R.R. Donnelley

82 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in January 2012.

Interview Details – Casual

Interview Question – Focusing on wrong things. Trying to "catch" something. Was kind of strange. I like straight forward Q and A.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Project Manager Intern Interview

Project Manager Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in March 2013.

Interview Details – 3 people interviewed me. Hot seat.

Interview Question – How many times does the minute and hour hand on a clock over lap in a day. And when do they overlap.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Equipment Operator Interview

Equipment Operator

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview Details – Worked through the staffing agency for a year in one department. Interview is basic, they asked the same questions as any retail job would ask.

Interview Question – None. This was a hiring from a temp service and the questions in the interview came from a print sheet with only the most rudimentary questions.   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Creative Director

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview Details – Phone interview then a sit down with the account director

Interview Question – Do you have a problem letting people go.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – back and forth

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Logan, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in January 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty basic, corp provided questions, ask about time management, how to handle difficult customers, difficult situations, past work experience, etc. Usually there are two or three people conducting the interview, most of the time HR isn't involved in the interviewing process.

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview Details – RRD likes to bring new employees on in a temp-perm basis. Interview process was pretty straightforward. Met with hiring manager for a round of googled interview questions and then had a phone interview with department head that was more of a loose conversation about past experiences and future career goals.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't I hire you?   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Stylist

Interviewed at R.R. Donnelley

Interview Details – I was called by a recruiter. He asked me about my interests and hobbies. Most questions were not related to the job. Also, I did not receive any information about the job or its duties.

Interview Question – The recruiter asked me if I liked Kanye West or Jay-Z better.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview Details – I initially got the job through monster.com, but that was over 10 years ago, so I don't know how relevant my contribution will be. I do remember the process taking quite a while, maybe 6 weeks or more. The manager who hired me got caught up in a lot of corporate red tape to get everything approved.

Interview Question – Honestly I don't remember. It was very informal. I think it was just more back and forth chit chat to make sure I would fit in with the others in the office.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I remember they offered my a salary and I tried to negotiate for more. The manager said that if things worked out, we could take a look in six months and see about increasing my salary. Turns out, after six months I had a different manager, so that was out the window.

Very Easy Interview

Presentations Operator Interview

Presentations Operator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview Details – Hiring process took place entirely by phone. Interviewed by person in New York at my location in Los Angeles. Was hired immediatly.

Interview Question – How do you manage time constraints and office egos.   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Production Artist

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview Details – One interview. Asked general production and design questions. Got the job and started the next week.

Interview Question – Kerning, tools, etc.   Answer Question