R+L Carriers

1.9

Line Haul Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sauget, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sauget, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at R+L Carriers.

Several of us drivers at Conway Central were informed by a co worker that R+L was opening a new terminal in Sauget Il. We contacted the company and were told when to come and fill out applications. The application was straightforward, at that time the requirements were a minimum of three years safe driving experience and a CDL with Hazmat endorsement. Two weeks later four out of five were called back, (one guy had just had a heart attack). The interview was easy and cordial, just rehashing my career to make sure everything matched the application. When I asked when we would take a road test the interviewer said You've been driving for ten years with no accidents I think we are OK unless you really want to go for a drive.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave Conway and take a pay cut to work here? I explained that I was tired of pushing the log book to and sometimes past the legal limit and working the dock at Conway.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation from the standard pay scale.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at R+L Carriers.

Very inexperienced people tried to interview me. I was asked basic questions in technology. I had 3 exp at the point and it was unreal. I was able to clear the interview easily but I didn't get the hint that I was joining a stupid place to work.

Negotiated 18% in salary

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at R+L Carriers in December 2013.

Most was done by phone calls and emails. The interview was more of a please come and work here.

Interview Questions
    • Can you help teach your potential boss how to do his job?   View Answer
    none

.NET Developer Interview

interviewed at R+L Carriers in August 2013.

A phone intervew from Ohio. Asking about resume questions and projects. All behavor questions.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at R+L Carriers in June 2013.

2 people and one on the phone give you interview, most questions are behavior question

Social Media Writer/Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R+L Carriers in April 2013.

Initial application was made by resume via email. HR department followed up to schedule interview and requested completion of their online application.

The interview was casual and incorporated both a "get to know you time" and conversation centered on experiences and skills. It was refreshing to be interviewed in a non scripted conversation style with multiple leaders in the hiring department.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult? I was asked why I was a better candidate than the others being considered. This brings the answer to personality, as I imagine we were all well qualified for the position. I imagine this question and my answer was used to best identify the best fit for this small tight knit department.   View Answer
    • I was asked the standard question about what makes me the best candidate out of the 3 being considered.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at R+L Carriers.

1) One round HR at my univeristy

Interview Questions

Was hoping for better offers

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R+L Carriers in February 2013.

Talk with two interviewers for 30 minutes. No technical questions. Just ask about experience. Like what's your most hardest time and why, which course you do not like most.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at R+L Carriers in February 2013.

1 round interview on campus by 2 senior developers. But no technical questions. No coding.
    Then someday, one manager called me and gave me a offer.
    They said they are extending their offices in Ocala, FL. That's maybe the reason they hire students without any technical interviews.

Interview Questions

Not declined, still considering.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at R+L Carriers in February 2013.

Pretty easy to go through. I put in my application online and called the next day. I spoke with the terminal manager, who had me come in for an interview the next morning at 7am. Three days later I got a call stating that I had gotten the job and asking if I could start on Monday. The interview was very basic, just confirming what was already on my application, and discussing what the job would be like..