R+L Carriers Interview Questions

1.9

Reception Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at R+L Carriers in February 2010.

Basically went in for an interview with local management and was offered the job same day.

Interview Questions
    Basically I was told how much the position paid and it was take it or leave it.

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at R+L Carriers in December 2013.

Most was done by phone calls and emails. The interview was more of a please come and work here.

Interview Questions
    • Can you help teach your potential boss how to do his job?   View Answer
    none

Line Haul Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sauget, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sauget, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at R+L Carriers.

Several of us drivers at Conway Central were informed by a co worker that R+L was opening a new terminal in Sauget Il. We contacted the company and were told when to come and fill out applications. The application was straightforward, at that time the requirements were a minimum of three years safe driving experience and a CDL with Hazmat endorsement. Two weeks later four out of five were called back, (one guy had just had a heart attack). The interview was easy and cordial, just rehashing my career to make sure everything matched the application. When I asked when we would take a road test the interviewer said You've been driving for ten years with no accidents I think we are OK unless you really want to go for a drive.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave Conway and take a pay cut to work here? I explained that I was tired of pushing the log book to and sometimes past the legal limit and working the dock at Conway.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation from the standard pay scale.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at R+L Carriers.

Very inexperienced people tried to interview me. I was asked basic questions in technology. I had 3 exp at the point and it was unreal. I was able to clear the interview easily but I didn't get the hint that I was joining a stupid place to work.

Negotiated 18% in salary

Mail Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at R+L Carriers in June 2012.

not much of an interview, i was asked if i wanted the job and i needed one so i took it and have been working here for 2 years

"do you want a job"
    "yes"

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 7 months - interviewed at R+L Carriers in March 2010.

I had two interviews and initially was not hired. Their choice did not pan out after six months and I received and accepted the offer

Interview Questions
    Cut and dry. Everything up front. Non negotiable.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ocala, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at R+L Carriers in June 2013.

2 people and one on the phone give you interview, most questions are behavior question

.NET Developer Interview

interviewed at R+L Carriers in August 2013.

A phone intervew from Ohio. Asking about resume questions and projects. All behavor questions.

Social Media Writer/Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at R+L Carriers in April 2013.

Initial application was made by resume via email. HR department followed up to schedule interview and requested completion of their online application.

The interview was casual and incorporated both a "get to know you time" and conversation centered on experiences and skills. It was refreshing to be interviewed in a non scripted conversation style with multiple leaders in the hiring department.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult? I was asked why I was a better candidate than the others being considered. This brings the answer to personality, as I imagine we were all well qualified for the position. I imagine this question and my answer was used to best identify the best fit for this small tight knit department.   View Answer
    • I was asked the standard question about what makes me the best candidate out of the 3 being considered.   View Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at R+L Carriers in February 2013.

Pretty easy to go through. I put in my application online and called the next day. I spoke with the terminal manager, who had me come in for an interview the next morning at 7am. Three days later I got a call stating that I had gotten the job and asking if I could start on Monday. The interview was very basic, just confirming what was already on my application, and discussing what the job would be like..

Interview Questions

Worked for R+L Carriers? Contribute to the Community!