R.R. Donnelley Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.6

Digital Graphics Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Elgin, IL).

Interview

It is nothing more than a standard interview. No surprises and takes a long time to hear back. HR is nothing more than a drone to cover RRD's back.

Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (New York, NY).

Interview

interviewing process is friendly but tricky many questions are asked that are not traditional. a confident but not cocky attitude is the best way to answer and be relaxed. the staff is very nice and warm but it may take a long time before they get back to you

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online and took a week to hear back. Had phone screen with an HR. HR did not ask any productive questions. Did not feel the person asked any skills or knowledge that related to the job. Also, the questions they asked are too general and too broad. It only took 10 mins.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Warrenville, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward and I found everyone very pleasant and helpful. Phone interview with HR, Phone interview with hiring manager, and an in person interview at their office with hiring manager, his boss, and someone from the team I was applying to be a part of

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role, Why are you looking to change, technical questions (for IT)   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willard, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Willard, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Good questions, respectful interviewers, gave time to formulate a quality answers, were interested to make you comfortable with the process and company. Explained the culture of the company, so you could see if you would fit in.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring that could benefit the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They presented a fair offer, there was little back and forth due to the fairness of the offer.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

Spoke to an HR employee over the telephone. Had a good conversation about 15 minutes talking about past experiences in work and capabilities. She was proper and asked typical but good questions as an employer should.

Lead Press Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Durham, NC).

Interview

Talked w/ COO and department manager? Plant tour, spoke with current employèes. Shown all departments in process for finishing jobs. Met HR to be told benefits and company policy and SOPs. Entire process took in all aspects of customer expectations and quality printing. All in all interview went well. Lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions

• Years of exp. on machine in job desription.   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I was sent an email requesting a phone interview. The interview took about 20 minutes, just as the email had said. It was pretty much what I expected; they discussed the program, the sales-oriented track, mentioned the requirements and duration of each phase of the program. I was asked 3 or 4 pretty standard interview questions, and was also given time to ask my own questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a big decision that you had to make recently, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • This program starts at the ground floor, in the print production area. Would you be comfortable with this - as opposed to a job in a high rise?   Answer Question

Composition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Incredibly disjointed process. The "in-house" hiring personnel admitted they were not a permanent employee, which seemed a tad strange. This person was a consultant and was moody - mainly rude, sometimes nice. I have NEVER had such a frustrating process, but was absolutely glad to know how disjointed the company (at least at this location or within this branch) was/is. I could not get a response from the "real" HR department, had emails bounced back, and was accused of a false answer/response MULTIPLE times. SOOOOO glad to not work there!!!

Distribution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strasburg, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Strasburg, VA).

Interview

The interview was conducted by a three person panel. Very uncomfortable, felt more like an interrogation!!! Some of the questions were completed foolish, others too personal. The interview (with three people) took way to long and then I was given a test at the end.

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in 10 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We are offering this position as an entry level position into customer service.