R.R. Donnelley Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online – interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

Spoke to an HR employee over the telephone. Had a good conversation about 15 minutes talking about past experiences in work and capabilities. She was proper and asked typical but good questions as an employer should.

Lead Press Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Durham, NC).

Interview

Talked w/ COO and department manager? Plant tour, spoke with current employèes. Shown all departments in process for finishing jobs. Met HR to be told benefits and company policy and SOPs. Entire process took in all aspects of customer expectations and quality printing. All in all interview went well. Lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions

• Years of exp. on machine in job desription.   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I was sent an email requesting a phone interview. The interview took about 20 minutes, just as the email had said. It was pretty much what I expected; they discussed the program, the sales-oriented track, mentioned the requirements and duration of each phase of the program. I was asked 3 or 4 pretty standard interview questions, and was also given time to ask my own questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a big decision that you had to make recently, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • This program starts at the ground floor, in the print production area. Would you be comfortable with this - as opposed to a job in a high rise?   Answer Question

Composition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Incredibly disjointed process. The "in-house" hiring personnel admitted they were not a permanent employee, which seemed a tad strange. This person was a consultant and was moody - mainly rude, sometimes nice. I have NEVER had such a frustrating process, but was absolutely glad to know how disjointed the company (at least at this location or within this branch) was/is. I could not get a response from the "real" HR department, had emails bounced back, and was accused of a false answer/response MULTIPLE times. SOOOOO glad to not work there!!!

Distribution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strasburg, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Strasburg, VA).

Interview

The interview was conducted by a three person panel. Very uncomfortable, felt more like an interrogation!!! Some of the questions were completed foolish, others too personal. The interview (with three people) took way to long and then I was given a test at the end.

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in 10 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We are offering this position as an entry level position into customer service.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview was pretty standard, in the second interview I met with all the different department heads: Finance, Sales, Production Manager, Product Manager, and two people currently in the program. After meeting with all the different people, yiu get to tiur the facility frm the press room to cutting, and binding, and where different people are in the offices. The whole process took about three hours with the facility tour.

Financial Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

didn't take much time, was through temp agency but done within 30 minutes. there should be phone interview but skipped because of weather and appear for 1:1 interview. I can say was easy and simple.

Interview Questions

• pretty straight , about past job, experience, environment and culture looking for ?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

Actually it was quite comfortable, as the interviewer was highly knowledgeable and detailed as to the nature of the position, and what all the role would require. It was thorough, reciprocal and positive.

Interview Questions

• What do you (referring to me) consider to be your greatest attribute, relative to working closely with the client?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a brief phone screening that basically asked "How did you hear about us? What interests you in the position", and questions concerning your resume.

After the phone screening they called me in for an onsite interview at their Raleigh/Durham office. First they gave me a tour of the plant which is very long and one of the most boring actives I have ever done. After the tour they took me into a conference room where I was interviewed by 4-5 people 1 on 1. Then the President of PBM graphics came and and interviewed me. He was very unprofessional and would interrupt me in the middle of answer. Because he's the president of this low level printing company owned by a much larger and respected firm he walked around like he owned RR Donnelley when in actuality he was in charge of very little.

Overall, everyone at the company was nice and pleasant to talk to but the president was one of the worst people I've ever dealt with in a professional setting. Unless you have a bad GPA or went to a no name university I would not recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to reach a compromise.

Why printing?

Tell me about yourself.

Very basic questions.

Answer Question

Creative Digital Leadership Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews (phone interview, in person, then another phone interview.) Neither of the three interviewers seemed to agree on defining the role… the last one was the most honest with me regarding "company environment." (old-school.) Seems like they were looking to hire someone to "save an account" but not sure.

Interview Questions

• Interesting: all three interviewers dominated the conversation by providing answers to the questions they were asking...None seemed very happy with their employer or situation?   1 Answer