R.R. Donnelley Interview Questions

2.6

Composition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Incredibly disjointed process. The "in-house" hiring personnel admitted they were not a permanent employee, which seemed a tad strange. This person was a consultant and was moody - mainly rude, sometimes nice. I have NEVER had such a frustrating process, but was absolutely glad to know how disjointed the company (at least at this location or within this branch) was/is. I could not get a response from the "real" HR department, had emails bounced back, and was accused of a false answer/response MULTIPLE times. SOOOOO glad to not work there!!!

Distribution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strasburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strasburg, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

The interview was conducted by a three person panel. Very uncomfortable, felt more like an interrogation!!! Some of the questions were completed foolish, others too personal. The interview (with three people) took way to long and then I was given a test at the end.

Interview Questions
    We are offering this position as an entry level position into customer service.

Financial Analyst III Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

didn't take much time, was through temp agency but done within 30 minutes. there should be phone interview but skipped because of weather and appear for 1:1 interview. I can say was easy and simple.

Interview Questions
    • pretty straight , about past job, experience, environment and culture looking for ?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Actually it was quite comfortable, as the interviewer was highly knowledgeable and detailed as to the nature of the position, and what all the role would require. It was thorough, reciprocal and positive.

Interview Questions
    • What do you (referring to me) consider to be your greatest attribute, relative to working closely with the client?   View Answer

Creative Strategist Interview

I'd give RRD a 6/10 in terms of screening you in. They vetted me well as a candidate; so first round of phone interviews went well, as did the initial in-person interview. The problem(s) were, these first layers did not have the same expectations for the role that the guy int he corner office had. There was a total disconnect.

With a background in design and strategy, I thought I'd try vendor-side for a change – the variety in client work sounded enticing... but they couldn't talk about the accounts.. just around the big ones based here in Atlanta. RRD aren't just printers anymore; whatever it is they do now is still a bit of a mystery. (Don't expect the website to help you prepare).

Because the creatives couldn't talk about which accounts this position might work with, it was difficult to learn more about the role really entailed. HR recruiters, an Art Director in NY and the Creative Director in Atlanta had a completely different vision from what the guy in the corner office had in mind. By the time I came in for the second in-person interview, I was hoping to finally learn about the role. Instead, corner office guy demanded to first see samples of my work. (Brought samples, but wanted to pick the most relevant). Turned out, what he really wants is someone who can sell, sell, sell. Creative background and conceptual abilities are not necessary for this role. All that's needed is a knowledge of whatever devices RRD manufactures and an ability to sell, sell, and upsell.

unpleasant last interview

Print Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

I applied on line and received a call within two days. I had a meeting set for two more days. It was a positive experience. I met the internal recruiter at a hotel. We ended up speaking for over 30 minutes. She was in a bit of a rush to catch a plane. This is a huge global company. It has many divisions. Make sure you do your homework about the company before you interview.

Sales Interview

very easy - in person interview, offer made a couple of days later, probably the easiest interview process i ever experienced. Not really sure what I can say -

Xbrl Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

My interview process was very swift. Altogether the process took about 2-3 weeks. The interviews were situation orientated dealing with experiences with clients, Great experience. The interviewers were very kind. The interview felt more of a conversation than a questionaire.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to go into detail a situation involving an angry client. I was asked to explain the relationships of GAAP statements and notes relating.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Had two managers in the interview. They were not sure of themselves and can easily see that they weren't qualified by the lack of substance in the interview. After answering a question their was a long pause for them to think up the next question. They weren't prepared with question and it seemed like they were winging it. It appeared that they didn't want to be there. They were terrible at assessing talent because of their lack of knowledge. We ended up telling jokes. It ended up being a joke. Very unprofessional especially with the decades these guys had with the company

Interview Questions
    • How many crew members did you have on the production lines that you have ran?   View Answer

Quality Interview

waited 3 months, interviewed by two supervisors. informal. asked about basic computer skills and wiliness to learn. light and easy. How would you handle certain issues in the office with coworkers