R+L Carriers

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R+L Carriers in June 2010.

Received an email asking for the typical pre-screen phone interview. Discussion was about a half hour and consisted of a quick overview of my current skill sets and experience.

Was asked a week later to come in for an in-person interview, the only one during the process. It consisted of a three person panel, two supervisors and their manager. One of the most laid back, conversational, and frankly low pressure interviews I've ever had. I've never been more comfortable or had as much instant rapport with my interviewers as I had with these guys, which was encouraging from a prospective employer standpoint since this was possibly foreshadowing a great working relationship.

Afterwards, they emailed me a test to observe my test case writing abilities, analytical mindset and attention to detail.

In general, the office and work culture appears quite casual, which is a welcome change for myself. They emphasized that they are first and foremost a trucking/shipping company - it pays the bills - and everything else is secondary. That includes QA. But IT is becoming incredibly integral to the process and bottom line, as evidenced by their department's growth and current hiring push.

Interview Questions
  • What was the reason you are leaving or have left your previous company, and if that situation came up here, would you leave us also?   View Answer
I did not negotiate because the offer I was given was considered fair.

I was offered more by others, but I feel the job security and corporate culture here outweighed the short term gain and high-pressure environment of the two contractor positions.