R. L. Polk Interview Questions

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at R. L. Polk in March 2012.

I was contacted by HR after my resume was found posted online. The initial contact scheduled a phone interview. During the phone interview they asked basic questions about my skill set, such as what coding classes I had taken, and what languages I knew. We then scheduled a 1:1 interview for a later date.

During the one on one interview I was asked to implement a sorting algorithm, because it was a topic I had recently covered in my classes. He also asked conceptual questions and thought-process questions such as "How many new tires do you think are bought in the United States every year?"

Interview Questions
    • White-board coding.   View Answer
    • How many tires are bought each year in the United States? Explain your thought process.   View Answer

Director, Sales & Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at R. L. Polk in January 2012.

They were very professional about process and asked probing questions about experiences, skills & knowledge of accounts that would be called on. They also did a good job of asking of "when" you did this or that types of questions

Interview Questions
    • They were really good about asking questions about experiences when I did this or how I accomplished that   Answer Question
    • Why I wanted there role versus others entertaining while still relatively early reviewing both   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R. L. Polk in November 2010.

Standard screening by HR on the phone.Then face to face panel with two managers and one on the phone. Interview questions were fairly loose and unstructured although some were 'textbook' (i.e. "What are the four P's of marketing"). Reference letter request and conversations with HR followed.
    Offer letter came shortly later.

Interview Questions
    Very easy. I asked for one amount and they offered more.

I T Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at R. L. Polk in April 2009.

I interviewed with an H.R. rep and technical lead on the team and then I followed up with a phone interview with the director. I was offered a position after both interviews, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the offer and I accepted it without negotiation.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at R. L. Polk in January 2009.

Two one-two hour interviews with various technical managers. Was technical in nature and consisted of basic string manipulation questions and working through data structure code. Should understand how to perform basic interview questions and also a basic understanding of data structures. Also know Java pretty well.

Data Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R. L. Polk in June 2007.

The woman I met with was very helpful and respectful. Although there wasn't an opening at that time, she gave me some helpful advice about applying and moving up in the company. There seemed to be a lot of room for growth. The people were friendly and easy to talk with.