R.R. Donnelley

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.6

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Actually it was quite comfortable, as the interviewer was highly knowledgeable and detailed as to the nature of the position, and what all the role would require. It was thorough, reciprocal and positive.

Interview Questions
    • What do you (referring to me) consider to be your greatest attribute, relative to working closely with the client?   View Answer

Financial Analyst III Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

didn't take much time, was through temp agency but done within 30 minutes. there should be phone interview but skipped because of weather and appear for 1:1 interview. I can say was easy and simple.

Interview Questions
    • pretty straight , about past job, experience, environment and culture looking for ?   Answer Question

Client Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Got a direct call from their recruiting department after making my cv visible online on job searching websites. They called me and asked whether I would like to apply for a job they had available. They forwarded my cv to the office that the job was for and then had an interview scheduled for the next week and got offered the job there and then.

Interview Questions
    • what is your current role, what do you do on a daily basis, what do you know about the company and role, what is it that we do, how do you work in a team, how do you motivate your colleagues, how do you deal with change, what if another member of staff is against change.   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in July 2011.

This is a complete waste of time. They conduct an interview, but I think they're only trying to hang on to the remnants of what a professional business is thought to be. If you have an interview as an entry level employee then you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked questions that pertain none whatsoever to the tasks you'll be expected to do. "What are your hobbies?" A pertinent question from someone whom you'll never speak with again.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase. It's predetermined hourly.

Creative Strategist Interview

I'd give RRD a 6/10 in terms of screening you in. They vetted me well as a candidate; so first round of phone interviews went well, as did the initial in-person interview. The problem(s) were, these first layers did not have the same expectations for the role that the guy int he corner office had. There was a total disconnect.

With a background in design and strategy, I thought I'd try vendor-side for a change – the variety in client work sounded enticing... but they couldn't talk about the accounts.. just around the big ones based here in Atlanta. RRD aren't just printers anymore; whatever it is they do now is still a bit of a mystery. (Don't expect the website to help you prepare).

Because the creatives couldn't talk about which accounts this position might work with, it was difficult to learn more about the role really entailed. HR recruiters, an Art Director in NY and the Creative Director in Atlanta had a completely different vision from what the guy in the corner office had in mind. By the time I came in for the second in-person interview, I was hoping to finally learn about the role. Instead, corner office guy demanded to first see samples of my work. (Brought samples, but wanted to pick the most relevant). Turned out, what he really wants is someone who can sell, sell, sell. Creative background and conceptual abilities are not necessary for this role. All that's needed is a knowledge of whatever devices RRD manufactures and an ability to sell, sell, and upsell.

unpleasant last interview

Senior Document Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in September 2014.

it is very simple. All you need to have is very good communication skills and good knowledge in ms word. First round will be a technical assessment, if you get through it you will be called for second round which is also very simple. And then if you are furthur shortlisted you will have a hr round where they will discuss your shift, your role in their company, salary and cab facility. All you have to do is nod your head. And then thats it.

Interview Questions
    • the tecnical round will be kindof tough but not for an expert   Answer Question

Print Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

I applied on line and received a call within two days. I had a meeting set for two more days. It was a positive experience. I met the internal recruiter at a hotel. We ended up speaking for over 30 minutes. She was in a bit of a rush to catch a plane. This is a huge global company. It has many divisions. Make sure you do your homework about the company before you interview.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in September 2014.

Was called by HR through jobportal. When reached office had to wait a long time for the interview since the role was for new team and the interviewer was the team lead and was busy at that moment. When the interview started it was a basic tell me about yourself interview and how I woud suit the role. It ended with the interviewer providing me with an assignment based on which further interview process would go.

After submission of assignment they were happy about it and called in for another round of interview just for collecting personal details stating that I was selected. After that interview the HR later called up stating that they are witholding the offer since the client of the project wanted to interview me.

Hence a third round of interview was held at, again, their office premises. It was a telephonic round. The client from US called up and explained about the project and detailed his expectation from me. In the end of the interview he was satsified with it and quoted that another peron representing RRD would follow up the procedure from then on.

After considerable number of days, called up the HR only to be informed that there was no offer since the client was not happy with my profile. No feeback was provided.

Interview Questions
    • The question were all easy since every question asked was from my area of expertise.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

very easy - in person interview, offer made a couple of days later, probably the easiest interview process i ever experienced. Not really sure what I can say -

Manager Interview

several rounds of interview but still not been very straight forward. need to prepare well and go based on the position and be prepared for the background verification. Be very much to the subject and your experience with the work and ask questions if necessary.