R.R. Donnelley

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.7

Creative Strategist Interview

I'd give RRD a 6/10 in terms of screening you in. They vetted me well as a candidate; so first round of phone interviews went well, as did the initial in-person interview. The problem(s) were, these first layers did not have the same expectations for the role that the guy int he corner office had. There was a total disconnect.

With a background in design and strategy, I thought I'd try vendor-side for a change – the variety in client work sounded enticing... but they couldn't talk about the accounts.. just around the big ones based here in Atlanta. RRD aren't just printers anymore; whatever it is they do now is still a bit of a mystery. (Don't expect the website to help you prepare).

Because the creatives couldn't talk about which accounts this position might work with, it was difficult to learn more about the role really entailed. HR recruiters, an Art Director in NY and the Creative Director in Atlanta had a completely different vision from what the guy in the corner office had in mind. By the time I came in for the second in-person interview, I was hoping to finally learn about the role. Instead, corner office guy demanded to first see samples of my work. (Brought samples, but wanted to pick the most relevant). Turned out, what he really wants is someone who can sell, sell, sell. Creative background and conceptual abilities are not necessary for this role. All that's needed is a knowledge of whatever devices RRD manufactures and an ability to sell, sell, and upsell.

unpleasant last interview

Print Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

I applied on line and received a call within two days. I had a meeting set for two more days. It was a positive experience. I met the internal recruiter at a hotel. We ended up speaking for over 30 minutes. She was in a bit of a rush to catch a plane. This is a huge global company. It has many divisions. Make sure you do your homework about the company before you interview.

Sales Interview

very easy - in person interview, offer made a couple of days later, probably the easiest interview process i ever experienced. Not really sure what I can say -

Xbrl Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

My interview process was very swift. Altogether the process took about 2-3 weeks. The interviews were situation orientated dealing with experiences with clients, Great experience. The interviewers were very kind. The interview felt more of a conversation than a questionaire.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to go into detail a situation involving an angry client. I was asked to explain the relationships of GAAP statements and notes relating.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Had two managers in the interview. They were not sure of themselves and can easily see that they weren't qualified by the lack of substance in the interview. After answering a question their was a long pause for them to think up the next question. They weren't prepared with question and it seemed like they were winging it. It appeared that they didn't want to be there. They were terrible at assessing talent because of their lack of knowledge. We ended up telling jokes. It ended up being a joke. Very unprofessional especially with the decades these guys had with the company

Interview Questions
    • How many crew members did you have on the production lines that you have ran?   View Answer

Quality Interview

waited 3 months, interviewed by two supervisors. informal. asked about basic computer skills and wiliness to learn. light and easy. How would you handle certain issues in the office with coworkers

Bindery Machine Operator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

You apply online, and get an email saying they got your application. They call you and set up an interview. As long as you are truthful with everything you put on your application you should be in good shape.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you questions about what would you do in the situation. Coming up with an expample of how you handled a situation is kind of hard.   Answer Question
    Easy, they offer you the job and you can accept. The pay is based on a chart, nothing to negotiate there.

Security Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in July 2014.

The interview process was very unorganized. It took several emails over a period of two weeks to get in touch with the recruiter after receiving an initial email. While having my 1st round interview, I wasn't given theopportunity to ask any questions with HR. When the second round interview occurred, it appeared that the interviewers were very new to interviewing. There would be long pauses after I would answer questions (I assumed that it would only take a few seconds to write my responses). While I admit that this may have not been one of my best interviews, it didn't really have any substance to it and I'm glad that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you try to resolve bad software code within an internal application.   Answer Question

Preanetation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in July 2014.

Incredibly simple. Contacted by HR recruiter via phone, applied for job on their recommendation, talked to another person via phone two days later, offered the job two days after that.

Offer was what I was looking for to make a career move and the hours are fantastic.

Account Manager Interview

Interviewed twice to gain my current position by upper management. The first time was with the human resources area, it was a basic entry level interview, standard questions with no surprises. The second interview was with the a group of three managers including the facility manager, customer service manager and an account manager at one time.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you want to be within the company in 5 years?   Answer Question