R.R. Donnelley Interview Questions

2.7

Head Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochelle, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochelle, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in August 2012.

the people were great to work for. it was a somewhat relaxed working enviornment. I got along with all upper management. I was on the safety commitee a few years back

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in May 2012.

Interview process is simple but the background check is cumbersome and long. Prepare to wait a few weeks between job offer and start date

none

Master PLanner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in February 2012.

Got the interview through a referral. The manager interviewed me first on MRP (which is what the job was all about). He asked for my experience in the relevant area, the positions I had held and my achievements. He was looking out for certain specific points in the answers to his question. He did not seem to be friendly person at all (but now that I know him, he really is)

Interview Questions
    Not much luck here being an international candidate

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in January 2012.

Casual

Interview Questions
    • Focusing on wrong things. Trying to "catch" something. Was kind of strange. I like straight forward Q and A.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owensville, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owensville, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in November 2011.

Process was not organized - communication was not organized.

Applied online, 30 days later got a call from corporate setting up a phone interview w/ local HR manager. Local HR manager in charge of 3 locations was uncertain about the process for hiring and could not provide any information about process or next steps / expectations.

Seemed completely overwhelmed and disorganized, as if they grew too fast thru the acquisitions and were in way over their heads.

Interview Questions

Manager indicated dying industry, and "New Jobs" announced were actually the result of another location closing and them moving units to another plant, rather than truly creating jobs.

All HR questions were centered around lawsuits. All. Red flag.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in July 2011.

Questions to expect:
    Types projects worked
    Technical skills
    Volume managed
    Work process
    Client and vendors communication
    Present a case study
    Example of a pressure situation - how to handle it
    Time management skills
    Ask job related kind of questions
    Strenghts - weaknesses
    weaknesses - that can be viewed as a strength

A very corporate environment, i.e. cubicles, impersonal, soullessness (which some people might like, not me)

Interview Questions

It was a long-term contract position, paid per hour, with a slight chance moving on as a permanent employee. Hourly wage and yearly salary were on the lower range for the position.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mendota, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mendota, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in June 2011.

Interview process was typical. Nothing out of the ordinary. Questions were fair and relevent.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in May 2011.

Received phone call and scheduled interview

Interview by two people. Questions came from a company interview sheet for a project manager. The hiring manager stated the same questions are asked to everyone who applies for the position to be fair to everyone that applied.

questions about situations and how you would handle them.

Document Processor Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in December 2010.

I was first contacted by an HR Manager, who set up the interview with the Site Manager. The HR Manager did not ask any questions so there was no pre-screening. I met with the Site Manager and had a very easy interview. Very casual and simple, basic questions. I was given a tour of the facility and introduced to others in the business unit. I was told the next step would be meeting with the Regional Manager, who was out-of-state. A few weeks later I was invited back for that interview. Again, very basic questions. I was offered the position a few weeks later. Since working there, the interviewing process has become more formal, with behavioral questions added to professional experience.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate salary and vacation.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dwight, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dwight, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in August 2010.

The interview process is very basic. There is a 1-1 interview where they ask you some behavioral based questions, what kind of skills do you have that would make you fit for working for the company etc. When the interview process is overwith you they give you a tour of the plant and you go home and wait for a phone call to see if you have recieved the job.