R.R. Donnelley Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.5

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

2 stage interview. 1st more HR and 2nd more technical. Interview is straightforward. behavioral but situational scenarios needs to be explained. Be prepared to meet with multiple people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiations.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I went through a recruiter and then had a one to one with the Director, and then a phone interview with the lead PM at RR Donnelly. The Interview went really well. Explained my background, asked about what the team and project dynamic is, and saw a good fit.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Warrenville, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward and I found everyone very pleasant and helpful. Phone interview with HR, Phone interview with hiring manager, and an in person interview at their office with hiring manager, his boss, and someone from the team I was applying to be a part of

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role, Why are you looking to change, technical questions (for IT)   Answer Question

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillside, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Hillside, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

The company is going through a lot of contraction so it was a little awkward trying to see what the future would hold.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you had a problem you could not figure out and you had to find a solution on your own.   Answer Question

Employee Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in September 2009.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter for invitation to apply. Recruiter presented role and company over several calls prior to my acceptance to submit a resume. Held 1:1 phone interview with one manager and was requested to fly to Chicago to interview with Legal team, Director of ER, recruiter, and other team members. The interview was scheduled for a full day and the company paid to bring me in. I arrived at the office in the morning and the recruiter took the day off. The Director of ER and team conducted a very brief conversation and brought to the Legal Team. I spent 1 1/2 meeting their team and asking questions. I was scheduled to have lunch with the Director of ER however, I was told they were done with the interview and I could have lunch (by myself) in the cafeteria or take an earlier fight home. I elected to return to the airport at which time I was directed to the elevator and told I could catch a cab. I returned home and did not receive any return calls from the recruiter as to feedback or concerns. I would NEVER and I have steered others from applying to this company,

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience in handling employee relations casework.   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Chicago Heights, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (South Chicago Heights, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

There was a meet & greet followed by a question & answer segment with HR personnel. I wore business-casual attire for initial interview. After I answered all of the required questions, I was taken on a guided tour of work facility where I was going to be working. I was also shown where the cafeteria, locker rooms & bathrooms were located.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in manufacturing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a simple job offer & I accepted an entry level job.

DGT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Deerfield, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was handled on site at my previous company. The hiring manager asked to describe the daily routine. She was very nice and curious. Was impressed with my experience

Digital Graphics Technician III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Elgin, IL).

Interview

It is nothing more than a standard interview. No surprises and takes a long time to hear back. HR is nothing more than a drone to cover RRD's back.

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in February 2008.

Interview

Simple and somewhat quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was too inexperienced to know that I should negotiate. Big mistake.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in August 2008.

Interview

I got the interview through an employee referral. The HR rep contacted me first for an intial screen and asked me for dates/times for an in person interview. I was interviewed by the VP and Managers that I will be reporting to within the week. They asked basic questions related to my background and why I was looking to leave. Minimal technical questions were asked and the environment was very casual. The VP did the most talking and I didn't get a chance to give any input. I was offerred a job within two days after the 1:1 interview.