (Wilmington, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial application was made by resume via email. HR department followed up to schedule interview and requested completion of their online application.

The interview was casual and incorporated both a "get to know you time" and conversation centered on experiences and skills. It was refreshing to be interviewed in a non scripted conversation style with multiple leaders in the hiring department.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult? I was asked why I was a better candidate than the others being considered. This brings the answer to personality, as I imagine we were all well qualified for the position. I imagine this question and my answer was used to best identify the best fit for this small tight knit department.   1 Answer
    • I was asked the standard question about what makes me the best candidate out of the 3 being considered.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at R+L Carriers.

Interview

1) One round HR at my univeristy

Interview Questions

Was hoping for better offers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at R+L Carriers (Ocala, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

all the questions based on resume and my interview covers Java and Oracle database

Interview Questions

• Recruiter ask very detailed questions about my Java project.   1 Answer