R+L Carriers Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.0

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at R+L Carriers.

Interview

3 interview rounds. Not so hard questions. Primary focus is understanding candidates work ethic and learning capabilities. The interviewers were were friendly and understanding. The whole process went smooth. Room for negotiation, don't forget to negotiate your vacation time.

Web Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at R+L Carriers.

Interview

I send my resume on a campus job fair and got an on-site interview on Ocala office. The office is great and there is not much people in the building. There are three interviewers and they are so nice. But I did not treasure this opportunity and got reject from R+L.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R+L Carriers in March 2015.

Interview

It was a two part process, over the phone with a recruiter followed by an interview with location supervisor. Really standard questions. I was able to negotiate salary to a 20% increase since I already had offers with competitors. During the first phone interview I understood things such as how fast the sector of the company I am going to, it grew over 500% in the last four years. That is always a great thing when jumping into a company, I learned that the volume of customers is so vast the the opportunities are endless. After about three questions about myself in both the phone and in person interview it wad mainly a Q&A for myself.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at R+L Carriers in March 2015.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone, the second was over a month later. Then, about two weeks later they called me with an offer. We are still are still in the offer process...They made me an offer and I countered.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at R+L Carriers (Concord, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

Fill out application, wait for call or you can call back and ask to talk to person who hires drivers. They'll tell ya if you have a job or not. They'll send ya to a dot physical and then do road test. If you pass the drug screen and road test your hired.

Interview Questions

• How long you have driven for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Normal.

Line Haul Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sauget, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R+L Carriers (Sauget, IL).

Interview

Several of us drivers at Conway Central were informed by a co worker that R+L was opening a new terminal in Sauget Il. We contacted the company and were told when to come and fill out applications. The application was straightforward, at that time the requirements were a minimum of three years safe driving experience and a CDL with Hazmat endorsement. Two weeks later four out of five were called back, (one guy had just had a heart attack). The interview was easy and cordial, just rehashing my career to make sure everything matched the application. When I asked when we would take a road test the interviewer said You've been driving for ten years with no accidents I think we are OK unless you really want to go for a drive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave Conway and take a pay cut to work here? I explained that I was tired of pushing the log book to and sometimes past the legal limit and working the dock at Conway.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation from the standard pay scale.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at R+L Carriers (Wilmington, OH).

Interview

Very inexperienced people tried to interview me. I was asked basic questions in technology. I had 3 exp at the point and it was unreal. I was able to clear the interview easily but I didn't get the hint that I was joining a stupid place to work.

Negotiation

Negotiated 18% in salary

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at R+L Carriers (Portland, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

Most was done by phone calls and emails. The interview was more of a please come and work here.

Interview Questions

• Can you help teach your potential boss how to do his job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I interviewed at R+L Carriers in August 2013.

Interview

A phone intervew from Ohio. Asking about resume questions and projects. All behavor questions.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at R+L Carriers (Ocala, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

2 people and one on the phone give you interview, most questions are behavior question